Punjab Govt gives nod for ropeway project
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Tuesday said the Punjab Government has given its consent to revive the long-pending ropeway project between Anandpur Sahib and Naina Devi on the persuasion of the Himachal Government.
Thakur said he had written a letter to his Punjab counterpart Capt Amarinder requesting him to take personal interest in reviving this long pending ambitious project. A communiqué in this respect from the Punjab Chief Minister has been received by Jai Ram Thakur.
Thakur said the Punjab CM has directed the Secretary Tourism, Punjab Government to finalise all the formalities regarding this project. He said now a fresh MoU would be signed to initiate the work on this project in the right earnest.
The CM said memorandum of understanding was signed between the Governments of Himachal Pradesh and Punjab for setting of this project on public private partnership mode on July 26, 2012.
He said this MoU did not come into effect for certain reasons and was scrapped by the previous Congress Government. Now, the State Government in accordance with its commitment to give special emphasis on religious and adventure tourism has taken necessary steps in this regard, he said.
The Chief Minister added this project will prove a major attraction for the pilgrimage and tourists visiting holy cities of Naina Devi in Himachal and Anadpur Sahib in Punjab.
He added this project will not only be an added attraction to the tourists, but also give a boost the tourism activities in the State.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun