× CLOSE MENU
Punjab launches Dr Hargobind Khurana Scholarship scheme
Saturday, 09 November 2013 | PNS | Jalandhar | in Chandigarh
Announced in this year’s budget, the Punjab Government on Friday launched scholarship scheme for poor meritorious students of Government schools in the name of Dr Hargobind Khorana — an eminent biochemist of Punjabi-origin and a Nobel Prize winner.
Under Dr Hargobind Khorana Scholarship scheme, the students securing 80 per cent and more marks would get RS 30,000 per annum. Launching the scheme, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said that the state was making all efforts to ensure poor students get quality education so as to bridge the gap with their convent-educated peers. He said that his government would open six ‘Special Schools’ across the state in which meritorious students would also be provided free boarding facilities. Terming hard work as the key to success, Badal said that he was happy to note that students from rural areas, mainly girls, were securing more than 90 per cent marks.
Assails Centre for escalating prices of tomatoes, onions
Slamming the Congress-led UPA Government at the Centre, Badal said sky-rocketing prices of basic commodities like tomatoes and onions reflected its complete insensitivity towards the common man. Squarely blaming the Congress for meting out step-motherly treatment to the state, he said that due to its stringent and unrealistic parameters, the farmers of the state were being harassed for the procurement of their food grains produced with sweat and toil.
Sukhbir hails CM for launching another pro-poor scheme
Lauding the Chief Minister for launching another pro-poor scheme, his Deputy Sukhbir Badal said that the ambitious scheme would give much-required impetus to the education in the state. “It is on record that every welfare scheme, whether it is Atta-Dal, Shagun, pension, free power or other, has been initiated in the state under Badal’s leadership. Due to his vision, all 30 lakh beneficiaries of Atta-Dal scheme would get Atta at the rate of Re one per kilo from next month,” he added
- Hridya Naryan Dikshit elected speaker of UP Assembly 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Be sensitive towards public problems : UP CM 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Yogi Adityanath expresses grief over the Mahakaushal Express train derailment 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mukhtar Ansari shifted to Banda Jail 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- All India Jamaital Quraish decides to end strike after meeting CM 31 Mar 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fund swindling goes on in N’pada panchayat works 31 Mar 2017 | AJIT PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Baijayant finds ally in Baishnab 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Infra, communication to be upgraded to combat Maoists 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- INBREIF 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 16 families exiled after panchayat polls in A’garh 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Copyright © 2017 The Pioneer. All Rights Reserved Site Designed and Developed by: Infomedia Web Solutions