- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- ‘Mahaparayan’ to transport dead body launched 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Kerala seeks power support from Odisha 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Central Govt seeks report on inactiveness of dalit corporation 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Frequent power cuts: Bandh observed at Udala 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Umesh Singh takes over as new ECoR GM 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to attend B’luru Investors’ Meet today 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Tumari Smrutire’ kicks off to pay tribute to Sanjukta 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PRI polls: Opp still has to do lots of homework 26 Aug 2016 | LALIT MOHAN MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Bhekti seeds ranching in Chilika planned 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- VHP seeks Laxmananada killers punished soon 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.