Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
- CMDC’s Aridongri iron ore output for local units first 26 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two arrested in gangrape case 26 May 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Discussion on ‘Tabacco - A threat to development’ at CCL 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tungsten Extraction Pilot Plant inaugurated at NML 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu MP meets victims' family 26 May 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Kendu leaves plucking and transportation keeps SP Latehar & PTR on live wire 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Teenager drowns in Beldih lake, another rescued 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minority Commission sees conspiracy to defame CM 26 May 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Amazon to make global imprint of tassar 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Farmers’ dues to be paid before monsoon 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi