Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man rapes woman threatening to kill her son 22 Jul 2017 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- 10-yr Management Plan for Wolf Sanctuary on anvil in Latehar 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NHAI introduces the long awaited services on NH 33 22 Jul 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Sanction PDS shops to Sakhi Mandals: CS 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi