- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- State needs tough CM like kaluan singh: Amit Shah 28 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh prefers no alliance for assembly polls 28 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ramanand Yadav to from new political outfit ‘Samajwadi Swabhiman Manch’ 28 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Congress ropes in Priyanka Gandhi for poll campaign in State 28 Oct 2016 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- SP Govt hikes honorarium of village heads 28 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati condemns Amit shah’s statement 28 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘Master System Integrator’ to manage ‘Naya Raipur Smart City System’ 28 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- IIIT Naya Raipur to get solar power plant 28 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Will urge Rlys to offer jobs to apprenticeship candidates, says CM Raman Singh 28 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CMDC to mine Bauxite in Narmadapur and Barima block in the State 28 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
This election has turned my stomach upside down. It has been embarrassing. But I'll vote for policies, so it's Trump.
Donate whatever small money to AAP, as your money would be useful to defeat the corrupt Badal regimen in Punjab.
It's never easy to adapt a book into a film. The good part is whenever you get stuck, you at least have something to fall back on.