- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- One dead in panchayat pre-poll violence 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJP goes all out for success of PM’s Saharanpur rally 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Notification for RS, Council polls issued 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Lucknow set to be a smart(er) city 25 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- MSY visits Neeraj at RML Hosp 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Irani to launch Education portal 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Godman arrested for sexual exploitation 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Mishra writes Ranjan to order probe into `Salary Sharing Scam’ 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- State Govt reshuffles 26 Bureaucrats 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Mega PWS projects still hangs in balance 25 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
We respect Pakistan's territorial integrity. But we will carry out strikes to remove terrorists directing attacks against US.
Time was when we shot in Kashmir every year. Now (I am) going to be shooting there for the first time after 1984.
We will ensure that the Yamuna river is cleaned on a war footing and Punjab's Seechewal model is implemented in Delhi.