- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Seventh Pay Commission: Good news for State Govt employees 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mulayam slams PM for making false promises 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP CM announces compensation for victim’s of demonetisation. 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM asks PM to release funds for Power Distribution Companies 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh skips Mulayam’s mega rally 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Three IPS officers gets new post in reshuffle 08 Dec 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- NASSCOM, Odisha launch drive to control e-Waste 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 662-brand colleges hold rally, demand GIA 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 Public Prosecutors appointed for speedy trial of POSCO cases 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Merchants to accept digital payments in GPs 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
For god's sake, do your job. You (MPs) are meant to transact business in Parliament (and not to disrupt).
Rahul Gandhi is competing with Arvind Kejriwal in TRP politics by levelling baseless charges on daily basis.
We (India and the US) are both multicultural societies, but nevertheless, hold together extremely well.