Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
- 500 Magistrates, 2K cops on toes for festivals 22 Sep 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Ashok Khosla to address Dr Verghese Kurien Memorial Oration at XLRI 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kendriya Vidyalaya launches Swachchh Abhiyan 22 Sep 2017 | Suresh Nikhar | in Ranchi
- Maoists‚Äô landmine kills PTR elephant 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tata Power bags 3 gold awards at CCQC 2017 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Religious gurus meet on cleanliness 22 Sep 2017 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- SER to run special superfast trains to meet festive rush 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Councilor of Adityapur civic body stabbed 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Eco conservation theme to lure devotees 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi