- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- 58 per cent voting recorded in fifth phase of polling 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh Yadav threw another gauntlet to PM asking for debate 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati takes a dig at CM and his wife Dimple 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP divided over muslim participation in party organisation 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Odisha can supply power to each family in next 2-3 yrs 28 Feb 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Ministry of Home Affairs refused to change cadre of Amitabh Thakur 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP, BJD at loggerheads again over IOCL 28 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Gohain reviews railway projects, stresses on safety 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP, Cong move SEC over discrepancies in evaluation 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Farmers dump tomato before K’jhar DM office 28 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
PDP has surrendered before the RSS and the BJP and their agenda on Kashmir. Even smaller issues are being dictated by them.
It didn't feel like a very glamorous evening. I've been to the Oscars. There was something very special missing.
With threats and hate crimes on rise, we shouldn't have to tell US President to do his part. He must step up and speak out.