- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will contest against Akhilesh if he doesn’t listen says Mulayam 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC issues notifications for first phase of UP Polls 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP legislature, Congress, BSP leaders joins BJP 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP expels Sahibabad MLA Amarpal Sharma for anti-party activites 17 Jan 2017 | pns | in Lucknow
- SP,BSP wants votes and BJP wants people welfare: Maurya to Dalit community 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJD peps up SHGs for votes in rural polls 17 Jan 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- No report that jumbo population has decreased 17 Jan 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Wary of image, BJD, BJP fight over raids 17 Jan 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- UN Behera takes over as OERC chief 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- New poll schedule in M’giri after Jan 22 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
I will live for Muslims and die for them. If it comes to Muslims' interest, I will also fight against him (Akhilesh Yadav).
In a relationship when people are attracted to each other, things do happen. But it does not mean it's rape.
I think she (German Chancellor) made one very catastrophic mistake, and that was taking in illegals, wherever they come from.