- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM expands cabinet for eighth time 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Opposition slams re-induction of Prajapati 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Not afraid of RSS and BJP says Rahul Gandhi 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul criticises PM over not meeting farmers directly 27 Sep 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- Kairana Exodus to become Poll issue 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP plans backward caste sammelans in the state 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ECI scans the poll preparations in the State 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh Yadav is the future of SP: Ram Gopal Yadav 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State’s loan burden rises to Rs54K crore 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man killed over past enmity, extortion in Puri 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Those who think they can keep Pakistan together by attacking other cultures with jihadist extremism, should visit Dhaka.
The Hindu community has made fantastic contributions to world civilisation and to American culture.
If it wasn't for Arnold Palmer, golf wouldn't be as popular as it is now. He was the one who brought it to the forefront.