- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Punjab to hold Investment Promotion meet on Dec 9
Punjab is gearing up to hold its first-ever Investment Promotion Summit on December 9-10. The two-day event will be held at the newly-constructed multi sports stadium at Mohali and will host around business heads and representatives of more than 2,000 companies from all across the country and even abroad.
Reviewing the arrangements, Deputy Chief Minister briefed the officers concerned that they should take steps to project to the visiting dignitaries that Punjab was the best state as far as ease of doing business was concerned.
He also directed that all arrangements for the summit should be done in a professional manner and emphasised on ensuring the usage of modern communication tools.
He directed that the ongoing beautification and landscaping of the Sports Complex should be expedited.
An organising committee of Ministers under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister has also been constituted and the committee would soon convene a meeting to finalise the whole program and preparations.
Sukhbir also constituted a high level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh besides Industries Secretary Karan Avtar Singh and Special Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Gagandeep Singh Brar to oversee the arrangements.
Informing that the summit would be organised in different sessions, Sukhbir said that after formal inauguration on December 9, there would be a main session followed by smaller sessions and individual interaction with the CEOs of various industrial and business houses. Secretary Industries Karan Avtar Singh assured the Deputy Chief Minister that all the arrangements would be made well in time.
Sukhbir also said that there was a vast scope for setting up IT and electronic hardware industry in Mohali, besides education, tourism and hospital ventures besides agro processing.
"An attractive investment policy has already been unveiled by the State Government…I am also touring the country to make investors aware of the same through road shows and one-to-one interactions," he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana prepares a road maintenance policy 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- More transparency in public procurement in Haryana 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Kalpana Chawla Medical College 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- HP Govt approves investor friendly hydro policy 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Govt mulls panel to curb spread of whitefly pest in Punjab 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Bijli Nigam prepares bidding documents to bring transparency 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Congress is `behal’ : SP 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Protect your own country rather eyeing Kashmir : Azad tells Sharif 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- AIPEF to join day-long countrywide strike on September 2 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
I want to appeal to the Bishnoi community, don't lose your heart. You have been fighting for the protection of wildlife and forest for age and will continue to do that.
I am not looking for a future in politics. I am an artist and I am not here to win an election. My stories speak what I want to say.
Hillary Clinton believes, US is a country where people of all backgrounds can make a home. But that America isn't possible if we allow Trump to build a wall that divides us.