- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Punjab to launch scholarship scheme from August
This August, Punjab Government will start on its ambitious Dr Hargobind Khurana scholarship scheme for the meritorious students of government and Adarsh Schools securing 80 per cent or above in matriculation examination.
Approximately, 3362 students studying in government and Adarsh schools run by the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) are expected to get the scholarship.
The Punjab Government would spend around Rs 15 crore on the scheme in two years, and an amount of Rs eight crore would be spend on the scholarship scheme during the current fiscal year, said the state Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka on Monday.
“The scheme has been named after eminent scientist Dr Hargobind Khurana who won the Noble Prize in 1968 for medicine. We are going to start this scheme from August 1 and already Rs eight crore has been set aside for the same,” said Maluka.
He added that the scholarship amounting Rs 30,000 per annum would be disbursed to the students for two year — for Class XI and XII —through e-transfer in their accounts.
“Each student would receive a monthly scholarship of Rs 2500. There would be no income limit under this scheme. All students who secured 80 per cent or more would be entitled to this scholarship up to senior secondary level,” said Maluka.
Already directions have been issued to all the concerned District Education Officers to ensure the opening of bank accounts of the eligible and identified students for the purpose of directly crediting the scholarship amount in their bank accounts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Govt worked for welfare of students : CM 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ministers in SP to be reinstated 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rural schedule of power tariff in rural areas 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Micro-finance companies business come down by 50 per cent 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation taken in national interest : Rajnath Singh 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM to address Parivartan rally in Moradabad 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation - biggest scam in nation : Congress 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Dense fog claimed five lives 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Big bang: Make in Odsiha nets Rs 2.3 lakh cr! 03 Dec 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- Make job plan for 1.25 crore youths: Pradhan asks State 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
29 Nov 2016 | Ananya Borgohain
The third edition of this unique festival promises to bring renowned names from different fields together for engaging and creative discussions, writes Ananya Borgohain The third edition of the Great Indian Film and Literature Festival is all set to start on December 2, 2016 at DLF Cyber Hub, Gurgaon. The festival that started in 2015 will see renowned artists of both the Indian film industry as well as the literary fraternity...
Army has been deployed without informing the State Government. This is unprecedented and serious. Is this a military coup?
For me, female attention is one of the best things ever. I love women and women love me. I love being a sex symbol.
Prime Minister Modi is a prisoner of his own image, inflicting suffering on the people of India to protect his own persona.