- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Punjab to set up cinema halls in villages
In what could be the first of its kind move, Punjab Government has decided to set up cinema halls in villages to provide entertainment facilities in rural areas.
The announcement was made in the national Capital by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal during deliberations on Film Policy for Punjab drafted by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) with its Chairman Ramesh Sippy.
Badal said the new policy would come up within two months and enshrine the concept of rural cinema halls, first of its kind in the country, having one or two screens with capacity of 100 seats or more. “It will help in entertainment of rural masses at low costs and provide impetus to production of more Punjabi and other languages films in the state” he asserted. The Deputy Chief Minister also announced that from next year, Punjab Government would award quality films, producers, actors and others with awards ranging from Rs 25 lakh, Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively for first, second and third category awards amounting to Rs one crore.
Badal also gave nod to set up world class Film Training Institute in Mohali with the help of NFDC that would provide specialisation indifferent trades related with film industry. He said that new film policy would promote cinematic tourism in the State. “This comprehensive policy will attract film producers and directors to come to the State and establish a film city and film institute also,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP-BJD face-off over refinery hots up 06 Feb 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- 5 major city parks to get open air gyms 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State for early announcement of NINIE 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Denizens join hands with BMC, clean city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State’s support has made refinery possible: BJD 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD Government’s incentive withdrawal delayed refinery’ 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mahapatra chief dir of movie on Paika Vidroh 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Indian origin Canada national detained 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NSD to bring Bharat Rang Mahotsav to city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Seashore dir Prabhat’s bail plea rejected 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
31 Jan 2016 | Gautam Chintamani
The Indians are coming! From Kunal Nayyar to Priyanka Chopra to Aziz Ansari, Gautam Chintamani explains how the golden age of Indian or even Asian portrayal on American television may have irrevocably arrived In an episode of the television show Master of None titled ‘Indians on TV’, Aziz Ansari, the well-known American actor and comedian, who also happens to be the creator of the show, succinctly summed up the state of....
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.