- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Punjab to set up cinema halls in villages
In what could be the first of its kind move, Punjab Government has decided to set up cinema halls in villages to provide entertainment facilities in rural areas.
The announcement was made in the national Capital by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal during deliberations on Film Policy for Punjab drafted by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) with its Chairman Ramesh Sippy.
Badal said the new policy would come up within two months and enshrine the concept of rural cinema halls, first of its kind in the country, having one or two screens with capacity of 100 seats or more. “It will help in entertainment of rural masses at low costs and provide impetus to production of more Punjabi and other languages films in the state” he asserted. The Deputy Chief Minister also announced that from next year, Punjab Government would award quality films, producers, actors and others with awards ranging from Rs 25 lakh, Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively for first, second and third category awards amounting to Rs one crore.
Badal also gave nod to set up world class Film Training Institute in Mohali with the help of NFDC that would provide specialisation indifferent trades related with film industry. He said that new film policy would promote cinematic tourism in the State. “This comprehensive policy will attract film producers and directors to come to the State and establish a film city and film institute also,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP demonstrate against BSP leaders 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Everyone is equal before law and eligible to get justice: CM 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM Attacks Modi 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to felicitate state’s outstanding achievers 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP to take out Tiranga Yatra 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Severe flood situation in state 24 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJD announces stir over Mahanadi C’garh dam 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- City Raahgiri takes monsoon break 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crime track system in PSs by March 24 Jul 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Land given for 2nd Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baleswar district 24 Jul 2016 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.