- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Punjab to set up cinema halls in villages
In what could be the first of its kind move, Punjab Government has decided to set up cinema halls in villages to provide entertainment facilities in rural areas.
The announcement was made in the national Capital by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal during deliberations on Film Policy for Punjab drafted by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) with its Chairman Ramesh Sippy.
Badal said the new policy would come up within two months and enshrine the concept of rural cinema halls, first of its kind in the country, having one or two screens with capacity of 100 seats or more. “It will help in entertainment of rural masses at low costs and provide impetus to production of more Punjabi and other languages films in the state” he asserted. The Deputy Chief Minister also announced that from next year, Punjab Government would award quality films, producers, actors and others with awards ranging from Rs 25 lakh, Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively for first, second and third category awards amounting to Rs one crore.
Badal also gave nod to set up world class Film Training Institute in Mohali with the help of NFDC that would provide specialisation indifferent trades related with film industry. He said that new film policy would promote cinematic tourism in the State. “This comprehensive policy will attract film producers and directors to come to the State and establish a film city and film institute also,” he said.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun