- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Punjab to set up cinema halls in villages
In what could be the first of its kind move, Punjab Government has decided to set up cinema halls in villages to provide entertainment facilities in rural areas.
The announcement was made in the national Capital by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal during deliberations on Film Policy for Punjab drafted by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) with its Chairman Ramesh Sippy.
Badal said the new policy would come up within two months and enshrine the concept of rural cinema halls, first of its kind in the country, having one or two screens with capacity of 100 seats or more. “It will help in entertainment of rural masses at low costs and provide impetus to production of more Punjabi and other languages films in the state” he asserted. The Deputy Chief Minister also announced that from next year, Punjab Government would award quality films, producers, actors and others with awards ranging from Rs 25 lakh, Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively for first, second and third category awards amounting to Rs one crore.
Badal also gave nod to set up world class Film Training Institute in Mohali with the help of NFDC that would provide specialisation indifferent trades related with film industry. He said that new film policy would promote cinematic tourism in the State. “This comprehensive policy will attract film producers and directors to come to the State and establish a film city and film institute also,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM to keep RLD away from SP-Cong loop 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Party feud still persists : Shivpal Singh Yadav 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 12 killed, 35 injured after school bus collided with truck 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Atiq Ahmed quits SP; decides not to contest assembly polls 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC likely replace DGP and other officials 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC to give special passes to PC voters 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Second phase of polling in 67 Assembly segments to be issued on Friday 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati asks Smriti to make her education qualification public 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Priyanka decides not to campaign for Party in upcoming Assembly polls 20 Jan 2017 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- Puri murder: Police take accused on remand 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
We will take steps with the backing of the Centre (on Jallikattu). You will soon see (the steps). Wait, good will happen.
I think it is in America's interest and the world's interest that we have a constructive relationship with Russia.
JLF's popularity has spread like wildfire and has resulted in the birth of other copycat festivals, which is also a good thing.