Punjab to set up cinema halls in villages
In what could be the first of its kind move, Punjab Government has decided to set up cinema halls in villages to provide entertainment facilities in rural areas.
The announcement was made in the national Capital by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal during deliberations on Film Policy for Punjab drafted by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) with its Chairman Ramesh Sippy.
Badal said the new policy would come up within two months and enshrine the concept of rural cinema halls, first of its kind in the country, having one or two screens with capacity of 100 seats or more. “It will help in entertainment of rural masses at low costs and provide impetus to production of more Punjabi and other languages films in the state” he asserted. The Deputy Chief Minister also announced that from next year, Punjab Government would award quality films, producers, actors and others with awards ranging from Rs 25 lakh, Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively for first, second and third category awards amounting to Rs one crore.
Badal also gave nod to set up world class Film Training Institute in Mohali with the help of NFDC that would provide specialisation indifferent trades related with film industry. He said that new film policy would promote cinematic tourism in the State. “This comprehensive policy will attract film producers and directors to come to the State and establish a film city and film institute also,” he said.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun