- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Punjab to set up cinema halls in villages
In what could be the first of its kind move, Punjab Government has decided to set up cinema halls in villages to provide entertainment facilities in rural areas.
The announcement was made in the national Capital by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal during deliberations on Film Policy for Punjab drafted by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) with its Chairman Ramesh Sippy.
Badal said the new policy would come up within two months and enshrine the concept of rural cinema halls, first of its kind in the country, having one or two screens with capacity of 100 seats or more. “It will help in entertainment of rural masses at low costs and provide impetus to production of more Punjabi and other languages films in the state” he asserted. The Deputy Chief Minister also announced that from next year, Punjab Government would award quality films, producers, actors and others with awards ranging from Rs 25 lakh, Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively for first, second and third category awards amounting to Rs one crore.
Badal also gave nod to set up world class Film Training Institute in Mohali with the help of NFDC that would provide specialisation indifferent trades related with film industry. He said that new film policy would promote cinematic tourism in the State. “This comprehensive policy will attract film producers and directors to come to the State and establish a film city and film institute also,” he said.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Vote for Samajwadi Party appeals CM 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM likely to skip party’s Barelly rally 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP on High alert in view of Ayodhya’s demolition anniversary 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati to address party workers on Dr B R Ambedkar’s anniversary 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- !6 year old girl battling for life after acid attack 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Prez to inaugurate Int'l Gita Mahotsav today 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana CM approves Rs 50 cr for national hydrology project 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Mismanagement in demonetisation, says HP Cong 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana begins online process for pvt school 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INLD alleges PM not giving time to political parties on SYL 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If disagreements continue among the political parties (on Constitution), others might try to influence us. Leaders must move forward.
I'm excited because it's the first time I'm doing back-to-back films. It's not easy playing two distinct characters.
Alliance talks in some way demoralises our workers. My party's leadership has not asked me to look for a tie-up (with anybody).