Punjab to set up cinema halls in villages
In what could be the first of its kind move, Punjab Government has decided to set up cinema halls in villages to provide entertainment facilities in rural areas.
The announcement was made in the national Capital by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal during deliberations on Film Policy for Punjab drafted by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) with its Chairman Ramesh Sippy.
Badal said the new policy would come up within two months and enshrine the concept of rural cinema halls, first of its kind in the country, having one or two screens with capacity of 100 seats or more. “It will help in entertainment of rural masses at low costs and provide impetus to production of more Punjabi and other languages films in the state” he asserted. The Deputy Chief Minister also announced that from next year, Punjab Government would award quality films, producers, actors and others with awards ranging from Rs 25 lakh, Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively for first, second and third category awards amounting to Rs one crore.
Badal also gave nod to set up world class Film Training Institute in Mohali with the help of NFDC that would provide specialisation indifferent trades related with film industry. He said that new film policy would promote cinematic tourism in the State. “This comprehensive policy will attract film producers and directors to come to the State and establish a film city and film institute also,” he said.
- Saharanpur clash: Yogi govt suspends DM 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Eight youths drowned in Lakhimpur Kheri and Kanpur 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IT Department raids two corrupt UP babus 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Saharanpur clash: Mayawati blames BJP 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Japanese Encephalitis : UP Govt to launch massive immunisation programme 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 14 minor bridges proposed over Mandirhasaud-Kendri rly line 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to fulfil PM’s ‘Smart City’ dream: Amar 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Summer camp of Mount Fort Academy draws good response 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon police chalks out traffic plan ahead of Passing- out- Parade at IMA on May 26 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Officers inspect arrangements made for pilgrimage at Rishikesh 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun