Recognition of Prior Learning Programme launched
Apparel Training and Design Centre (ATDC), India’s Largest Quality Vocational Training Provider for the Apparel sector, launched the first ‘Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Programme’ under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal VikasYojana (PMKVY) at the factory premises of KG Exports at Ludhiana
Those present on the occasion included Rajat Bhatnagar, State Engagement Officer, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), and Kirti Jain, Assistant Director Operations North of Apparel Made-Ups Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMHSCC), Convener LMC, Ajit Lakra and Director General & CEO ATDC, Darlie Koshy. Managing Director of KG Exports, Harish Dua and ATDC RPL Team led by Neera Chandra, Roopali Shukla and others.
Dr Koshy DG & CEO said RPL for a country like India is an absolute necessity as only about 7 to 10 per cent the workforce have received any formal vocational training. In some section it is less than even 5 per cent. Jayant Krishna, COO NSDC said “The Indian apparel industry has seen an upward surge in the demand in the past few years and the industry is showing buoyancy by way of market growth. However, the sector has still to realise much of its huge potential.”
After Ludhiana, ATDC will take up RPL in other States like Punjab, Kerala, TN, Telangana, MP and West Bengal.
- BJP wins big, gets control of 21 out of 34 civic bodies 21 Apr 2018 | Mukesh Ranjan | in Ranchi
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh