Revenue patwari caught red-handed accepting bribe
Punjab State Vigilance Bureau on Monday nabbed a revenue patwari red handed accepting bribe of Rs6,000 in a corruption case.
Sursh Arora, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab said that the Bureau caught Tejinderpal Singh, Revenue Patwari posted at Guru Harsahai district Ferozpur, was caught demanding and accepting bribe from the complainant Joginder Singh — of village Mohan Ke Hithar, district Ferozpur.
Arora added that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that Patwari Tejinderpal Singh was demanding bribe to issue him Fard of land.
After finding the veracity of facts a vigilance team led by Inspector Kulwant Rai laid a trap and the accused was nabbed red handed in the presence of two Government officials as witnesses.
The tainted money was recovered from him. In this regard vigilance case under various sections was lodged at Vigilance Bureau Police Station, Ferozpur and further investigation is under progress.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun