- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Revenue patwari caught red-handed accepting bribe
Punjab State Vigilance Bureau on Monday nabbed a revenue patwari red handed accepting bribe of Rs6,000 in a corruption case.
Sursh Arora, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab said that the Bureau caught Tejinderpal Singh, Revenue Patwari posted at Guru Harsahai district Ferozpur, was caught demanding and accepting bribe from the complainant Joginder Singh — of village Mohan Ke Hithar, district Ferozpur.
Arora added that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that Patwari Tejinderpal Singh was demanding bribe to issue him Fard of land.
After finding the veracity of facts a vigilance team led by Inspector Kulwant Rai laid a trap and the accused was nabbed red handed in the presence of two Government officials as witnesses.
The tainted money was recovered from him. In this regard vigilance case under various sections was lodged at Vigilance Bureau Police Station, Ferozpur and further investigation is under progress.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Both SP factions keep fingers crossed on EC’s verdict on cycle symbol 16 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP alone can stop Modi Govt by defeating BJP in state claims Mayawati 16 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Samajwadi Party feud a Drama: BJP 16 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP’s Mulayam faction announces list of 26 candidates for Uttarakhand assembly polls 16 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DGP launches campaign to bridge gap between police, public 16 Jan 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | in Ranchi
- Munna Marandi, father still at large 16 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cold wave: No primary classes till Jan 17 16 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand prepares to rock Surajkund Mela 16 Jan 2017 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Admin to rope in schools in curbing sale of tobacco items 16 Jan 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- All hostels are safe: RU VC 16 Jan 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
I'm honoured to be part of history again and sing for President-elect Donald Trump. This is a time to and band together again.
We can sell Taiwan two billion dollars of the latest military equipment, but we're not allowed to accept a phone call!
Nobody would have objected if it was Modi's photo spinning khadi. What is objectionable is the removal of the Mahatma's photo.