- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Revenue patwari caught red-handed accepting bribe
Punjab State Vigilance Bureau on Monday nabbed a revenue patwari red handed accepting bribe of Rs6,000 in a corruption case.
Sursh Arora, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab said that the Bureau caught Tejinderpal Singh, Revenue Patwari posted at Guru Harsahai district Ferozpur, was caught demanding and accepting bribe from the complainant Joginder Singh — of village Mohan Ke Hithar, district Ferozpur.
Arora added that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that Patwari Tejinderpal Singh was demanding bribe to issue him Fard of land.
After finding the veracity of facts a vigilance team led by Inspector Kulwant Rai laid a trap and the accused was nabbed red handed in the presence of two Government officials as witnesses.
The tainted money was recovered from him. In this regard vigilance case under various sections was lodged at Vigilance Bureau Police Station, Ferozpur and further investigation is under progress.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- SP to hold Mega rally on December 20 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM says ePOS machines will make PDS more efficient 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Assembly polls likely to be shifted to April in UP 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Triple Talaq: AIMPLB opposes High Court judgment 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM to distribute bravery award to non-gazetted police personnel 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD postpones kisan rally at Basti 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Woman hands over baby girl to relative 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Family of boy with hydrocephalus cries for help 09 Dec 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Dog birth control scheme goes awry in Sambalpur dist 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Electricity produced from scrapped Rs500 notes! 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
For god's sake, do your job. You (MPs) are meant to transact business in Parliament (and not to disrupt).
Rahul Gandhi is competing with Arvind Kejriwal in TRP politics by levelling baseless charges on daily basis.
We (India and the US) are both multicultural societies, but nevertheless, hold together extremely well.