- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- One person killed in explosion in north Delhi's Naya Bazar area.
- Embraer to pay $205 mn to settle graft charges in India, 3 other countries
- Tata Group stocks trip up to 4% after Cyrus Mistry ouster
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party: Shivpal Singh Yadav
- 'Pakistan will attend Heart of Asia conference in India'
- Over 60 cadets killed in Quetta police college attack
Revenue patwari caught red-handed accepting bribe
Punjab State Vigilance Bureau on Monday nabbed a revenue patwari red handed accepting bribe of Rs6,000 in a corruption case.
Sursh Arora, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab said that the Bureau caught Tejinderpal Singh, Revenue Patwari posted at Guru Harsahai district Ferozpur, was caught demanding and accepting bribe from the complainant Joginder Singh — of village Mohan Ke Hithar, district Ferozpur.
Arora added that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that Patwari Tejinderpal Singh was demanding bribe to issue him Fard of land.
After finding the veracity of facts a vigilance team led by Inspector Kulwant Rai laid a trap and the accused was nabbed red handed in the presence of two Government officials as witnesses.
The tainted money was recovered from him. In this regard vigilance case under various sections was lodged at Vigilance Bureau Police Station, Ferozpur and further investigation is under progress.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will not form a new party: CM 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- Not possible to leave Amar Singh and Shivpal: Mulayam 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Triple talaq system ruined life of Muslim women: PM 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi’s rally a flop show claims Mayawati 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- 4,000 doc posts vacant in Govt college hospitals 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jail staffs launch fast, demand pay hike 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Am pained over contrasting statements, actions taken to save Jagamohan’ 25 Oct 2016 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre presses Odisha to have DBT Cell soonest 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3.24L Govt employees’ database online now 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- MoU with Adani: KISS-Mayurbhanj in offing 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.