- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Revenue patwari caught red-handed accepting bribe
Punjab State Vigilance Bureau on Monday nabbed a revenue patwari red handed accepting bribe of Rs6,000 in a corruption case.
Sursh Arora, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab said that the Bureau caught Tejinderpal Singh, Revenue Patwari posted at Guru Harsahai district Ferozpur, was caught demanding and accepting bribe from the complainant Joginder Singh — of village Mohan Ke Hithar, district Ferozpur.
Arora added that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that Patwari Tejinderpal Singh was demanding bribe to issue him Fard of land.
After finding the veracity of facts a vigilance team led by Inspector Kulwant Rai laid a trap and the accused was nabbed red handed in the presence of two Government officials as witnesses.
The tainted money was recovered from him. In this regard vigilance case under various sections was lodged at Vigilance Bureau Police Station, Ferozpur and further investigation is under progress.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP demonstrate against BSP leaders 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Everyone is equal before law and eligible to get justice: CM 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM Attacks Modi 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to felicitate state’s outstanding achievers 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP to take out Tiranga Yatra 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Severe flood situation in state 24 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJD announces stir over Mahanadi C’garh dam 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- City Raahgiri takes monsoon break 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crime track system in PSs by March 24 Jul 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Land given for 2nd Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baleswar district 24 Jul 2016 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.