- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Revenue patwari caught red-handed accepting bribe
Punjab State Vigilance Bureau on Monday nabbed a revenue patwari red handed accepting bribe of Rs6,000 in a corruption case.
Sursh Arora, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab said that the Bureau caught Tejinderpal Singh, Revenue Patwari posted at Guru Harsahai district Ferozpur, was caught demanding and accepting bribe from the complainant Joginder Singh — of village Mohan Ke Hithar, district Ferozpur.
Arora added that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that Patwari Tejinderpal Singh was demanding bribe to issue him Fard of land.
After finding the veracity of facts a vigilance team led by Inspector Kulwant Rai laid a trap and the accused was nabbed red handed in the presence of two Government officials as witnesses.
The tainted money was recovered from him. In this regard vigilance case under various sections was lodged at Vigilance Bureau Police Station, Ferozpur and further investigation is under progress.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Is BJP’s 2019 eureka moment a reality now? 19 Feb 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP wins 5 of 8 B’swar ZP seats in 3rd phase 19 Feb 2017 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
- J’khand CM, Oram, Pradhan campaign in Mayurbhanj 19 Feb 2017 | Kavi Vishnu Satpathy | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt wants GI tag for Sambalpuri Saree 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Playboy officer who rolled in luxury at public cost 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- A’garh MLA attacked by villagers 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CBI Jt Director meets DGP 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6 die, 4 critical as truck overturns in K’handi 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP accuses ADGP of protecting BJD goons 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Congress sweeps ZP polls in Jharsuguda 19 Feb 2017 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
It is Sasikala's family which has taken over the reins of Government. We have received Amma’s blessing to oust the regime.
If an actor is not doing commercial films, it doesn’t mean that he or she has no work to do at all. I have been busy.
Wall Street Journal story is dead wrong and impugns the integrity of professional intelligence officers by peddling gossip.