- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Revenue patwari caught red-handed accepting bribe
Punjab State Vigilance Bureau on Monday nabbed a revenue patwari red handed accepting bribe of Rs6,000 in a corruption case.
Sursh Arora, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab said that the Bureau caught Tejinderpal Singh, Revenue Patwari posted at Guru Harsahai district Ferozpur, was caught demanding and accepting bribe from the complainant Joginder Singh — of village Mohan Ke Hithar, district Ferozpur.
Arora added that the complainant approached the Bureau and alleged that Patwari Tejinderpal Singh was demanding bribe to issue him Fard of land.
After finding the veracity of facts a vigilance team led by Inspector Kulwant Rai laid a trap and the accused was nabbed red handed in the presence of two Government officials as witnesses.
The tainted money was recovered from him. In this regard vigilance case under various sections was lodged at Vigilance Bureau Police Station, Ferozpur and further investigation is under progress.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Smart classrooms for 25 Govt schools 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Community policing programme held for youth 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Raipur
- 28 Raipur villages to get clean, safe drinking water 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NTPC to seek insurance cover for transformer package 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- PCC chief assures victory of party in Panchayat polls 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PhD holders for guest postings like Delhi, Haryana 30 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Dehradun
- Theft on Srinagar-Bughani road; jewellery worth about `3L seized 30 Nov 2015 | GP Semwal | in Dehradun
- Pauri dist SP orders to solve pending crime cases soon 30 Nov 2015 | GP Semwal | in Dehradun
- Various competitions held on second day of Utsav-15 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt to preserve ancient manuscripts, scriptures 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
I don't know why there is so much hype about the pitch. People sitting in other countries are talking of Indian pitches.
Smita Patil was a chameleon. She could be a part of the story without your thinking about it.
Europe cannot accept all the refugees coming from Syria. That's why we need a diplomatic, military and political solution.