- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
Sikh hardliners clash with SGPC members at Golden Temple
Brandishing swords, the Sikh hardliners clashed with the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) task force at entrance plaza of Golden Temple complex leaving several persons injured from both the sides on Thursday. The police has to intervene to control the situation.
The clash started when the parallel jathedars, appointed by hardline Sikh groups in 2015 Sarbat Khalsa, and their supporters attempted to enter the Akal Takht for a meeting.
The SGPC task force members tried to prevent the other group, led by Johar Singh — president of the managing committee of Chhota Ghallughara Gurdwara at Qadian in Gurdaspur district — from entering the complex and moving towards the Akal Takht, the Sikhs’ highest temporal seat.
Johar Singh had been summoned by the “parallel jathedars” to clarify his stand over the ruckus created at the Qadian gurdwara in August following allegations of involvement of a member of the gurdwara management in immoral activities.
The clash took place when the supporters of parallel jathedars got involved in a verbal duel with the SGPC task force members. As both sides clashed with swords, sticks and other traditional weapons, the police had to intervene.
That was not all! Later when the jathedars came out after their meeting and met their supporters at the gate, a bigger clash ensued resulting in a free-for-all scene.
The acting jathedar Dhian Singh Mand held the SGPC president Kirpal Singh Badungar, secretary and manager of the Golden Temple responsible for the incident and demanded them to be booked on attempt to murder charges.
On the other hand, SGPC secretary Roop Singh stated that it was unfortunate incident which has vitiated the spiritual ambiance of the holy shrine. He said that two SGPC task force men and additional secretary Vijay Singh had received injuries in the clash while demanding registration of case against the supporters of parallel jathedars.
- ED attaches IAS officer‚Äôs assets in Ranchi, Udaipur, Bengaluru, Kolkata 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 10 decimal land sop to illegal settlers in towns 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man kills himself, wife, son over loan burden 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand Travel Mart to endorse State‚Äôs tourism prospects 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Pollution watchdog undergoes facelift 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cabinet nod to form SC Panel 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NCW smells rat in gang rape case 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharcraft inks MoU with Banka Silk 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth power will make India world guru, says CM 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre okays setting up of Tribunal for settling Mahanadi water dispute 21 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur