- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
SJVNL presents Rs 52.75 cr dividend to Himachal Govt
The Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL) on Wednesday presented a cheque of Rs 52.75 crore to Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh as a dividend.
Singh said that power sector was one of the important sectors for revenue generation in the State. There was vast potential of hydroelectric generation available in Himachal and the State Government was according topmost priority to harness this potential, which would go a long way in strengthening the economy of the State. He added that out of 27,436 MW potential available in the State, the State has so far harnessed 10,351 MW.
Singh said that the State Government had taken various major decisions to give boost to the power sector, which also includes various incentives to the power producers. Transport Minister GS Bali, senior officers of the SJVNL were also present on the occasion.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal