- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
Skills of youth to get momentum in Haryana
Giving skills to the youth in the State will get momentum with the Haryana Government deciding to organise a one-day workshop on apprenticeship at Gurugram on February 28 on the issue.
The move is aimed at generating further momentum for maximum employment opportunities through skilling of youth in both public and private sector in the State.
The decision to hold a workshop was taken at a meeting held on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal to review the progress of all employment initiatives under Saksham Haryana.
The Chief Minister said Government has fixed a target to tap the employment potential for two lakh youth in the State by way of jobs in Government and private sector as well as by self employment.
Describing skill development a major component for getting employment, he said employment opportunities would be created with skilling and professional training of youth through apprenticeship training.
The Chief Minister was informed that most of the initiatives under Saksham Haryana were under implementation whereas some were being evolved. Under the provision of Apprenticeship Act, a target has been fixed to appoint 45,000 people through skilling and professional training both in Government and private sector.
In addition, special event has been planned for private enterprises to generate momentum. This will not only help to produce skill manpower required for industrial growth but will make our youth more capable to get the maximum employment in National Capital Region.
It was also informed that from April 2017 onwards, 447 job fairs have been organised in the State in which job offers were given to 23,300 persons. Also, collaboration with cab aggregators can help in creating 20,000 plus jobs in coming year.
Similarly, collaboration with security guard aggregators is another strong opportunity to generate employment for youth of the State. Under the MUDRA scheme, Rs 5,832 crore have been disbursed among more than 4.72 lakh persons in the State so far for self employment. The Chief Minister also reviewed Saksham scheme, placement platform, employment in Army including ex-servicemen and Saksham Haryana campaign.
Those present in the meeting included Advocate General Baldev Raj Mahajan, Chief Secretary DS Dhesi, Additional Chief Secretary Finance, P Raghvendra Rao and other senior officers.
- Inbrief 24 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav to be held on Feb 24, 25 24 Feb 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Kathak dance with Dhrupad music witnessed at Bhopal 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Grand award ceremony held at multi-art centre 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Turmali play staged at Tribal Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Welfare, hostel scheme implemented to make foodgrain available 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Teesri Kasam movie screened at Dhusyant Kumar Memorial Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ujaas 2018 begins at Anand Vihar College for women 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies, met with accident on Feb 17 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- SCR Manufactures 100th AC EMU Set 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal