- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
‘Suit is an attempt to retain CM’s seat, mislead Congress High Command’
Terming the defamation suit filed against him and other BJP leaders by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh an attempt to mislead the Congress High Command, Arun Dhumal younger son of former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, said it was an attempt to retain his chief ministership.
“By filing defamation suits against me and other BJP leaders, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh is once again trying to mislead the Congress High Command and trying to retain the Chief Minister’s chair,” Arun Dhumal said, adding that the Chief Minister just wanted to buy time. "He has challenged us to approach the Lokayukta, but first he should resign from the post of Chief Minister and his wife should also not remain a Member of Parliament. Once they do that, the very next day, I will file an affidavit and approach the Lokayukta to probe charges against him," he said.
“We have till now not approached the Lokayukta because the charges against Virbhadra Singh involve different departments and specialised investigation agencies for which the Lokayukta does not have requisite manpower or the jurisdiction,” he added. Making a fresh expose, Arun Dhumal said that Virbhadra Singh's family had benami property in the form of a farmhouse at the posh locality of Hauz Khas, Mehrauli in Delhi, for which payment of Rs 1.28 crore was made by Vakamulla Chandershekher. He said the property is registered in the name of Maple Destination and Dream Builds Ltd. that are owned hundred per cent by Virbhadra Singh’s son Vikramaditya Singh and daughter Aprajita Kumari.
“This farmhouse is spread over 2.5 acres and according to the prevalent market rates at the time of purchase of the property in 2011, it might have cost Rs 20 crores but only Rs 1.28 crores was paid to a couple from whom it was purchased,” said Dhumal showing the registry deed of the property.
“Strangely this property does not find mention in any affidavits filed by the Chief Minister or his parliamentarian wife nor the name of company owned by their children having asset value of Rs 3.28 crore, who were actually shown as dependent,” said Dhumal junior.He added that Chief Minister is not answering the questions raised for misappropriation in IT returns, quid pro quo to a power company of Vakamulla Chandershekher and he anticipates that he will not answer even the allegation of benami property at Delhi.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP demonstrate against BSP leaders 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Everyone is equal before law and eligible to get justice: CM 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM Attacks Modi 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to felicitate state’s outstanding achievers 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP to take out Tiranga Yatra 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Severe flood situation in state 24 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJD announces stir over Mahanadi C’garh dam 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- City Raahgiri takes monsoon break 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crime track system in PSs by March 24 Jul 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Land given for 2nd Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baleswar district 24 Jul 2016 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.