- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
‘Suit is an attempt to retain CM’s seat, mislead Congress High Command’
Terming the defamation suit filed against him and other BJP leaders by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh an attempt to mislead the Congress High Command, Arun Dhumal younger son of former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, said it was an attempt to retain his chief ministership.
“By filing defamation suits against me and other BJP leaders, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh is once again trying to mislead the Congress High Command and trying to retain the Chief Minister’s chair,” Arun Dhumal said, adding that the Chief Minister just wanted to buy time. "He has challenged us to approach the Lokayukta, but first he should resign from the post of Chief Minister and his wife should also not remain a Member of Parliament. Once they do that, the very next day, I will file an affidavit and approach the Lokayukta to probe charges against him," he said.
“We have till now not approached the Lokayukta because the charges against Virbhadra Singh involve different departments and specialised investigation agencies for which the Lokayukta does not have requisite manpower or the jurisdiction,” he added. Making a fresh expose, Arun Dhumal said that Virbhadra Singh's family had benami property in the form of a farmhouse at the posh locality of Hauz Khas, Mehrauli in Delhi, for which payment of Rs 1.28 crore was made by Vakamulla Chandershekher. He said the property is registered in the name of Maple Destination and Dream Builds Ltd. that are owned hundred per cent by Virbhadra Singh’s son Vikramaditya Singh and daughter Aprajita Kumari.
“This farmhouse is spread over 2.5 acres and according to the prevalent market rates at the time of purchase of the property in 2011, it might have cost Rs 20 crores but only Rs 1.28 crores was paid to a couple from whom it was purchased,” said Dhumal showing the registry deed of the property.
“Strangely this property does not find mention in any affidavits filed by the Chief Minister or his parliamentarian wife nor the name of company owned by their children having asset value of Rs 3.28 crore, who were actually shown as dependent,” said Dhumal junior.He added that Chief Minister is not answering the questions raised for misappropriation in IT returns, quid pro quo to a power company of Vakamulla Chandershekher and he anticipates that he will not answer even the allegation of benami property at Delhi.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP Govt turns down water-train proposal 06 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Provide extended help for bundelkhand people: Maurya 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Autopsy report out for NRI family murder case 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Miscreants strikes terror in Mathura 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Verma likely to be SP candidate for RS in next July 06 May 2016 | Virendra Nath Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Raj bhawan refers controversial bills to Prez 06 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Four held for violence in city 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1,917 schools run with single teacher in State 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Dharmendra bats for Maritime College 06 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 13 rly stations of Punjab selected for revamp 06 May 2016 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
My ministry is doing everything practically possible to make air travel of MPs comfortable. But MPs are not super citizens.
Everyone speaks to me in Bengali. I show off my Bengali wherever I can. When I am in Kolkata, I don’t miss home that much.
It frightens me that there is a sign among us (in Israel), in 2016, of the ghastly trends that took place in Europe (during the Holocaust).