- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
‘Suit is an attempt to retain CM’s seat, mislead Congress High Command’
Terming the defamation suit filed against him and other BJP leaders by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh an attempt to mislead the Congress High Command, Arun Dhumal younger son of former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, said it was an attempt to retain his chief ministership.
“By filing defamation suits against me and other BJP leaders, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh is once again trying to mislead the Congress High Command and trying to retain the Chief Minister’s chair,” Arun Dhumal said, adding that the Chief Minister just wanted to buy time. "He has challenged us to approach the Lokayukta, but first he should resign from the post of Chief Minister and his wife should also not remain a Member of Parliament. Once they do that, the very next day, I will file an affidavit and approach the Lokayukta to probe charges against him," he said.
“We have till now not approached the Lokayukta because the charges against Virbhadra Singh involve different departments and specialised investigation agencies for which the Lokayukta does not have requisite manpower or the jurisdiction,” he added. Making a fresh expose, Arun Dhumal said that Virbhadra Singh's family had benami property in the form of a farmhouse at the posh locality of Hauz Khas, Mehrauli in Delhi, for which payment of Rs 1.28 crore was made by Vakamulla Chandershekher. He said the property is registered in the name of Maple Destination and Dream Builds Ltd. that are owned hundred per cent by Virbhadra Singh’s son Vikramaditya Singh and daughter Aprajita Kumari.
“This farmhouse is spread over 2.5 acres and according to the prevalent market rates at the time of purchase of the property in 2011, it might have cost Rs 20 crores but only Rs 1.28 crores was paid to a couple from whom it was purchased,” said Dhumal showing the registry deed of the property.
“Strangely this property does not find mention in any affidavits filed by the Chief Minister or his parliamentarian wife nor the name of company owned by their children having asset value of Rs 3.28 crore, who were actually shown as dependent,” said Dhumal junior.He added that Chief Minister is not answering the questions raised for misappropriation in IT returns, quid pro quo to a power company of Vakamulla Chandershekher and he anticipates that he will not answer even the allegation of benami property at Delhi.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CREDA to install ‘solar-powered generators’ 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 1,100 seats allocated to State under India BPO Promotion Scheme 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SC Judge wants boost to culture of settlement 11 Dec 2016 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand to become ODF by 2018, says CM 11 Dec 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand gets Naidu’s pat for speedy development 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- RMC Board meeting cancelled, again 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM seeks TV channel on legal literacy from Centre 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal power rules in Ranchi University polls 11 Dec 2016 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Maha firm to prepare forest conservation plan for Gare Pelma-II coal block 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Rural ATMs going kaput still a worry 11 Dec 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
11 Dec 2016 | Kumar Chellappan
Jayalalithaa’s death has left a void difficult to fill — in politics and the State. The situation in Tamil Nadu is fluid and there is no guarantee that the Panneerselvam Government would complete its term despite the reasonable majority the AIADMK enjoys in the Assembly...
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.