- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
‘Suit is an attempt to retain CM’s seat, mislead Congress High Command’
Terming the defamation suit filed against him and other BJP leaders by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh an attempt to mislead the Congress High Command, Arun Dhumal younger son of former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, said it was an attempt to retain his chief ministership.
“By filing defamation suits against me and other BJP leaders, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh is once again trying to mislead the Congress High Command and trying to retain the Chief Minister’s chair,” Arun Dhumal said, adding that the Chief Minister just wanted to buy time. "He has challenged us to approach the Lokayukta, but first he should resign from the post of Chief Minister and his wife should also not remain a Member of Parliament. Once they do that, the very next day, I will file an affidavit and approach the Lokayukta to probe charges against him," he said.
“We have till now not approached the Lokayukta because the charges against Virbhadra Singh involve different departments and specialised investigation agencies for which the Lokayukta does not have requisite manpower or the jurisdiction,” he added. Making a fresh expose, Arun Dhumal said that Virbhadra Singh's family had benami property in the form of a farmhouse at the posh locality of Hauz Khas, Mehrauli in Delhi, for which payment of Rs 1.28 crore was made by Vakamulla Chandershekher. He said the property is registered in the name of Maple Destination and Dream Builds Ltd. that are owned hundred per cent by Virbhadra Singh’s son Vikramaditya Singh and daughter Aprajita Kumari.
“This farmhouse is spread over 2.5 acres and according to the prevalent market rates at the time of purchase of the property in 2011, it might have cost Rs 20 crores but only Rs 1.28 crores was paid to a couple from whom it was purchased,” said Dhumal showing the registry deed of the property.
“Strangely this property does not find mention in any affidavits filed by the Chief Minister or his parliamentarian wife nor the name of company owned by their children having asset value of Rs 3.28 crore, who were actually shown as dependent,” said Dhumal junior.He added that Chief Minister is not answering the questions raised for misappropriation in IT returns, quid pro quo to a power company of Vakamulla Chandershekher and he anticipates that he will not answer even the allegation of benami property at Delhi.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Pranab inaugurates renovated Rashtrapati Ashiana 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- No malnutrition kid death last year, says Minister 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nandankan to house yellow anacondas 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sikshya Sahayaks’ stir enters 4th day 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD Polavaram hartal in S Odisha on Oct 1 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Gram Rozgar Sevaks demand job regularisation 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State Excise Rev increases by 26% 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lack of infra, staffs; no UGC aid to Culture University 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ECoR introduces 7 new trains 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Lyngdo’ must in campuses; Let Govt rise to occasion 29 Sep 2016 | BISWARAJ PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
We are artistes and will talk about love and peace. But the Government has to take decisions on whom to allow to work here.
Children who grow up in the film industry are more stable. One who comes from outside does one film, and goes mad.
I will always be grateful I was able to call Shimon (Peres) my friend. He was a soldier for Israel, for the Jewish people, for justice, for peace.