- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe into student's death case
- WHO may find Delhi most polluted, but many Indian cities worse
- Japan PM Abe calls NKorean launch 'absolutely intolerable'
- Suggest names for panel on free books, uniform to EWS kids: HC
- Govt wants fresh bill to probe complaints against judges
- Taiwan rescuers find signs of life in quake rubble
‘Suit is an attempt to retain CM’s seat, mislead Congress High Command’
Terming the defamation suit filed against him and other BJP leaders by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh an attempt to mislead the Congress High Command, Arun Dhumal younger son of former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, said it was an attempt to retain his chief ministership.
“By filing defamation suits against me and other BJP leaders, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh is once again trying to mislead the Congress High Command and trying to retain the Chief Minister’s chair,” Arun Dhumal said, adding that the Chief Minister just wanted to buy time. "He has challenged us to approach the Lokayukta, but first he should resign from the post of Chief Minister and his wife should also not remain a Member of Parliament. Once they do that, the very next day, I will file an affidavit and approach the Lokayukta to probe charges against him," he said.
“We have till now not approached the Lokayukta because the charges against Virbhadra Singh involve different departments and specialised investigation agencies for which the Lokayukta does not have requisite manpower or the jurisdiction,” he added. Making a fresh expose, Arun Dhumal said that Virbhadra Singh's family had benami property in the form of a farmhouse at the posh locality of Hauz Khas, Mehrauli in Delhi, for which payment of Rs 1.28 crore was made by Vakamulla Chandershekher. He said the property is registered in the name of Maple Destination and Dream Builds Ltd. that are owned hundred per cent by Virbhadra Singh’s son Vikramaditya Singh and daughter Aprajita Kumari.
“This farmhouse is spread over 2.5 acres and according to the prevalent market rates at the time of purchase of the property in 2011, it might have cost Rs 20 crores but only Rs 1.28 crores was paid to a couple from whom it was purchased,” said Dhumal showing the registry deed of the property.
“Strangely this property does not find mention in any affidavits filed by the Chief Minister or his parliamentarian wife nor the name of company owned by their children having asset value of Rs 3.28 crore, who were actually shown as dependent,” said Dhumal junior.He added that Chief Minister is not answering the questions raised for misappropriation in IT returns, quid pro quo to a power company of Vakamulla Chandershekher and he anticipates that he will not answer even the allegation of benami property at Delhi.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP govt asks for special financial package for bundelkhand 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM launches UP revenue code officially 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP claims SP govt of misusing power for polls 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Droves of devotees throng Cuttack hill 07 Feb 2016 | JYOTIRANJAN PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman commits suicide after rape attempt 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SIT returns from Vizag with important leads 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nalco hospital at Angul to be upgraded 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- India to lay oil pipeline to Bangladesh 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Train services cancelled for fog to be restored 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Discussion on Odia Act in Assembly demanded 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.