- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
UJALA Scheme launched in Patiala
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the Ministry of Power in collaboration with Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL), launched the Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All (UJALA) scheme here on Saturday.
The distribution of energy efficient appliances was inaugurated by former Union Minister Preneet Kaur.
“The Government of Punjab is proud to partner with EESL in its energy efficiency initiatives such as the UJALA scheme. With the implementation of UJALA scheme in Punjab, Rs 600 crore would be saved on account of saving of energy,” Kaur said in the function.
She added that help of village panchayats will be taken for the proper implementation of scheme in the rural areas of the State adding that this scheme will help people of Punjab to save energy and costs, while also benefiting environment by reducing emission of greenhouse gases.
A Venu Prasad, Principal Secretary Power Punjab Government cum CMD, PSPCL and PSTCL said that UJALA Scheme launch in Patiala will play an important role in future energy demand management in Punjab. He appealed to the ESSI to make aggressive campaign in the rural areas of the State so that rural consumers can reduce their electricity bills by 50 per cent. He also added that this scheme has already been implemented in seven districts of the State.
Nitin Bhatt, ESL Regional Manager, Punjab said aggressive campaign would be launched in the second week of September in the rural areas of Punjab.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal