- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
UJALA Scheme launched in Patiala
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the Ministry of Power in collaboration with Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL), launched the Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All (UJALA) scheme here on Saturday.
The distribution of energy efficient appliances was inaugurated by former Union Minister Preneet Kaur.
“The Government of Punjab is proud to partner with EESL in its energy efficiency initiatives such as the UJALA scheme. With the implementation of UJALA scheme in Punjab, Rs 600 crore would be saved on account of saving of energy,” Kaur said in the function.
She added that help of village panchayats will be taken for the proper implementation of scheme in the rural areas of the State adding that this scheme will help people of Punjab to save energy and costs, while also benefiting environment by reducing emission of greenhouse gases.
A Venu Prasad, Principal Secretary Power Punjab Government cum CMD, PSPCL and PSTCL said that UJALA Scheme launch in Patiala will play an important role in future energy demand management in Punjab. He appealed to the ESSI to make aggressive campaign in the rural areas of the State so that rural consumers can reduce their electricity bills by 50 per cent. He also added that this scheme has already been implemented in seven districts of the State.
Nitin Bhatt, ESL Regional Manager, Punjab said aggressive campaign would be launched in the second week of September in the rural areas of Punjab.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar