- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
CM opens swachchh drive at Har Ki Pauri
Acting on the decision taken at the maiden Cabinet meeting held soon after the swearing-in of the new Ministry on Saturday, the newly appointed Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the cleanliness campaign at Har Ki Pauri in Haridwar after paying obeisance to the holy river Ganga on Monday.
He asked the people to pledge to maintain the cleanliness in the city. He was accompanied in the drive by BJP State president Ajay Bhatt and Cabinet Minister Madan Kaushik who is also the local legislator.
Speaking to the media persons at Har Ki Pauri, Rawat said, “We will give a clean and responsive administration in keeping with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s mission of governance. I will take care of the cleanliness of my surroundings and would devote time for this. I am also asking others to pledge the same.”
Taking a cue from what the PM famously said‘Na Baithunga Na Baithne Dunga’ (neither will I sit nor will I allow you to sit), Rawat said, “Na gandagi karunga, na karne dunga.” (Neither would I spread dirt nor will I allow anyone to spread). “I would initiate cleanliness drive in my own colony, city and office. I hope that 100 others would follow me,” CM said.
Earlier, he was welcomed by the saints and the seers of Haridwar at Gokaran Dham. Addressing the seers, Rawat said, “The saints have always been the torch bearers of the nation and the development of the state would be done, taking the saints on board.”
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal