Congress, BJP hold legislature party meeting ahead of presidential polls
Ahead of the presidential election which is scheduled to be held on Monday between 10 am and 5 pm, both the main political parties have completed their formalities by convening their legislature party meeting during the past two days. In this regard the Congress convened its legislature party meeting at Leader of Opposition Indira Hridayesh’s house on Sunday while the Bharatiya Janata Party had convened its meeting at State Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat’s residence.
In the BJP legislature party meeting, Trivendra Singh Rawat had interacted with the party MLAs and listened to their issues too. After the meeting he hosted a dinner during which they shared their grievances with the CM in response to which they also received assurances from him.
Observers point out that it is known to all that the MLAs are not in a position to strike a bargain with the CM which is why they are not confident that they would get their work done by the Government. On condition of anonymity, an MLA said that it is clear that 59 MLAs including two independents Pritam Singh Panwar and Ram Singh Kaida will cast their vote in favour of National Democratic Alliance presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind on Monday.
Meanwhile, the Congress had also convened its legislature party meeting at Leader of Opposition’s house and explained the members why party is backing former Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar in the presidential election. They have been apprised of the message of the All India Congress Committee president Sonia Gandhi’s message as well and were also asked to vote in favour of Meira Kumar.
As is known, Kumar had recently visited Dehradun and met with the Congress MLAs and MPs. After the meeting Kumar herself had addressed the media that she has appealed to everyone to listen to the voice of their conscience before casting their vote.
- Tully, Tagore to grace maiden literary fest 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Reshuffle in MP: Narhari is CPR 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM transfers ‚ÄėBhavantar' amount to 1.35L farmers' a/c 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Don‚Äôt overlook interests of public, Guv to legislators 23 Nov 2017 | SANJEEV JHA | in Ranchi
- 5-yr jail, Rs 4 lakh fine for ex-CS Sajal Chakraborty 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lamhe-2017 to give chance to show talent 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Gov focus on curbing malnutrition remarkable: Forsyth 23 Nov 2017 | PRANAV PRATYUSH | in Ranchi
- Tata trusts on Mission 2020 for rural entrepreneurship 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Traffic police begin exercise to ease city arteries 23 Nov 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Working on secret plans: JPCC chief 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi