CPWD to upgrade 2 medical colleges in Chhattisgarh
There are two Government medical colleges in Chhattisgarh among 73 across the country which have been approved for up-gradation by the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) in different phases under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
The institutions are Government Medical College, Bilaspur and Government Medical College, Jagdalpur, the Central Government has informed.
The work of upgradation of the two medical colleges under Phase-IV of the project had already been taken up by CPWD.
This apart, the upgradation of 13 existing Government Medical Colleges under PMSSY Phase-IV at the cost of 200 crore each with Central share of `120 crore and State share of `80 crore.
The project is to be completed by December 2018 as approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on August 3, 2016.
Notably, the Central government had also released `34 crores and `49 crores each for setting up the new medical colleges at Rajnandgaon and Ambikapur respectively in Chhattisgarh during financial year 2015-16, officials informed.
It may be recalled that the Chhattisgarh government had also already issued appointment letters to 300 newly appointed doctors under Class-II category in a bid to tide over shortage of doctors in government hospitals of the State.
The Health and Family Welfare Department has also issued posting orders for the newly appointed doctors, officials informed.
Notably in April 2014, the Chhattisgarh Government had also decided to recruit MBBS doctors without carrying out interviews.
According to official information, earlier the government had released an advertisement for recruiting 200 doctors, most of them to be deployed in tribal dominated Surguja and Bastar divisions. About 600 applications were received for the 200 post advertised, officials informed.
The Chief Minister, while addressing a meeting had earlier directed Health Department officials to recruit all 600 applicants applying for the job and issue appointment letter soon. This would help in filling the dearth of doctors in different district hospitals, he said.
In April 2014, with a view to promoting scientific research in the field of Medicine, the Chhattisgarh government also decided to set up 'DKS Post Graduate Institute and Research Centre' in Raipur’s 'Dau Kalyan Singh Bhawan' (old Mantralaya building).
As per information received, responsibility of renovation of the building for the institute, procurement of equipment, creating posts, appointment of medical officers and other employees was entrusted to Director, Medical Education.
- 17-yr-old delivers child on road 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre acts fast to finish North Koel project 23 Aug 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Traffic police issues 1,236 commuters e-challan 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Operation to shift hawkers from Hazira Square starts 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 86.18 lakh soil health cards distributed 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Vacant posts of Tahsildars to be filled on contractual basis 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Satpal Maharaj visits IISWC 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- House of NGO manager at Sarvajan Colony burgled 23 Aug 2017 | SR | in Bhopal
- Delegation of differently-abled people meets BJP State president 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teacher‚Äôs training prog held for science teachers of MP Govt schools 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal