- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
Das chalks out Startup schemes for SC, ST youths, women
In order to give a boost to 'Startup India' plan, one of the flagship schemes of the Modi Government at the Centre, the State Government has decided to rope in the youths of weaker and marginalised sections such as women, Schedules Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
Chief Minister Raghubar Das has said that the people would be prompted to start new ventures targeting rural pockets of the State.
"The Government is going to begin a Startup scheme within one month and a half for the youths of ST, SC and women for making available transport services in the rural areas. The entrepreneurs of these sections would be provided with vehicles to be operated between rural centres," he said, addressing a 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas' convention in Chatra on Monday.
The Chief Minister also lauded the CCL for opening a modern hospital and +2 school at Tandwa and also the BCCL for operating a skill development centre for the locals, and added that 4.80 lakh panchayat sewaks and mahila sakhi mandals would provide fillip to the development of the State.
"The only purpose of the Government is to ensure fast development without having middlemen in the system. All the Ministers, public representatives and senior officials are in direct communication with the people. Also, Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao programme needed to be made a public movement. The Government is committed to empower women and make all the girls educated. No girl would be deprived of education due to lack of money," said the CM.
He also vowed to provide power to all by 2018 and also mentioned about power problems prevailing in Chatra. The Chief Minister said that the State Government would soon seek environmental clearance from the Centre for building a transmission line. "I would myself review power situation in the district so that improvement is achieved quickly. A scheme for rural water supply would be made operational here at a cost of Rs 200 crore," he added, and thanked the administration for good matriculation results and also lowering role of middlemen in kerosene distribution.
He also inaugurated a block office and residential premises built at a cost of Rs 10.34 crore at Pratappur and Kanha Chatti and distributed tricycles to specially-abled children.
The Chief Minister used the occasion to praise Prime Minister Narendra Modi for bringing laurels to the country at national and international stages and mentioned about 68 per cent coverage of bank accounts and DBT initiatives for better financial inclusion.
- Inbrief 24 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav to be held on Feb 24, 25 24 Feb 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Kathak dance with Dhrupad music witnessed at Bhopal 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Grand award ceremony held at multi-art centre 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Turmali play staged at Tribal Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Welfare, hostel scheme implemented to make foodgrain available 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Teesri Kasam movie screened at Dhusyant Kumar Memorial Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ujaas 2018 begins at Anand Vihar College for women 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies, met with accident on Feb 17 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- SCR Manufactures 100th AC EMU Set 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal