- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
11 die in four separate mishaps
Eleven persons have died in four separate road accidents in Tehri, Chamoli and Almora districts over the past 24 hours.
In Almora district, five persons, including four Govt school teachers, died and 9 others were injured when the utility vehicle they were sitting in fell into a deep gorge at Chitai Kalidhar on Almora-Pithoragarh Road on Thursday morning. The injured were admitted at a local hospital, police said, adding that the driver Khajan Ram succumbed at Garampani while being taken to a higher centre in Haldwani.
The four deceased-all teachers- have been identified as Kanta Ballabh Bawari, Geeta Nayal, Lakshmi Sahi and Mohan Chandra Pant. The bodies have been sent for postmortem, said a police officer. The injured have been identified as Kamla Bisht, Kavita Jeena, Chitra Purohit, Deepika Bisht, Meera Gusain, Rajkumar Joshi, and Deeraj Kumar.
In Tehri, four persons died and eight others were injured when the jeep they were sitting in skidded off the road and plunged into a deep gorge at Dhaulidhar on Rishikesh- Badrinath National Highway on Wednesday evening. Three of the deceased have been identified as jeep driver Dalbeer Singh, Kiran and her daughter Shugam. The vehicle was going to Haridwar from Rudraprayag.
Another accident occurred at Loar Mall Road in Almora district on Thursday in which a woman identified as Lakshmi Rautela died when the vehicle she was sitting in fell into a deep gorge. Six others who were sitting in the vehicle were injured and rushed to a local hospital.
In Chamoli district, police have retrieved body of an Indonesian national from under a gorge near Lal Mitti between Narayanbagar and Nalgoan on Karnprayag- Gwaldam National Highway. A cycle supposedly used by the deceased was also lifted from under the gorge. The body has been identified as that of an Indonesian national Umartono Nafal. The body has been sent for autopsy, cop said.
- CM unveils many development projects 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Normal life disrupted in state following snowfall 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops terrorised us to leave village: Sohan Lal 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Will revive Naini Lake at any cost: CS 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt demands Rs 2761 cr as 2nd Supplementary 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Dalits bodies stage sit-in on missing dalit boy 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kissing row rocks House, BJP wants debate 14 Dec 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Nursery Act drafted on CM‚Äôs order 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Training on water test held 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- SBI Life to build B‚Äôswar school lavatories 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar