- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Panel formed to monitor EAP on weekly basis
DEHRADUN: With an intention to monitor the Externally Aided Project (EAP), Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has constituted a monitoring committee comprised FRDC BP Pandey, Infrastructure Development Commissioner Rakesh Sharma and Principal Secretary (Planning) S Ramaswamy. They will monitor the EAP on weekly basis and CS will monitor it on monthly basis.
A meeting was held at the Secretariat on Tuesday where the CS directed all officials to fix accountability. He said stress should be laid on EAPs. A monthly target of spending the approved amount of Rs 1300 crore should be fixed. New proposals should be prepared for getting more funds for EAP. Accountability of department Secretaries and Heads of Departments as well as of lower officials would be fixed and constant monitoring of EAPs done.
Secretary Tourism UK Panwar, Secretary (Rural Development) Vinod Fonia, Additional Secretary (Urban Development) MH Khan, Additional Secretary (Finance) MC Joshi, Additional Secretary (Power) MC Upreti, Additional Secretary PWD Amit Negi, Additional Secretary Forests Manoj Chandran were present at the meeting.
Illegal mining: 179 vehicles seized
DEHRADUN: Following on the direction of DGP Satyavrat, police has seized 179 vehicles including 64 in Dehradun, 55 in Udhamsinghnagar, 16 in Nainital and 33 in Haridwar on Monday. Taking cognizance on media report about illegal mining, Chief Minister has categorically instructed DGP to take stringent action to put a check on these mining mafias.
Following this, Dehradun Police constituted a team led by SP City Jagdish Chandra and SP Rural Mamta Vohra to conduct the drive in the illegal mining prone areas on Monday night and 64 vehicles carrying illegally mined minerals were seized. 25 vehicles were seized with illegally mined minerals in Sahaspur police station area, five in Cantt PS, three in Patelnagar PS, six in Vasant Vihar PS, seven in Clement Town PS, four in Kalsi PS, six in Nehru Colony PS, six in Vikasnagar PS and one each in Raipur and Doiwala PS. Six FIRs have been registered against vehicle drivers in the Nehru Colony Police Station, seven in Clement Town PS and one in Doiwala PS. The drive against illegal mining will continue in the district, he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CBI grills villagers in Pherupur rape case 29 Jul 2016 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Tribute to the ‘birdman of India’ 29 Jul 2016 | Jaskiran Chopra | in Dehradun
- AAP to provide tickets to only aam aadmi 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- All link roads in Punjab to get a facelift: Sukhbir 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- CM convenes all party meeting tomorrow 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Delhi CM’s remarks on PM undignified, says Badal 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana to set up de-addiction centres in jails 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Rape survivor protests against Govt's apathy 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Badal acquired land for SYL construction 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- AAI faces HC wrath over delay in Internat’l Airport 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If we were to think India-Australia relations can only be done at Government levels, we will be missing major opportunities.
There is excitement for the film (Munna Bhai-3). I do my job, I don't take stress. The more stress you take the more worse you get.
America is already great. It is already strong. And I promise you, our strength, our greatness does not depend on Donald Trump.