- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Panel formed to monitor EAP on weekly basis
DEHRADUN: With an intention to monitor the Externally Aided Project (EAP), Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has constituted a monitoring committee comprised FRDC BP Pandey, Infrastructure Development Commissioner Rakesh Sharma and Principal Secretary (Planning) S Ramaswamy. They will monitor the EAP on weekly basis and CS will monitor it on monthly basis.
A meeting was held at the Secretariat on Tuesday where the CS directed all officials to fix accountability. He said stress should be laid on EAPs. A monthly target of spending the approved amount of Rs 1300 crore should be fixed. New proposals should be prepared for getting more funds for EAP. Accountability of department Secretaries and Heads of Departments as well as of lower officials would be fixed and constant monitoring of EAPs done.
Secretary Tourism UK Panwar, Secretary (Rural Development) Vinod Fonia, Additional Secretary (Urban Development) MH Khan, Additional Secretary (Finance) MC Joshi, Additional Secretary (Power) MC Upreti, Additional Secretary PWD Amit Negi, Additional Secretary Forests Manoj Chandran were present at the meeting.
Illegal mining: 179 vehicles seized
DEHRADUN: Following on the direction of DGP Satyavrat, police has seized 179 vehicles including 64 in Dehradun, 55 in Udhamsinghnagar, 16 in Nainital and 33 in Haridwar on Monday. Taking cognizance on media report about illegal mining, Chief Minister has categorically instructed DGP to take stringent action to put a check on these mining mafias.
Following this, Dehradun Police constituted a team led by SP City Jagdish Chandra and SP Rural Mamta Vohra to conduct the drive in the illegal mining prone areas on Monday night and 64 vehicles carrying illegally mined minerals were seized. 25 vehicles were seized with illegally mined minerals in Sahaspur police station area, five in Cantt PS, three in Patelnagar PS, six in Vasant Vihar PS, seven in Clement Town PS, four in Kalsi PS, six in Nehru Colony PS, six in Vikasnagar PS and one each in Raipur and Doiwala PS. Six FIRs have been registered against vehicle drivers in the Nehru Colony Police Station, seven in Clement Town PS and one in Doiwala PS. The drive against illegal mining will continue in the district, he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- One swept away, three still missing 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Arya unhappy with Tamta’s candidature for RS seat 30 May 2016 | SUNIL KUMAR | in Dehradun
- Haryana to offer 10K jobs to youth yearly 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM launches ‘Kangre Di Munni’ 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC puts Indian Union on notice 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Haryana CM gives approval for incorporating seven blocks in list 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Bhagat Singh’s grandnephew killed in Himachal accident 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Late Punjab CM’s grandson shoots self 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Many express grief over Harkirat Singh’s demise 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab’s 15 teachers get ‘Malti Gyan Peeth Purskar’ 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
I wish that all the rivers in India be developed like Sabarmati river. Modi has paid true tributes to Gandhiji through this project.
I really believe Mohenjo Daro is going to be one of my best films. I hope and pray the audience also agrees with it.
Salim saab (Salim Khan) and Javed saab (Javed Akhtar), in many ways, are the initiators in recognising the worth of writers.