Panel formed to monitor EAP on weekly basis
DEHRADUN: With an intention to monitor the Externally Aided Project (EAP), Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has constituted a monitoring committee comprised FRDC BP Pandey, Infrastructure Development Commissioner Rakesh Sharma and Principal Secretary (Planning) S Ramaswamy. They will monitor the EAP on weekly basis and CS will monitor it on monthly basis.
A meeting was held at the Secretariat on Tuesday where the CS directed all officials to fix accountability. He said stress should be laid on EAPs. A monthly target of spending the approved amount of Rs 1300 crore should be fixed. New proposals should be prepared for getting more funds for EAP. Accountability of department Secretaries and Heads of Departments as well as of lower officials would be fixed and constant monitoring of EAPs done.
Secretary Tourism UK Panwar, Secretary (Rural Development) Vinod Fonia, Additional Secretary (Urban Development) MH Khan, Additional Secretary (Finance) MC Joshi, Additional Secretary (Power) MC Upreti, Additional Secretary PWD Amit Negi, Additional Secretary Forests Manoj Chandran were present at the meeting.
Illegal mining: 179 vehicles seized
DEHRADUN: Following on the direction of DGP Satyavrat, police has seized 179 vehicles including 64 in Dehradun, 55 in Udhamsinghnagar, 16 in Nainital and 33 in Haridwar on Monday. Taking cognizance on media report about illegal mining, Chief Minister has categorically instructed DGP to take stringent action to put a check on these mining mafias.
Following this, Dehradun Police constituted a team led by SP City Jagdish Chandra and SP Rural Mamta Vohra to conduct the drive in the illegal mining prone areas on Monday night and 64 vehicles carrying illegally mined minerals were seized. 25 vehicles were seized with illegally mined minerals in Sahaspur police station area, five in Cantt PS, three in Patelnagar PS, six in Vasant Vihar PS, seven in Clement Town PS, four in Kalsi PS, six in Nehru Colony PS, six in Vikasnagar PS and one each in Raipur and Doiwala PS. Six FIRs have been registered against vehicle drivers in the Nehru Colony Police Station, seven in Clement Town PS and one in Doiwala PS. The drive against illegal mining will continue in the district, he added.
- Surya Namaskar similar to Namaz says CM 30 Mar 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Alam Badi and Nafis Ahmed took oath of office in Urdu 30 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Hriday Naryan Dikshit elected as UP Assembly speaker 30 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM move to official residence in Lucknow 30 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Complete all under-construction projects within deadline: CM to NHAI officials 30 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- NTPC to invest Rs 3,004 cr in Talaipalli coal mining project 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Question what Naveen will do 30 Mar 2017 | SP NANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- IWTMA keen to help State with wind projects 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- MLAs spar over regional demands 30 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 97% Aadhaar seeding for PDS completed 30 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur