- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Panel formed to monitor EAP on weekly basis
DEHRADUN: With an intention to monitor the Externally Aided Project (EAP), Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has constituted a monitoring committee comprised FRDC BP Pandey, Infrastructure Development Commissioner Rakesh Sharma and Principal Secretary (Planning) S Ramaswamy. They will monitor the EAP on weekly basis and CS will monitor it on monthly basis.
A meeting was held at the Secretariat on Tuesday where the CS directed all officials to fix accountability. He said stress should be laid on EAPs. A monthly target of spending the approved amount of Rs 1300 crore should be fixed. New proposals should be prepared for getting more funds for EAP. Accountability of department Secretaries and Heads of Departments as well as of lower officials would be fixed and constant monitoring of EAPs done.
Secretary Tourism UK Panwar, Secretary (Rural Development) Vinod Fonia, Additional Secretary (Urban Development) MH Khan, Additional Secretary (Finance) MC Joshi, Additional Secretary (Power) MC Upreti, Additional Secretary PWD Amit Negi, Additional Secretary Forests Manoj Chandran were present at the meeting.
Illegal mining: 179 vehicles seized
DEHRADUN: Following on the direction of DGP Satyavrat, police has seized 179 vehicles including 64 in Dehradun, 55 in Udhamsinghnagar, 16 in Nainital and 33 in Haridwar on Monday. Taking cognizance on media report about illegal mining, Chief Minister has categorically instructed DGP to take stringent action to put a check on these mining mafias.
Following this, Dehradun Police constituted a team led by SP City Jagdish Chandra and SP Rural Mamta Vohra to conduct the drive in the illegal mining prone areas on Monday night and 64 vehicles carrying illegally mined minerals were seized. 25 vehicles were seized with illegally mined minerals in Sahaspur police station area, five in Cantt PS, three in Patelnagar PS, six in Vasant Vihar PS, seven in Clement Town PS, four in Kalsi PS, six in Nehru Colony PS, six in Vikasnagar PS and one each in Raipur and Doiwala PS. Six FIRs have been registered against vehicle drivers in the Nehru Colony Police Station, seven in Clement Town PS and one in Doiwala PS. The drive against illegal mining will continue in the district, he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP-BJD face-off over refinery hots up 06 Feb 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- 5 major city parks to get open air gyms 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State for early announcement of NINIE 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Denizens join hands with BMC, clean city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State’s support has made refinery possible: BJD 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD Government’s incentive withdrawal delayed refinery’ 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mahapatra chief dir of movie on Paika Vidroh 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Indian origin Canada national detained 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NSD to bring Bharat Rang Mahotsav to city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Seashore dir Prabhat’s bail plea rejected 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
31 Jan 2016 | Gautam Chintamani
The Indians are coming! From Kunal Nayyar to Priyanka Chopra to Aziz Ansari, Gautam Chintamani explains how the golden age of Indian or even Asian portrayal on American television may have irrevocably arrived In an episode of the television show Master of None titled ‘Indians on TV’, Aziz Ansari, the well-known American actor and comedian, who also happens to be the creator of the show, succinctly summed up the state of....
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.