world heart day: check-up camp to be held
Dehradun: To mark World Heart Day on Sunday, the Bharat Heart Institute (BHI), EC Road Dehradun will organise a free heart check-up camp. The patients can avail the facilities like cardiac consultation, ECG, pacemaker analysis, random blood sugar and blood pressure free of cost. The camp will be held from 10 am to 2.30 pm. The registration for camp will start at 9 am. The senior doctors of BHI led by Dr Chetan Sharma, Executive Director and Chief Interventional Cardiologist at BHI shall examine the patients. The patients are advised to come with all Previous Medical records. To spread the awareness on heart diseases, the presentations on ‘Why pacemakers are required’ and for lifestyle modification shall also be given to patients during camp and valuable tips to stay healthy would be shared by the medicos. The patients shall be informed about pacemakers requirement, its types and other details.
Uninor launches ‘MuZic Missile’
Dehradun: Uninor on Friday announced the launch of ‘MuZic Missile’a first of its kind concept to offer unlimited music streaming to all Uninor subscribers in UP West. The initiative has been introduced in association with Hungama.com, The newly launched offer allows all Uninor subscribers in the circle to avail nonstop musical masti with unlimited caller tunes, music streaming and ringtones at just `two per day. UP West, Circle Business Head, Uninor- KC Narendran said,“With the launch of this unique concept, Uninor has become the first telecom operator to offer music streaming at a price bracket of ` two per day, providing flexibility and affordability to its customers across the circle.”
mentally ill pregnant lady admitted to hospital
Dehradun: With help of local NGO members, police admitted a pregnant woman in Doon Hospital on Friday after she was spotted in a naked and disturbed State. The pregnant woman was seen naked near the Jakhan police post under Rajpur Police Station by members of a local NGO. Jakhan post police were informed by the NGO members and with the help of female constables; she was admitted in Doon Hospital. Rajpur Police said that it seems she may be suffering from a psychological problem.
AIIA students seek refund of tuition fee
Dehradun: Accusing the institute of failing to provide placement in multinational companies, the students of All India Institute of Aeronautics (AIIA), Dehradun, protested in the SSP office and demanded refund of their tuition fee from the institute. SSP Khurana appointed SP (Rural) Mamta Vohra and directed her to take appropriate steps in the case.
- 500 Magistrates, 2K cops on toes for festivals 22 Sep 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Ashok Khosla to address Dr Verghese Kurien Memorial Oration at XLRI 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kendriya Vidyalaya launches Swachchh Abhiyan 22 Sep 2017 | Suresh Nikhar | in Ranchi
- Maoists‚Äô landmine kills PTR elephant 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tata Power bags 3 gold awards at CCQC 2017 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Religious gurus meet on cleanliness 22 Sep 2017 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- SER to run special superfast trains to meet festive rush 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Councilor of Adityapur civic body stabbed 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Eco conservation theme to lure devotees 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi