- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
world heart day: check-up camp to be held
Dehradun: To mark World Heart Day on Sunday, the Bharat Heart Institute (BHI), EC Road Dehradun will organise a free heart check-up camp. The patients can avail the facilities like cardiac consultation, ECG, pacemaker analysis, random blood sugar and blood pressure free of cost. The camp will be held from 10 am to 2.30 pm. The registration for camp will start at 9 am. The senior doctors of BHI led by Dr Chetan Sharma, Executive Director and Chief Interventional Cardiologist at BHI shall examine the patients. The patients are advised to come with all Previous Medical records. To spread the awareness on heart diseases, the presentations on ‘Why pacemakers are required’ and for lifestyle modification shall also be given to patients during camp and valuable tips to stay healthy would be shared by the medicos. The patients shall be informed about pacemakers requirement, its types and other details.
Uninor launches ‘MuZic Missile’
Dehradun: Uninor on Friday announced the launch of ‘MuZic Missile’a first of its kind concept to offer unlimited music streaming to all Uninor subscribers in UP West. The initiative has been introduced in association with Hungama.com, The newly launched offer allows all Uninor subscribers in the circle to avail nonstop musical masti with unlimited caller tunes, music streaming and ringtones at just `two per day. UP West, Circle Business Head, Uninor- KC Narendran said,“With the launch of this unique concept, Uninor has become the first telecom operator to offer music streaming at a price bracket of ` two per day, providing flexibility and affordability to its customers across the circle.”
mentally ill pregnant lady admitted to hospital
Dehradun: With help of local NGO members, police admitted a pregnant woman in Doon Hospital on Friday after she was spotted in a naked and disturbed State. The pregnant woman was seen naked near the Jakhan police post under Rajpur Police Station by members of a local NGO. Jakhan post police were informed by the NGO members and with the help of female constables; she was admitted in Doon Hospital. Rajpur Police said that it seems she may be suffering from a psychological problem.
AIIA students seek refund of tuition fee
Dehradun: Accusing the institute of failing to provide placement in multinational companies, the students of All India Institute of Aeronautics (AIIA), Dehradun, protested in the SSP office and demanded refund of their tuition fee from the institute. SSP Khurana appointed SP (Rural) Mamta Vohra and directed her to take appropriate steps in the case.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- C’garh Govt to monitor projects using advanced software 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Addl 14,140 MW of power gen in C’garh by March’22: CEA 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- GSECL to start mining work in Gare Pelma-I block soon 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC to set up mega ‘Steel Loading Platform’ at Nagarnar 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Police informer’ shot at by Maoists in Sukma district 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Srabani too books Rio berth; State rejoices 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State urges Centre to allocate more IPS 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Madhubabu’s daughter country’s first woman lawyer’ 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 10-year-old Meghali makes it to India Book of Records 27 Jun 2016 | PNN | in Bhubaneswar
- Child rights body suggests Govt for ‘serious introspection’ 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
How can a 48-member NSG be an elite group? It’s got members like New Zealand, Ireland...These people who have no nuclear programme of any kind.
I had a great time working with Jackie Chan. He is the most humble and grounded person I have ever met. He is a true legend.
I do not understand why the British Government needs until October to decide whether to send the divorce letter to Brussels