- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
world heart day: check-up camp to be held
Dehradun: To mark World Heart Day on Sunday, the Bharat Heart Institute (BHI), EC Road Dehradun will organise a free heart check-up camp. The patients can avail the facilities like cardiac consultation, ECG, pacemaker analysis, random blood sugar and blood pressure free of cost. The camp will be held from 10 am to 2.30 pm. The registration for camp will start at 9 am. The senior doctors of BHI led by Dr Chetan Sharma, Executive Director and Chief Interventional Cardiologist at BHI shall examine the patients. The patients are advised to come with all Previous Medical records. To spread the awareness on heart diseases, the presentations on ‘Why pacemakers are required’ and for lifestyle modification shall also be given to patients during camp and valuable tips to stay healthy would be shared by the medicos. The patients shall be informed about pacemakers requirement, its types and other details.
Uninor launches ‘MuZic Missile’
Dehradun: Uninor on Friday announced the launch of ‘MuZic Missile’a first of its kind concept to offer unlimited music streaming to all Uninor subscribers in UP West. The initiative has been introduced in association with Hungama.com, The newly launched offer allows all Uninor subscribers in the circle to avail nonstop musical masti with unlimited caller tunes, music streaming and ringtones at just `two per day. UP West, Circle Business Head, Uninor- KC Narendran said,“With the launch of this unique concept, Uninor has become the first telecom operator to offer music streaming at a price bracket of ` two per day, providing flexibility and affordability to its customers across the circle.”
mentally ill pregnant lady admitted to hospital
Dehradun: With help of local NGO members, police admitted a pregnant woman in Doon Hospital on Friday after she was spotted in a naked and disturbed State. The pregnant woman was seen naked near the Jakhan police post under Rajpur Police Station by members of a local NGO. Jakhan post police were informed by the NGO members and with the help of female constables; she was admitted in Doon Hospital. Rajpur Police said that it seems she may be suffering from a psychological problem.
AIIA students seek refund of tuition fee
Dehradun: Accusing the institute of failing to provide placement in multinational companies, the students of All India Institute of Aeronautics (AIIA), Dehradun, protested in the SSP office and demanded refund of their tuition fee from the institute. SSP Khurana appointed SP (Rural) Mamta Vohra and directed her to take appropriate steps in the case.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- One dead in panchayat pre-poll violence 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJP goes all out for success of PM’s Saharanpur rally 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Notification for RS, Council polls issued 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Lucknow set to be a smart(er) city 25 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- MSY visits Neeraj at RML Hosp 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Irani to launch Education portal 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Godman arrested for sexual exploitation 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Mishra writes Ranjan to order probe into `Salary Sharing Scam’ 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- State Govt reshuffles 26 Bureaucrats 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Mega PWS projects still hangs in balance 25 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
We respect Pakistan's territorial integrity. But we will carry out strikes to remove terrorists directing attacks against US.
Time was when we shot in Kashmir every year. Now (I am) going to be shooting there for the first time after 1984.
We will ensure that the Yamuna river is cleaned on a war footing and Punjab's Seechewal model is implemented in Delhi.