- Chidambaram attacks TN Speaker for disqualifying 18 MLAs
- US resumes premium processing of H-1B visas
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Intolerance, unemployment key issues facing India: Rahul Gandhi
- India seeks probe into nuclear proliferation links between Pak, N Korea
- Suu Kyi appeals to global community over Rohingya crisis
Syllabuses of Sanskrit Edu should be reviewed
Dehradun: The syllabuses of the Purva Madhyama, Uttar Madhyama and Shastri under the Sanskrit education should be reviewed and effort should be made to make them employment oriented, said the education, Sanskrit education and sports minister Arvind Pandey while undertaking a meeting on Sanskrit education at his office in Vidhan Sabha on Monday. The agenda of the meeting was to alleviate Sanskrit education. The Minister directed that avenues to start Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) by the Sanskrit education council should be looked into so that deserving candidates are appointed as teachers in the Sanskrit schools. He said that one model Sanskrit school in each division of State should be set up. Pandey also asked the officers to prepare proposals for day boarding in schools of class I to V and residential schools for classes VI to XII.
3 persons dead in two separate road accidents
Dehradun: Three persons died in two separate road accidents in the State on Monday. According to information provided by the State emergency operation centre, a road accident at about 6:45 AM on Monday at Sukradi in Pithoragarh district resulted in the death of one person while another was injured. In another accident in Tehri district, two Kanwadias riding on a motorcycle died in an accident near Uniyalgaon on Monday morning.
DM holds meeting to observe shaurya diwas
Dehradun: Dehradun DM SA Murugeshan has held a meeting with the district officials on Monday to discuss steps to be taken for celebrating Kargil Vijay observed as Shaurya Diwas on July 26. While the state level programme would be held at Gandhi Park the department officials were assigned duties. While the education officers were directed to ensure that the school children participate in the national awareness rally the police officers were asked to make fool- proof security arrangements at Gandhi Park apart from making adequate parking arrangements for the visitors, including the VIPs. The cultural department officials were directed to make arrangements for the presentation of patriotic songs on the occasion.
aadhaar updation centre inaugurated
Dehradun: The first Aadhaar updation and registration centre of the Uttarakhand postal circle was inaugurated at the general post office here on the weekend by member of parliament RK Sinha. Addressing the gathering on the occasion, the state’s chief postmaster general Udai Krishna said that Aadhaar updation and registration centres are to be opened in all the 13 head post offices in Uttarakhand. Additionally, the facility for updation of Aadhar cards will also be provided in a phased mannerin the 318 sub post offices in the circle. Further, a special cover will also be released on the occasion of Rakshabandhan. The chief postmaster general further informed that special Rakhi envelopes have also been provided in the post offices for the festival of Rakshabandhan. Later, the MP and chief postmaster general started a wall painting in the general post office compound while participating in the conclusion of the cleanliness fortnight. Various officials of the postal department were also among those present on the occasion.
- In brief. 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Sinha discusses Oral Tradition, historiography 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Excursion scheme to amplify students‚Äô vision: CM 19 Sep 2017 | Pragya Pallavi | in Ranchi
- Marandi raps Govt over Shah visit, mining lease 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 8.56 crore saplings planted in 3 yrs: Dept 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt for special care to multiply tigers 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Now, Master Control Rooms to solve even water supply issues 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SAIL supplies 85K tonnes of steel for Sardar Sarovar 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Water level rises in Tenughat reservoir, warning issued 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi