- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
3 dairy products cold stores soon
The dairy development department of Uttarakhand is going to set up there cold stores in Uttarkashi, Kotdwar and Nainital soon. Besides, it will also carry out certain development works to strengthen its basic infrastructure in Chamoli, Champawat, Nainital and Kotdwar in the times to come.
At the same time keeping in view the scarcity of food for the animals particularly for the milch animals, the dairy development department would also set up three fodder banks at Rudurapur, Shyampur and Kalsi, informed the officials concerned.
These are all part of the modernisation plan of the diary development department, Uttarakhand, which is facing a tough competition from the private sector in of late. More so, the devastating basic infrastructure sector due to natural calamity that the mountain State has been facing has only edged out the competitiveness of one of the most important service sectors, the dairy department, Uttarakhand.
The dairy department has registered a declining trend in its milk production during the past few months as compared to the corresponding period last year, said P C Sharma, General Manager, mdairy development department, Uttarakhand. More so, the sale of the dairy products which are sold with brand name Anchal has also come down during the same period this year, he further said.
It seems the major challenge before the dairy development department here is to maintain its household presence with dairy products with brand name Aanchal. Apart from certain constraints like the natural disaster competition from the private sector is also a reason resulting in reduction in sale of our products, further said the officials concerned.
Meanwhile, as the officials concerned informed, the dairy development department would spend Rs 34.48 lakh on setting up three cold stores and related development works in the state soon. Out of the aforesaid Rs 34. 48 lakh while it will spend Rs 4.48 lakh on setting up cold store in Uttarkashi, the cold store at Kotdwar would be built up at Rs 7.80 lakh.
However, the department concerned would spend Rs 22.20 lakh on setting up a cold store at Nainital’s Lalkuwan areas with certain developmental works. Besides, it would also spend Rs 8.35 lakh in strengthening basicm infrastructure at Chamoli and would set up a dairy processing plant at Champawat at a cost of Rs 31.10 lakh, as the officials concerned informed.
At the same time, it will develope fodder banks at Rudrapur, Shyampur, and Kalshi at a cost of Rs 9.58 lakh, they further informed.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- ‘Mahaparayan’ to transport dead body launched 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Kerala seeks power support from Odisha 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Central Govt seeks report on inactiveness of dalit corporation 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Frequent power cuts: Bandh observed at Udala 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Umesh Singh takes over as new ECoR GM 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to attend B’luru Investors’ Meet today 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Tumari Smrutire’ kicks off to pay tribute to Sanjukta 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PRI polls: Opp still has to do lots of homework 26 Aug 2016 | LALIT MOHAN MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Bhekti seeds ranching in Chilika planned 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- VHP seeks Laxmananada killers punished soon 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.