- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
3 dairy products cold stores soon
The dairy development department of Uttarakhand is going to set up there cold stores in Uttarkashi, Kotdwar and Nainital soon. Besides, it will also carry out certain development works to strengthen its basic infrastructure in Chamoli, Champawat, Nainital and Kotdwar in the times to come.
At the same time keeping in view the scarcity of food for the animals particularly for the milch animals, the dairy development department would also set up three fodder banks at Rudurapur, Shyampur and Kalsi, informed the officials concerned.
These are all part of the modernisation plan of the diary development department, Uttarakhand, which is facing a tough competition from the private sector in of late. More so, the devastating basic infrastructure sector due to natural calamity that the mountain State has been facing has only edged out the competitiveness of one of the most important service sectors, the dairy department, Uttarakhand.
The dairy department has registered a declining trend in its milk production during the past few months as compared to the corresponding period last year, said P C Sharma, General Manager, mdairy development department, Uttarakhand. More so, the sale of the dairy products which are sold with brand name Anchal has also come down during the same period this year, he further said.
It seems the major challenge before the dairy development department here is to maintain its household presence with dairy products with brand name Aanchal. Apart from certain constraints like the natural disaster competition from the private sector is also a reason resulting in reduction in sale of our products, further said the officials concerned.
Meanwhile, as the officials concerned informed, the dairy development department would spend Rs 34.48 lakh on setting up three cold stores and related development works in the state soon. Out of the aforesaid Rs 34. 48 lakh while it will spend Rs 4.48 lakh on setting up cold store in Uttarkashi, the cold store at Kotdwar would be built up at Rs 7.80 lakh.
However, the department concerned would spend Rs 22.20 lakh on setting up a cold store at Nainital’s Lalkuwan areas with certain developmental works. Besides, it would also spend Rs 8.35 lakh in strengthening basicm infrastructure at Chamoli and would set up a dairy processing plant at Champawat at a cost of Rs 31.10 lakh, as the officials concerned informed.
At the same time, it will develope fodder banks at Rudrapur, Shyampur, and Kalshi at a cost of Rs 9.58 lakh, they further informed.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Students need not to submit their original docu 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Govt, Unicef organises exhibition in Sehore 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Congress ruled country with insensitiveness: BJP 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raisen police nabs three miscreants 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tiranga Yatra will be taken out on the eve of Republic Day 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Gold jewelry, cash burgled worth Rs 2K 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police nabs man for providing forged documents to accused 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Micro nutrients can prevent diseases: Health Secy 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Extension for Bastar, Surguja job reservation 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CRPF’s sniffer dog ‘Pluto’ martyred in IED blast 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
The person concerned (Arvind Kejriwal) should have thought on the statements. Everybody is bound by regulations.
The Congress was behind getting casinos to Goa. It is also the father of illegal mining scam in the state of Goa.
I have never been star struck in my life, but only for Jackie Chan. I touched his feet out of respect. I am his crazy and ardent fan.