- 123 killed, 100 injured as oil tanker explodes in Pak
- Super Srikanth lifts Australian Open Super Series
- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
3 dairy products cold stores soon
The dairy development department of Uttarakhand is going to set up there cold stores in Uttarkashi, Kotdwar and Nainital soon. Besides, it will also carry out certain development works to strengthen its basic infrastructure in Chamoli, Champawat, Nainital and Kotdwar in the times to come.
At the same time keeping in view the scarcity of food for the animals particularly for the milch animals, the dairy development department would also set up three fodder banks at Rudurapur, Shyampur and Kalsi, informed the officials concerned.
These are all part of the modernisation plan of the diary development department, Uttarakhand, which is facing a tough competition from the private sector in of late. More so, the devastating basic infrastructure sector due to natural calamity that the mountain State has been facing has only edged out the competitiveness of one of the most important service sectors, the dairy department, Uttarakhand.
The dairy department has registered a declining trend in its milk production during the past few months as compared to the corresponding period last year, said P C Sharma, General Manager, mdairy development department, Uttarakhand. More so, the sale of the dairy products which are sold with brand name Anchal has also come down during the same period this year, he further said.
It seems the major challenge before the dairy development department here is to maintain its household presence with dairy products with brand name Aanchal. Apart from certain constraints like the natural disaster competition from the private sector is also a reason resulting in reduction in sale of our products, further said the officials concerned.
Meanwhile, as the officials concerned informed, the dairy development department would spend Rs 34.48 lakh on setting up three cold stores and related development works in the state soon. Out of the aforesaid Rs 34. 48 lakh while it will spend Rs 4.48 lakh on setting up cold store in Uttarkashi, the cold store at Kotdwar would be built up at Rs 7.80 lakh.
However, the department concerned would spend Rs 22.20 lakh on setting up a cold store at Nainital’s Lalkuwan areas with certain developmental works. Besides, it would also spend Rs 8.35 lakh in strengthening basicm infrastructure at Chamoli and would set up a dairy processing plant at Champawat at a cost of Rs 31.10 lakh, as the officials concerned informed.
At the same time, it will develope fodder banks at Rudrapur, Shyampur, and Kalshi at a cost of Rs 9.58 lakh, they further informed.
- Max Hospital initiates regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Medical education dept gears up for admissions under State quota 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Bagasse made plates, bowls better option for plastic and themocol’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon hospital’s dept suffers due to lack of radiologists 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- EC disqualifies Narottam Mishra 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- PCC chief slams Rawat Govt on 100-day eve 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rawat Govt’s 100 days in office with key achievements 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sports 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Youth dies in lightning in Keonjhar 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 33 DAV CSpur students get top NEET ranks 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar