- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
3 dairy products cold stores soon
The dairy development department of Uttarakhand is going to set up there cold stores in Uttarkashi, Kotdwar and Nainital soon. Besides, it will also carry out certain development works to strengthen its basic infrastructure in Chamoli, Champawat, Nainital and Kotdwar in the times to come.
At the same time keeping in view the scarcity of food for the animals particularly for the milch animals, the dairy development department would also set up three fodder banks at Rudurapur, Shyampur and Kalsi, informed the officials concerned.
These are all part of the modernisation plan of the diary development department, Uttarakhand, which is facing a tough competition from the private sector in of late. More so, the devastating basic infrastructure sector due to natural calamity that the mountain State has been facing has only edged out the competitiveness of one of the most important service sectors, the dairy department, Uttarakhand.
The dairy department has registered a declining trend in its milk production during the past few months as compared to the corresponding period last year, said P C Sharma, General Manager, mdairy development department, Uttarakhand. More so, the sale of the dairy products which are sold with brand name Anchal has also come down during the same period this year, he further said.
It seems the major challenge before the dairy development department here is to maintain its household presence with dairy products with brand name Aanchal. Apart from certain constraints like the natural disaster competition from the private sector is also a reason resulting in reduction in sale of our products, further said the officials concerned.
Meanwhile, as the officials concerned informed, the dairy development department would spend Rs 34.48 lakh on setting up three cold stores and related development works in the state soon. Out of the aforesaid Rs 34. 48 lakh while it will spend Rs 4.48 lakh on setting up cold store in Uttarkashi, the cold store at Kotdwar would be built up at Rs 7.80 lakh.
However, the department concerned would spend Rs 22.20 lakh on setting up a cold store at Nainital’s Lalkuwan areas with certain developmental works. Besides, it would also spend Rs 8.35 lakh in strengthening basicm infrastructure at Chamoli and would set up a dairy processing plant at Champawat at a cost of Rs 31.10 lakh, as the officials concerned informed.
At the same time, it will develope fodder banks at Rudrapur, Shyampur, and Kalshi at a cost of Rs 9.58 lakh, they further informed.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Rahul Gandhi talks about poor condition of roads in state 28 Sep 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- CM offers Rs20 lakh for martyrs families 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Deploy central forces before commencement of polls Nominations process says political parties 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC supports idea of simultaneous elections for Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM comes in support of youth leaders 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Pappu Nishad joins as UP state bridge corporation’s chairman 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Priest’s murder led to mystery in Amethi 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Khali: Want WWE kind of wrestling in every city 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Gosai, Yadav, Rabari communities to come under Backward Classes 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- HP CM inaugurates development projects 28 Sep 2016 | Kishori Lal | in Chandigarh
It should be understood that the Delhi Government has all the powers, except the powers of police. Everything else is there.
The (shoe) attack on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was a pre-planned one and engineered by BJP and RSS.
I hope the fact-checkers are turning up the volume and really working hard. Donald supported the Iraq invasion.