- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
3 dairy products cold stores soon
The dairy development department of Uttarakhand is going to set up there cold stores in Uttarkashi, Kotdwar and Nainital soon. Besides, it will also carry out certain development works to strengthen its basic infrastructure in Chamoli, Champawat, Nainital and Kotdwar in the times to come.
At the same time keeping in view the scarcity of food for the animals particularly for the milch animals, the dairy development department would also set up three fodder banks at Rudurapur, Shyampur and Kalsi, informed the officials concerned.
These are all part of the modernisation plan of the diary development department, Uttarakhand, which is facing a tough competition from the private sector in of late. More so, the devastating basic infrastructure sector due to natural calamity that the mountain State has been facing has only edged out the competitiveness of one of the most important service sectors, the dairy department, Uttarakhand.
The dairy department has registered a declining trend in its milk production during the past few months as compared to the corresponding period last year, said P C Sharma, General Manager, mdairy development department, Uttarakhand. More so, the sale of the dairy products which are sold with brand name Anchal has also come down during the same period this year, he further said.
It seems the major challenge before the dairy development department here is to maintain its household presence with dairy products with brand name Aanchal. Apart from certain constraints like the natural disaster competition from the private sector is also a reason resulting in reduction in sale of our products, further said the officials concerned.
Meanwhile, as the officials concerned informed, the dairy development department would spend Rs 34.48 lakh on setting up three cold stores and related development works in the state soon. Out of the aforesaid Rs 34. 48 lakh while it will spend Rs 4.48 lakh on setting up cold store in Uttarkashi, the cold store at Kotdwar would be built up at Rs 7.80 lakh.
However, the department concerned would spend Rs 22.20 lakh on setting up a cold store at Nainital’s Lalkuwan areas with certain developmental works. Besides, it would also spend Rs 8.35 lakh in strengthening basicm infrastructure at Chamoli and would set up a dairy processing plant at Champawat at a cost of Rs 31.10 lakh, as the officials concerned informed.
At the same time, it will develope fodder banks at Rudrapur, Shyampur, and Kalshi at a cost of Rs 9.58 lakh, they further informed.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Cong team visits C’garh for field study 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Utkal girls protest water, power problems in hostels 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- `2 crore to Puri Daitas: Compensation or bribe? 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- inbrief 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- `60L bonanza for 6 Rio sportswomen 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD stages demos against ex-Cong MP at four places 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Surat investors protest before Delhi Odisha Bhavan 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Reengineering of public services stressed 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NRHC asks OHRC for ATR on casting couch 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Maladies as policies not converted into realities 27 Jul 2016 | JAYANT DAS | in Bhubaneswar
I want to appeal to the Bishnoi community, don't lose your heart. You have been fighting for the protection of wildlife and forest for age and will continue to do that.
I am not looking for a future in politics. I am an artist and I am not here to win an election. My stories speak what I want to say.
Hillary Clinton believes, US is a country where people of all backgrounds can make a home. But that America isn't possible if we allow Trump to build a wall that divides us.