- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
3 dairy products cold stores soon
The dairy development department of Uttarakhand is going to set up there cold stores in Uttarkashi, Kotdwar and Nainital soon. Besides, it will also carry out certain development works to strengthen its basic infrastructure in Chamoli, Champawat, Nainital and Kotdwar in the times to come.
At the same time keeping in view the scarcity of food for the animals particularly for the milch animals, the dairy development department would also set up three fodder banks at Rudurapur, Shyampur and Kalsi, informed the officials concerned.
These are all part of the modernisation plan of the diary development department, Uttarakhand, which is facing a tough competition from the private sector in of late. More so, the devastating basic infrastructure sector due to natural calamity that the mountain State has been facing has only edged out the competitiveness of one of the most important service sectors, the dairy department, Uttarakhand.
The dairy department has registered a declining trend in its milk production during the past few months as compared to the corresponding period last year, said P C Sharma, General Manager, mdairy development department, Uttarakhand. More so, the sale of the dairy products which are sold with brand name Anchal has also come down during the same period this year, he further said.
It seems the major challenge before the dairy development department here is to maintain its household presence with dairy products with brand name Aanchal. Apart from certain constraints like the natural disaster competition from the private sector is also a reason resulting in reduction in sale of our products, further said the officials concerned.
Meanwhile, as the officials concerned informed, the dairy development department would spend Rs 34.48 lakh on setting up three cold stores and related development works in the state soon. Out of the aforesaid Rs 34. 48 lakh while it will spend Rs 4.48 lakh on setting up cold store in Uttarkashi, the cold store at Kotdwar would be built up at Rs 7.80 lakh.
However, the department concerned would spend Rs 22.20 lakh on setting up a cold store at Nainital’s Lalkuwan areas with certain developmental works. Besides, it would also spend Rs 8.35 lakh in strengthening basicm infrastructure at Chamoli and would set up a dairy processing plant at Champawat at a cost of Rs 31.10 lakh, as the officials concerned informed.
At the same time, it will develope fodder banks at Rudrapur, Shyampur, and Kalshi at a cost of Rs 9.58 lakh, they further informed.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh Yadav to be chief minister’s face of SP 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Immature young leaders should behave and refrain from irresponsible behavior: Khan 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt to distribute plates and glasses having CM's pic 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Amit shah to hold maharally at Etawah 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Health condition deteriorates as 200 deaths reported due to dengue 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Tremor felt within congress due to strong differences among senior leaders 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Finally, 44 PWDs posted as college lecturers 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Land rights key to rural women empowerment’ 22 Oct 2016 | TARINI PRASAD PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Child marriage victim rescued in Brahmapur 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to provide assistance of 5 lakhs to family of police martyrs 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!