- Woman teacher arrested for sexually exploiting boy
- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
5 timber smugglers arrested on tip off, police claim major success
The forest department caught five timber smugglers on Wednesday afternoon while several trunks of Khair trees were seized from them. A case has been registered under section 26 of Indian Forest Act against the smugglers.
As per the forest department, four Khair trees were felled in Pathri section of Haridwar Range on November 28. The incident came to light when the forest officials reached the place while patrolling.
Seeing the forest team approaching, those who felled the trees fled. The timbers were seized while the forest officials started searching for them with a sniffer dog. The accused have been identified as Tanvir, resident of village Kunhari of Laksar tehsil, while the four others have been identified as Arvind, Kapil, Dinesh and Vipin, all from Shivgarh of Pathri area. Forest officials said that Tanvir is the main accused who had tasked Dinesh to fell four Khair trees standing in the reserve forest area of Pathri section.
Forest range officer Dinesh Nodiyal said that their team had first nabbed Dinesh with the help of the sniffer dog and acting on his information, others had been arrested too. The main accused Tanvir was nabbed on Wednesday morning, he added.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun