- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
5 timber smugglers arrested on tip off, police claim major success
The forest department caught five timber smugglers on Wednesday afternoon while several trunks of Khair trees were seized from them. A case has been registered under section 26 of Indian Forest Act against the smugglers.
As per the forest department, four Khair trees were felled in Pathri section of Haridwar Range on November 28. The incident came to light when the forest officials reached the place while patrolling.
Seeing the forest team approaching, those who felled the trees fled. The timbers were seized while the forest officials started searching for them with a sniffer dog. The accused have been identified as Tanvir, resident of village Kunhari of Laksar tehsil, while the four others have been identified as Arvind, Kapil, Dinesh and Vipin, all from Shivgarh of Pathri area. Forest officials said that Tanvir is the main accused who had tasked Dinesh to fell four Khair trees standing in the reserve forest area of Pathri section.
Forest range officer Dinesh Nodiyal said that their team had first nabbed Dinesh with the help of the sniffer dog and acting on his information, others had been arrested too. The main accused Tanvir was nabbed on Wednesday morning, he added.
- CM unveils many development projects 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Normal life disrupted in state following snowfall 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops terrorised us to leave village: Sohan Lal 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Will revive Naini Lake at any cost: CS 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt demands Rs 2761 cr as 2nd Supplementary 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Dalits bodies stage sit-in on missing dalit boy 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kissing row rocks House, BJP wants debate 14 Dec 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Nursery Act drafted on CM‚Äôs order 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Training on water test held 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- SBI Life to build B‚Äôswar school lavatories 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar