- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
60 SIs trained to tackle cyber crimes
In view of increasing bank fraud cases, cyber crimes and land fraud cases being reported in the State, 60 sub-inspectors have been given training on cracking such cases at police lines in Dehradun on Tuesday.
Garhwal Range DIG Pushpak Jyoti addressed the policemen and said that due to advancement of technology and easy access of mobile phones, there has been a rapid increase in cyber crimes involving youths in various districts of the State. “Crime trend has changed. There has been a decrease in traditional crimes while cyber crimes are on the rise.
Now criminals are using technology to commit crimes. In last year, ATM cloning case involving around 100 complainants was registered under various police stations of t Dehradun district. However, district police cracked the case by arresting the accused involved in it,” he said.
“Moreover, crores of rupees are being robbed of the buyers of land. With the manifold increase in the price of land, cases related to land fraud are also on the rise. The two- day workshop has been organised for the investigating officers.
This workshop would help the investigating officers to crack the cases swiftly.
Training on the precautions to be taken while dealing with such cases and the details of section 420 of IPC would be imparted to the investigation officers in course of the workshop.
They would also be trained on how to collect important documents related to cyber crimes and land fraud cases,” he said, adding that the workshop would go a long way in checking and cracking such crimes in the coming days.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar