- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
690 candidates file nomination for 69 posts
Around 690 candidates have filed their nomination for the post of 69 posts including six municipal corporations, 28 municipal boards and 35 nagar panchayats. Besides, around 4,035 candidates have filed nomination against the post of around 600 wards of the State. Now exact picture would be clear on April 15 when candidate would withdraw their nomination. Three nagar panchayat namely Badrinath, Kedarnath and Gangotri election have withheld and Government would nominate its chairman.
Elections will be held for municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar. In which highest number of candidates ie 24 candidates in the fray of Haldwani Municipal Corporation, 21 in Roorkee Municipal Corporation, 20 in Haridwar Municipal Corporation. 17 candidates filed in Kashipur Municipal Corporation, 14 in Dehradun Municipal Corporation and only seven candidates in the fray of Rudrapur Municipal Corporation (RMC).
A total of 15,20,527 voters are likely to exercise their franchise. Around 3,61,092 voters are registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham Singh Nagar.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM briefs Ram Naik on political situation in state 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Shivpal expels Akhilesh’s loyalist Pawan Pandey 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Shivpal vacates his official residence 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati denies charges of PM 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DGP Zaveed Ahmed asks juniors to celebrate diwali with orphans, senior citizens 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Strong reason pushed me to quit: Rita Bahuguna Joshi 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Azam Khan plays as messiah for Muslims 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Jungle Safari having unique ‘Mgt Zone’ for wildlife conservation 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Lok Adalats to be held in C’garh from Nov 12 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 139 sand mines in C’garh awaiting environmental clearance 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
My family and the Samajwadi Party are united. All workers are united. There are some conspirators who do not have any mass base.
Trump suffers from very poor self-esteem. He has no insight, no intuition, no creativity, no capacity to offer hope.
Film-makers of the past were creative people and not businessmen. That is why they could make the kind of cinema they did.