- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
690 candidates file nomination for 69 posts
Around 690 candidates have filed their nomination for the post of 69 posts including six municipal corporations, 28 municipal boards and 35 nagar panchayats. Besides, around 4,035 candidates have filed nomination against the post of around 600 wards of the State. Now exact picture would be clear on April 15 when candidate would withdraw their nomination. Three nagar panchayat namely Badrinath, Kedarnath and Gangotri election have withheld and Government would nominate its chairman.
Elections will be held for municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar. In which highest number of candidates ie 24 candidates in the fray of Haldwani Municipal Corporation, 21 in Roorkee Municipal Corporation, 20 in Haridwar Municipal Corporation. 17 candidates filed in Kashipur Municipal Corporation, 14 in Dehradun Municipal Corporation and only seven candidates in the fray of Rudrapur Municipal Corporation (RMC).
A total of 15,20,527 voters are likely to exercise their franchise. Around 3,61,092 voters are registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham Singh Nagar.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Gram Sansad held in 12,464 panchayats 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 28-yr-old shot at by in-laws 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘Bidi workers, dependents treated at labourers' hospitals for free’ 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Labour Day: CPI, THMS take out procession 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Gaur: Labourers are not servants, but nation-builders 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM to lay bridge’s foundation stone 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Punjab Congress alleges increase in Dalit atrocities under SAD-BJP 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM launches Rajeev Gandhi Digital Vidyarthi Yojna 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Prepare roadmap for filling up vacancies, Virbhadra tells HPSEBL 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
Smita Patil was gentle but stronger than anything you could ever encounter in a woman. Truly a gift we lost we never should have.
The CBI raided my house the day after the FIR was filed. They have not spoken to me since in the last three years. I cannot fight the perception battle.
She (Hillary) will go down easier than any of the people we just beat. You are going to have an unbelievably good result in November.