- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
690 candidates file nomination for 69 posts
Around 690 candidates have filed their nomination for the post of 69 posts including six municipal corporations, 28 municipal boards and 35 nagar panchayats. Besides, around 4,035 candidates have filed nomination against the post of around 600 wards of the State. Now exact picture would be clear on April 15 when candidate would withdraw their nomination. Three nagar panchayat namely Badrinath, Kedarnath and Gangotri election have withheld and Government would nominate its chairman.
Elections will be held for municipal corporations in Dehradun, Haridwar, Roorkee, Haldwani, Kashipur and Udham Singh Nagar. In which highest number of candidates ie 24 candidates in the fray of Haldwani Municipal Corporation, 21 in Roorkee Municipal Corporation, 20 in Haridwar Municipal Corporation. 17 candidates filed in Kashipur Municipal Corporation, 14 in Dehradun Municipal Corporation and only seven candidates in the fray of Rudrapur Municipal Corporation (RMC).
A total of 15,20,527 voters are likely to exercise their franchise. Around 3,61,092 voters are registered in Dehradun, 1,52,719 voters in Haridwar, 81,849 in Roorkee, 97,799 in Haldwani, 77,936 in Kashipur and 74,554 in Udham Singh Nagar.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Mulayam and his son insulting dalit icon: Mayawati 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Peace prevails on Ajodhya’s 24th demolition anniversary 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati frustrated over domonetisation says Maurya 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati warns against BJP’s political agenda 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to face yet another scuffle within the party 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Setback for SAD, 4 leaders join Cong 07 Dec 2016 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Odisha mourns Jayalalithaa’s demise 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP holds stir against stole removal from women 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha Govt likely to raise MLAs’ salary 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SAD welcomes over three dozen Cong families into party fold 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
Nitish Kumar should ask Lalu Prasad about the funding behind construction of Rabri Bhawan in Delhi at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
Daughters are the best gift. My daughter is the most beautiful in the world. Every daughter is. Love her, give her respect.
Jayalalithaa was a leader dearly loved by her people. I express my condolences to her loved ones and to people of Tamil Nadu.