9 more dengue cases reported in Capital
Dengue which was somewhat subdued during early part of the season is now threatening to assume epidemic proportions. On Wednesday, nine more cases of the disease surfaced in the provisional State capital. In last two days the people affected by the disease has taken a quantum leap of 16. Like Tuesday all the patients detected on Wednesday barring one are youngsters.
The surfacing of 15 new cases of dengue within two days is an indication that the dreaded disease is on rise. This situation could become a headache for the health department as the people of the State capital are already under an onslaught of Swine flu.
The unseasonal Swine Flu cases has so far affected 146 people in the State capital and taken lives of 16 patients. The dengue is increasing its spread at a time when the foot soldiers of the health department the Asha workers are sitting on a Dharna at parade ground thus hampering anti mosquito activities of the department.
The District in-charge of Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP), Dr Puneet Chandra said, 93 cases have been so far been reported positive for the dengue this year, out of which 37 are from Haridwar district, 43 from Dehradun, two from Tehri, one Chamoli and Rudraprayag while nine are residents of neighbouring districts of Uttar Pradesh.
The department has collected samples of 3,039 patients this year out of which 93 patients have been found positive in Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) which is the confirmatory test for the disease.
An outbreak of the dengue occurred in the Dehradun district last year when many as 1,434 cases of the disease were reported by the department after collecting samples of 41,325 suspected patients.
Dengue is spread by Aedes Aezypti or tiger mosquito. It has characteristic stripes on its body due which it is called tiger mosquito. It strikes during day time and experts suggest that people should wear full sleeved clothes to prevent mosquito bite.
- Himalayan region shows lack of political will: Chipko leader 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM meets Javadekar, Prasad 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Working committee meeting to be held in State on Dec 17 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex CM Rawat confuses people: Ajay Bhatt 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Minister listens to people‚Äôs grievances at Janata Milan 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Margin money a concern for Rural Bus applicants 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Student leaders seek removal of Exam controller 12 Dec 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Nothing but waste of public money 12 Dec 2017 | Gp Semwal | in Dehradun
- Seth holds meeting for Khadi, Saras Mela 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Villagers angry as Gairsain debate lingers on 12 Dec 2017 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun