- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
ABVP declares candidates for student union elections
ABVP declared its candidates for different posts prior to student union election in various colleges of Dehradun on Friday. Siddharth Rana will be the candidate for the post of president in the students union election of DAV (PG) College while Vinay Rawat will contest for the post of president in DBS (PG) College.
In MKP (PG) College, Tripti Dhyani has filed her nomination for the post of president and Sangeeta Sajwan for the post of general secretary, Priyanka Lakheda for vice president, Ashma for joint secretary, C Kapur for treasurer, Kiran Chauhan for university representative and Garima, Priyanjali, Pasang, Animika, Neha and Sumirt Kaur for executive members.
In SGRR (PG) College, Vipin Kamboj will be the candidate for the post of president, Kartik Sherawat for general secretary, Ankit for vice president, Anjali for joint secretary, Diksha for treasurer, Shalini for University representative.
ABVP has decided to adopt some villages adversely affected by recent disaster. The ABVP will fight against commercialisation of higher education in the State, work for providing better education to the students in degree colleges in Dehradun and for providing hostel and scholarship facility to students belonging to remote areas of the state. Itn will also provide financial assistance to poor students.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Baleswar, M’bhanj bus owners threaten strike 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Fasting Pradip Majhi’s health critical in jail 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Appoint IAS officer as B’pur Varsity VC: Manch 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Now, no-trust move against Anandpur civic body chief 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Students’ bodies hold meet on Higher Education Policy 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in Rourkela; 3 brokers held 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crocodile attack in Kendrapada 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 28 shop owners evicted from MKCG campus 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Forcible eviction: Cases against Ganjam DM, SBI officials 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Salman’s rape analogy: Problem in diction, not intent 29 Jun 2016 | GURBIR SINGH | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Never has any leader made such a historic blunder. If Jawaharlalji had not declared a ceasefire at that time, the Kashmir issue would not have existed.
Actor Govinda is the ultimate Bollywood dancer. I can't see anyone beyond him. I can see him dancing for hours.
It is actually India which is shying away as it knows that it has to discuss Kashmir and other issues on the dialogue table.