- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Assembly to discuss SDG for first time
For the first time in the history, the members of the Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha would hold discussions on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) as part of the mission undertaken by the United Nations Organisation (UNO) during the ensuing Budget session at Bharadisain near Gairsain.
The objective of the SDG is that the achievements in different fields should be sustainable so that their real objective is attained and the people get proper and long- term benefit.
The SDGs are a collection of 17 global goals set up by the UNO which cover a broad range of social and economic development issues like health, education, social justice, poverty, climate change, gender equality, drinking water sanitation, energy and environment.
The SDGs are also known as ‘Transforming our World- the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’. These goals were developed to replace the Millennium Development Goals which ended in 2015.
The Vidhan Sabha secretary Jagdish Chandra said on Tuesday that the 63th Commonwealth Parliamentary Association convention held at Dhaka in October 10, 2017 decided that elaborate discussions on the SDGs would be held in state Assemblies and a day of the session should be kept for it.
He informed that the Vidhan Sabha secretariat would prepare a background note on the subject and provide it to the members on the first day of the Assembly on March 20.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar