BJP mulls action against Champion
The State unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is contemplating disciplinary action on the Khanpur MLA, Pranav Singh Champion who has openly criticised the functioning of U’khand Government. Irked by the posturing of the Champion, BJP is planning to slap show cause notice to the MLA.
Champion who is a four time MLA from Khanpur assembly constituency of Haridwar met the party president Amit Shah in Delhi on Tuesday and put forward his woes. In some videos which have gone viral in social media the MLA is seen giving statements against the Government. In one such video he said that he is a Champion and he doesn’t need any Ministerial position for recognition.
Taking note of utterances of Champion, State BJP president Ajay Bhatt said there is no problem with someone going to Delhi and meeting party leaders but utterances against the Ministers and State Govt would not be accepted. He added that a notice would be served to the MLA and based on the reply the party would decide on further course of action.
The MLA known for his flamboyance and controversies is particularly peeved with powerful leader from Haridwar and Cabinet Min Madan Kaushik. The State Govt has recently seized the powers of President of district Panchayat of Haridwar and set up a three tier committee to look after its functioning. The committee comprises of Wife of Khanpur MLA, Devyani Singh, Ammi Lal and Mohammad Sattar. It is worth mentioning here that Sattar is younger brother of former MLA Mohammad Shehzad and was elected in BSP ticket. Champion is upset on the inclusion of Sattar in the committee. Sattar and his elder brother Shehzad incidentally are very close to Haridwar MLA and powerful cabinet minister Madan Kaushik and it has led Champion to open a front against the Minister and the Government. Political observers are of the view that the Champion who defected to BJP sometime before the assembly election last year could leave the party and go back to Congress’s fold if pushed further.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun