- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Braid chopping case: 16-yr-old boy lodges complaint
In the first instance since the braid chopping complaints started surfacing in the State, a 16- year- old boy from Bajpur area of Udham Singh Nagar district lodged a complaint of his hair being chopped under mysterious circumstances on Saturday. Till now, all such complaints related to the women. Bajpur police station in-charge BD Uniyal said that as per the complaint, the incident happened when the village boy was sleeping at his home at noon while his mother was washing clothes outside. His mother rushed in after she heard cry from his scared son whose hair was found chopped. Upon being informed, police reached the area.
Notably, several incidents of braid chopping have been reported from various parts of the state over the past few days. A girl in the Garhi cantonment area of Dehradun had alleged the same on Friday. Another of the ‘victims’ was Ishrana, a resident of Doctorganj in Vikasnagar, Derhadun
In Kashipur, two women from Bhagwantpur (Jaspur) and Muwana, Kashipur had informed the police that their hair had been chopped while the same had been narrated by a class XII student of Government Inter College, Bindukhatta at Lalkuan in Nainital district on Thursday.
Such complaints coming one after another from across the state have left the police flabbergasted as they are unable to do anything save for hearing out the complaints.
A few days ago, the state police chief Anil Kumar Raturi had dubbed all such cases as sheer rumour mongering. While referring to such cases being reported from various police stations of Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar and Dehradun districts, Raturi had said that nobody should lend any credence to such wild mumbo jumbo. “Being from an educated society, we should outright reject them as fallouts from backward minds steeped in superstitions,” DGP had said.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal