- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
Braid chopping case: 16-yr-old boy lodges complaint
In the first instance since the braid chopping complaints started surfacing in the State, a 16- year- old boy from Bajpur area of Udham Singh Nagar district lodged a complaint of his hair being chopped under mysterious circumstances on Saturday. Till now, all such complaints related to the women. Bajpur police station in-charge BD Uniyal said that as per the complaint, the incident happened when the village boy was sleeping at his home at noon while his mother was washing clothes outside. His mother rushed in after she heard cry from his scared son whose hair was found chopped. Upon being informed, police reached the area.
Notably, several incidents of braid chopping have been reported from various parts of the state over the past few days. A girl in the Garhi cantonment area of Dehradun had alleged the same on Friday. Another of the ‘victims’ was Ishrana, a resident of Doctorganj in Vikasnagar, Derhadun
In Kashipur, two women from Bhagwantpur (Jaspur) and Muwana, Kashipur had informed the police that their hair had been chopped while the same had been narrated by a class XII student of Government Inter College, Bindukhatta at Lalkuan in Nainital district on Thursday.
Such complaints coming one after another from across the state have left the police flabbergasted as they are unable to do anything save for hearing out the complaints.
A few days ago, the state police chief Anil Kumar Raturi had dubbed all such cases as sheer rumour mongering. While referring to such cases being reported from various police stations of Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar and Dehradun districts, Raturi had said that nobody should lend any credence to such wild mumbo jumbo. “Being from an educated society, we should outright reject them as fallouts from backward minds steeped in superstitions,” DGP had said.
- Rise above caste, religion: CM 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hry Govt to function from hills for 3 days 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hry Govt directs all depts to identify posts for disabled persons 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cong Govt betrays industrialists by sending enhanced power bills: Sukhbir 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Vision of inviting investment of previous Govt working: Harsimrat 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Dense fog engulfs Punjab, Hry 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Parties put their best foot forward to win battle of ballot 16 Dec 2017 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- PPCB warns vehicle owners against using pressure horns 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- NSUI stages dharna at NP University 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DPS Bokaro students felicitated 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi