- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Braid chopping case: 16-yr-old boy lodges complaint
In the first instance since the braid chopping complaints started surfacing in the State, a 16- year- old boy from Bajpur area of Udham Singh Nagar district lodged a complaint of his hair being chopped under mysterious circumstances on Saturday. Till now, all such complaints related to the women. Bajpur police station in-charge BD Uniyal said that as per the complaint, the incident happened when the village boy was sleeping at his home at noon while his mother was washing clothes outside. His mother rushed in after she heard cry from his scared son whose hair was found chopped. Upon being informed, police reached the area.
Notably, several incidents of braid chopping have been reported from various parts of the state over the past few days. A girl in the Garhi cantonment area of Dehradun had alleged the same on Friday. Another of the ‘victims’ was Ishrana, a resident of Doctorganj in Vikasnagar, Derhadun
In Kashipur, two women from Bhagwantpur (Jaspur) and Muwana, Kashipur had informed the police that their hair had been chopped while the same had been narrated by a class XII student of Government Inter College, Bindukhatta at Lalkuan in Nainital district on Thursday.
Such complaints coming one after another from across the state have left the police flabbergasted as they are unable to do anything save for hearing out the complaints.
A few days ago, the state police chief Anil Kumar Raturi had dubbed all such cases as sheer rumour mongering. While referring to such cases being reported from various police stations of Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar and Dehradun districts, Raturi had said that nobody should lend any credence to such wild mumbo jumbo. “Being from an educated society, we should outright reject them as fallouts from backward minds steeped in superstitions,” DGP had said.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal