- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BSF to set up two battalions in Uttarakhand
In a move to enhance its strength, Border Security Force (BSF) will set up two battalions in Uttarakhand. Headquarter of the already approved Battalion will be set up at Bullewala village in Dehradun, the second one, for which serious efforts are on to get approval of the Central Government, will have its base in Sitarganj in Udham Singh Nagar.
Interacting with the mediapersons, director general of BSF Subhash Joshi said, “Approved by the Union Government in 2004, 20 acres of land for the battalion was allocated at Bullewala village in Doiwala block in 2011. Twenty five acres more land has already been identified and it will be available for the battalion soon.”
Joshi said that construction work would be started soon and three complexes will be ready within a month. He said, “Opening of the complexes is scheduled on June 19 when Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will formally inaugurate the complexes.”
He said that the BSF battalion would comprise 1,200 BSF personnel. They would be imparted training in disaster relief. Asked if the battalion was being set for some strategic purpose, he said that the one being set up at Dehradun would function as reserve battalion. He, however, accepted that BSF battalion to be set up at Sitarganj would definitely have strategic importance.
He also called on Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna at the Secretariat. After meeting with the DG, Chief Minister Bahuguna said, Uttarakhand was located strategically as it had international borders with China and Nepal. He said the BSF battalion would strengthen security and boost development.
A request has been sent to the Home Ministry for setting up a battalion in Kumaon division also. The Chief Minister said that if 15 acres of land was made available near the land at Bullewala, a Kendriya Vidyalaya would also be set up under the BSF. Twenty five acres of land on Doodhli Road has been earmarked for the training centre of the battalion .This is forest land and a request has been sent to Ministry of Environment and Forests for clearance.
BSF officials made a proposal that they would impart training at the adventure sports academy at Tehri when it was set up. The CM approved this proposal. Apart from the BSF DG, IG Ashok Kumar,Principal secretary SS Sandhu and Secretary Bhaskaranand were also present.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- One swept away, three still missing 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Arya unhappy with Tamta’s candidature for RS seat 30 May 2016 | SUNIL KUMAR | in Dehradun
- Haryana to offer 10K jobs to youth yearly 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM launches ‘Kangre Di Munni’ 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC puts Indian Union on notice 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Haryana CM gives approval for incorporating seven blocks in list 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Bhagat Singh’s grandnephew killed in Himachal accident 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Late Punjab CM’s grandson shoots self 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Many express grief over Harkirat Singh’s demise 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab’s 15 teachers get ‘Malti Gyan Peeth Purskar’ 30 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
I wish that all the rivers in India be developed like Sabarmati river. Modi has paid true tributes to Gandhiji through this project.
I really believe Mohenjo Daro is going to be one of my best films. I hope and pray the audience also agrees with it.
Salim saab (Salim Khan) and Javed saab (Javed Akhtar), in many ways, are the initiators in recognising the worth of writers.