CM inaugurates kill-waste machine near Vidhan Sabha
Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated a ‘kill-waste’ machine installed near the Vidhan Sabha for keeping the Rispana river clean on Friday. The Chief Minister also launched a mobile phone application for revival of the Rispana river during the programme organised by the Eco Task Force and Uttarakhand Science Education and Research Centre (USERC).
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that along with strong political will, public participation is also necessary for the revival of Rispana river. Reiterating the state government is committed to the revival of Rispana and Kosi rivers, Rawat said that for the revival of rivers and sanitation campaign, widespread public support is also essential along with the governmental efforts. Considering the increasing population, there is need for thinking at present about the water management for the future.
Colonel Hariraj Singh Rana of the Eco Task Force said that a micro-plan is being prepared for the revival of the Rispana. An aerial survey of Rispana’s catchment area is also being conducted for the purpose. The river will be in a better state by August-September, he opined. USERC director Durgesh Pant informed that work is underway on the river’s three-dimensional modeling and river morphology. He said that the kill-waste machine is a modern solid waste disposer which is eco-friendly and low-cost.
- Uplift the tribals, protecting their customs: Das 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Renowned Mussoorie-born Author Anita Desai turns 81 25 Jun 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Two hours of rain disrupts routine life in Nainital 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Anomalies fuel traffic jams in Nainital 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One injured as clash erupts among youth at Kaliasot dam 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kumaoni Ramleela enthralls Almora at Crankfest'18 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Valuables of Rs 75,000 burgled at Krishna Dham Colony 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Dalit beaten by Sarpanch in Tikamgarh 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BJP not ready to discuss no-trust motion: Nath 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP honoured as best State for agriculture production 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal