CM launches FLO Uttarakhand
Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Uttarakhand chapter of FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO), the women business wing of the apex business body Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) in Dehradun on Saturday. He said that Uttarakhand government is committed to empowering women as they are a major force in improving the economic status of their families and contribute to the development of the state. “As all-round development of the state is not possible without the empowerment of women the state government has come up with several initiatives for the welfare of women and their empowerment,” he said on the occasion.
“We want industrialists, particularly the women entrepreneurs, to make use of the cordial industrial relations in the state to facilitate investment, help strengthen the state’s economy and create job opportunities especially for the women. We would seriously work on the suggestions made by FLO which include setting up of industrial parks for women and mahila haats, “ he said.
FLO currently has chapters in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow- Kanpur, Ludhiana, Mumbai, North East and Pune with its head office in Delhi, said Vasvi Bharat Ram, president, FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO).
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun