- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Corruption-free Govt Modi's gift to the nation, says Prasad
The biggest achievement of Narendra Modi Government is that not even a single charge of corruption has been levelled against it over the past four years, said the Union Law and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad while interacting with journalists here on Tuesday. Heaping praise on the PM, he said that he has become a world leader today who is striving hard to take the status of the country to dizzy heights.
Prasad, further, said that the Modi Government has shown its capability to strike when it is required in the country’s interests. “ The surgical strike inside the Pakistan territory and demonetisation are examples of how tough the Centre under Modi can be,” he said.
Lauding demonetisation, he said that currency to the tune of Rs 14 lakh crore had come back into the banking system thanks to demonetisation which has hugely increased the volume of tax collections. The Union Minister claimed that 3.5 lakh people deposited more than Rs 1.5 lakh each during demonetization which ensured a tax collection of Rs 6000 crore. Similarly, the minister claimed that 17000 people deposited Rs 35000 crores in this period in the banks. He added that there were instances of one company having more than 2000 bank accounts. The Union Minister said that the demonetisation decision dealt a mortal blow on the parallel black economy.
He said that the Government has given clear order to the armed forces that they should not fire the first bullet. “ But when they are hit they should retaliate effectively. There is no need to take permission for the retaliatory action,” he said. Terming opening of 33 crore Jan Dhan Accounts of the poor as one of the major achievements of the government, the minister claimed that a huge sum of Rs 90000 crore has been saved from the middlemen by Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) of various welfare schemes of the government. Informing about the digital reforms in the country, he said that there are now 121 crore mobile phones in the country while the number of smart phones has jumped to 45 crores in India.
Prasad said that there were only two mobile manufacturing companies in the India four years ago and now this number has swelled to 120.
He said that more than 8 cr people have received a loan of Rs 6 lakh crore from the banks under MUDRA scheme and more than 70 percent of the beneficiaries are SC, ST and OBCs. The minister claimed that more than 3.5 Crore gas connections have been given under Ujjawala scheme and on the other hand 1.25 Crore people have left subsidy on cooking gas on the appeal of PM. The Union Minister said that by brining the bill on Triple Talaq the Government intended to usher in gender equality. He said that the Government is firmly behind the Muslim women on the issue of triple talaq and questioned the intentions of Sonia Gandhi and Mamta Banerjee and Mayawati as their parties have blocked the passage of the bill in Rajya Sabha.
The Union Min refused to make any comment on the issue of government stand on the recommendation of collegium of Supreme Court (SC) on promoting the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court Justice K M Joseph to SC.
Prasad was accompanied by the State BJP president Ajay Bhatt and minister of state Dhan Singh Rawat among other BJP leaders.
Earlier on the day the Union Minister paid obeisance at Badrinath shrine.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun