- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
Doon University wins inter-university quiz
Doon University won the first prize in the inter-university quiz competition jointly organised by Doon University and Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) in the UTU campus on Monday. Prakash Singh Chaudhary and Soumy Naudiyal were the members of Doon University team which clinched the gold.
While awarding the trophy to the winning teams, Governor Dr K K Paul at whose direction the competition was held said that the purpose of this event was to generate inquisitiveness among the students. “It is essential for us to explore the world of information and knowledge. We can understand the world around us only by asking questions and looking for their answers,” he said while asking the students to use internet to find out the answers of their queries and discuss them with their teachers and peers.
However, at the same time, he warned the students against taking things from the internet without proper verification.
There should be proper use of internet today.
While dwelling on the differences between knowledge and information, he said that information answers the “what” and “who” while knowledge tells us the “how” of things.
He also awarded consolation prizes and certificates to the runner- ups. Uttarakhand Technical University, Uttarakhand Medical Education University and Uttarakhand Ayurved University won the second, third and fourth prize respectively. Among others present on the occasion were Dr U S Rawat, vice-chancellor, Uttarakhand Technical University, Dr C S Nautiyal, vice- chancellor, Doon University, Dr H S Dhami, vice-chancellor, Uttarakhand Residential University, Dr Anita Rawat, registrar, UTU and Prof H C Purohit, acting registrar, Doon University.
The Governor in his address further said that taking part in such events enhanced the confidence of the students which helps them achieve success in their careers.
“When competitions are held in universities and colleges an atmosphere of positivity and enthusiasm is created and it gives rise to healthy competition,” he said and suggested an All India Quiz competition be organised in which students of other states can participate.
Doon University won with 85 points while UTU was second with 75 points and HNB Medical Education university finished third.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun