Education gave confidence to youth: Guv
The Governor of Uttarakhand, Krishan Kant Paul said that education would attain its true meaning when the youth would work consistently for the welfare of the society and the nation. He was addressing the gathering at the third convocation ceremony of the Uttarakhand Open University at Haldwani on Tuesday as the chief guest.
The Governor said that it was education that gave confidence and strength to students which enabled them to face challenges in life. He said reading good books and learning from the lives of great men and leaders should be done by students. The Governor said education was a long term process and one should try to keep learning throughout life .He said universities also had their responsibility in keeping alive values among students.
He said that universities must contribute to nation building and welfare of society. He expressed the hope that Uttarakhand Open University would help preserve Indian culture while developing youth as good students with strong values. He said skills must be developed in the students according to local requirements .Students should be digitally literate.
The Governor said that the University should conduct its activities in accordance with National Skill Mission. Job-oriented courses should be run by the University and placements should also be seen to.
The Governor stressed the need for use of technology in imparting education. Smart campuses should be created by Universities which would have virtual classes and digital libraries.
The Governor said that the UOU was making progress in fulfilling its objectives. For this, he congratulated the VC, executive council, academic council, teachers and students. He congratulated the passing-out students and awarded them degrees and diplomas.
State Minister for higher education, Dhan Singh Rawat said on the occasion that principals had been appointed in all colleges. He invited suggestions regarding the Indian dress code for convocations.
He said that within six months, V-Cs would be appointed in all Universities. V-C of UOU, Professor Nageshwar Rao threw light on the activities and achievements of the University. He said that in this third convocation, more than eight thousand students from the 2016-2017 session were being given degrees. He said that the University now had 40,000 students.
The Kumaon University V-C DK Nauriyal, Registrar RC Mishra other academicians and officials were also present on the occasion.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar