Explore Outing mobile app launched to boost Char Dham tourism
Imbibing lessons from the 2012 disaster and to help tourism thrive in the Char Dham Yatra slated to start next month, the State tourism department has launched a mobile Apps, namely, ‘Explore Outing’ here at Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council, Dehradun on Wednesday.
With this app, the visitors can get access the information about the nearby tourist destinations and other basic amenities like public toilets, police stations, ATMs and petrol pumps as well. The app would also enable the State Government to monitor the movements of the tourists/pilgrims round the clock, something which would help avert a major disaster. The chief executive officer and secretary tourism Shailesh Bagoli launched the apps. During its launch Bagoli said that this has been made on the basis of what is known as location based information system.
This apps has been developed as per the requirement of tourist/pilgrims and tourism department and both will be benefitted with this apps, he said.
With this app pilgrims/visitor can get access of the location and in case of exigency, they can seek help from police as well, he added. Besides, they will also identify the places like nearby tourist spots, public toilets, ATMs, petrol pumps and guest houses of Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN) and Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam (KMVN),Bagoli informed.
Even the pilgrims can share their experiences and also give suggestion for enhancement of the service or tourist spots, he said, adding that the department would soon launch public awareness campaign to rope in more and seek suggestions from tourists/pilgrims as well as the common people. He further said that even the government and the tourist department would be able to access the exact number of tourists/pilgrims so that they can make arrangement in case of exigency like disaster 2013. Anyone can download such apps on their mobiles, he said.
During the launch, among others present were Infra director RK Joshi, additional directors AK Dwivedi and RC Bhardwaj, publicity section officers US Chouhan and Satish Bahuguna, finance controller GS Tomar, explore outing chief executive officer VIpul Jain and Amit Mittal.
- Akhilesh criticizes BJP Government 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- AIMPLB to meet senior community leaders today 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Delay in justice is injustice: Prez 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 7-yr jail to RI for killing wife 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 65th Annual Sports of St Xavier‚Äôs school concludes 17 Dec 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Anura Rohana takes charge in round 3 of 16th Tata Open 2017 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Workshop on ECCE held at DPS, Chas 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Central Govt officer inspects Garhwa schools 17 Dec 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Amicus Curiae reaches Betla to take stock of PTR 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 4 cyber criminals nabbed in Giridih, Dumka 17 Dec 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi