- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
FCI union warns of violent stir in support of their demands
Members of the State union of Food Corporation of India (FCI) Employees Association staged a one-day strike on Tuesday. The workers demanded wage revision which is due from 2017.
According to the State president of the union, Ramesh Chandra Singh Negi, the union has staged several protests earlier in order to have their demands fulfilled. “We even approached the Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on the matter, but to no avail,” he added.
The central committee members of the union like T S Mina, Ajit Singh and Anil Sharma said that they might go for protest rallies in other parts of the country like Delhi and NCR in the future. Besides, a day-long stir would follow on Wednesday too to press their demands, they said.
Protesters also warned that if no positive result comes out and the State Government does not do something by way of conceding their demands the next phase of the stir might be violent.
Among those who were present during the stir on Tuesday included the State secretary Virendra Singh Rana aside from Jagdish Mehta, Sachin Rana, Vipin Gaud, Pratap Singh Negi and Pradeep Tamta. They all said that they are determined to take the stir to the next phase if the Government remains indifferent towards their demands.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun