Four Bawaria gang burglars arrested
Kotdwar police on Friday have arrested four alleged burglars belonging to the dreaded inter-State criminal gang with members from the Bawaria tribe who are accused to have burglarised several houses in different areas of Kotdwar while wearing masks. Police said that hailing from Uttar Pradesh, the arrested quartet lived in a rented house in Kotdwar.
The house owner Idris, resident of Kashirampur Talla, Kotdwar, has been slapped with a fine of Rs 10,000 for defying the rule of having the antecedents of the tenants verified through police. Senior superintendent of police Jagat Ram Joshi announced an award of Rs 2500 in cash to the police team which cracked the case and recovered the stolen property.
Police said that on the instruction of the SSP, the Additional Superintendent of Police and the circle officer Kotdwar constituted a police team to crack the case.
Several thefts were committed by the criminals of the group from December 6 last to January 1, police said. These include the post office located in the railway station premises on 5/6 December, a general store on December 19 and a mobile shop on Station Road on January 1.
The police team headed by the senior sub- inspector Rakendra Kaithait arrested the four while acting on a tip-off from Kotdwar on Friday. Police said that the arrested accused have earlier committed burglaries in Moradabad and Bijnor of Uttar Pradesh.
SHO police Kotwali Uttam Singh Jimwal said that the arrested Babariya Girohah accused are Deepak alis Kaliya (20), resident of Rawatpur, Thana Sindoli, district Sahajahanpur; Sonu (20), resident Rawatpur, district Sahajahanpur; Komal (21), resident of Rawatpur and Satish (35), resident of Laxmanpur, district Sahajahanpur.
The police team claimed to have recovered country-made firearm aside from the stolen items like mobile sets.
The accused are said to have confessed to having committed crimes in Moradabad, Bijnor and some other places of Uttar Pradesh.
- Uplift the tribals, protecting their customs: Das 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Renowned Mussoorie-born Author Anita Desai turns 81 25 Jun 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Two hours of rain disrupts routine life in Nainital 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Anomalies fuel traffic jams in Nainital 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One injured as clash erupts among youth at Kaliasot dam 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kumaoni Ramleela enthralls Almora at Crankfest'18 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Valuables of Rs 75,000 burgled at Krishna Dham Colony 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Dalit beaten by Sarpanch in Tikamgarh 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BJP not ready to discuss no-trust motion: Nath 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP honoured as best State for agriculture production 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal