- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
HC seeks report on steps for resolving traffic jams
Taking cognisance of the traffic jams being experienced in the tourist destinations in the State, the High Court of Uttarakhand has directed the State Government and principal secretary, home, to inform the court in three weeks about the measures taken to resolve the traffic congestion.
The Principal secretary should take a report on this subject from all the district magistrates. While hearing the case, the high court also observed that the state police had failed in successfully regulating traffic, adding that the court should also be informed about whether some outside agency can work on this.
The high court also directed the National Highways Authority of India to complete the road construction works from Roorkee to Haridwar and Dehradun and submit a progress report on the same.
According to case details, Akhtar Malik from Roorkee in Haridwar district had filed a public interest litigation in the high court. He had stated in his petition that the Roorkee Haridwar highway number 58 was experiencing consistent traffic jams which were also increasing the risk of accidents.
The petitioner had further stated that illegally operator tractors and trucks were also exacerbating the traffic congestion. It was also stated that construction work on national highway 58 had been pending for quite some time due to which the construction materials kept along the road had also become a factor causing road accidents.
Taking cognisance of the PIL, the division bench of the high court issued orders to the state government. The decision has been taken by the high court while also keeping in view Nainital, Haridwar, Mussoorie, Dehradun and other tourist spots in the State.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun