- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Honey Singh's concert cancelled
A planned concert by singer Honey Singh to mark the inauguration of a resort adjoining Corbett tiger reserve was cancelled on Monday night following opposition from activists due to which the team formed to enforce the silence zone around Corbett took action and served a notice to the resort owners.
Local activists raised concern on seeing posters of the planned concert and as the news reached MP and People for Animals chairperson Maneka Gandhi, she got in touch with Kumaon Commissioner RK Sudhanshu, Almora district magistrate Akshat Gupta and the head of the Delhi based company which owns the resort inaugurated on Monday night.
Holding a concert at the resort near the Durga Devi gate of Corbett would be a violation of the silence zone declared within 500 metres of Corbett following an order of the Nainital High Court. Corbett warden SC Upadhyay informed the Pioneer that he along with Ramnagar sub divisional magistrate had visited the resort where the owners denied any plans for a concert.
“A simple prayer ceremony was being held there but we served a notice to the resort owners informing them that as per High Court orders, noise pollution and light pollution was banned in the area falling under the silence zone,” he said.
Reliable sources informed that though prominent politicians were also slated to attend the inauguration of the resort on Monday night, they changed their plans after the issue of legal incongruity was raised prominently by activists.
The area in question is considered sensitive because of the constant movement of wildlife towards the Kosi river, especially in this dry season. Though officials aver that no concert was planned, activists aver that had this been the case, posters announcing the concert would not have been put up by the resort owners.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Yadav quits Cong; blames Kamal Nath, ex-CM Hooda 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be part of Territorial Army 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Insurance scheme for cattle launched in Haryana 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Police resort to lathicharge as locals pelt stones 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Budhia’s statement recorded in court 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Inbrief 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt doctors to cease work from August 1 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Block Grant hike lollipop to teachers: DTO 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Efforts missing for official use of Odia from Aug 15 30 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
I challenge Bikram S Majithia (Revenue Minister of Punjab) to arrest me in six months as they are in power. Else, I will arrest him after six months.
When you do a film, a role, you create an image and industry wants to use that image and give you similar parts.
I will be a President for the Democrats, the Republicans, and Independents. For the struggling, the striving and the successful... For all Americans.