- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Honey Singh's concert cancelled
A planned concert by singer Honey Singh to mark the inauguration of a resort adjoining Corbett tiger reserve was cancelled on Monday night following opposition from activists due to which the team formed to enforce the silence zone around Corbett took action and served a notice to the resort owners.
Local activists raised concern on seeing posters of the planned concert and as the news reached MP and People for Animals chairperson Maneka Gandhi, she got in touch with Kumaon Commissioner RK Sudhanshu, Almora district magistrate Akshat Gupta and the head of the Delhi based company which owns the resort inaugurated on Monday night.
Holding a concert at the resort near the Durga Devi gate of Corbett would be a violation of the silence zone declared within 500 metres of Corbett following an order of the Nainital High Court. Corbett warden SC Upadhyay informed the Pioneer that he along with Ramnagar sub divisional magistrate had visited the resort where the owners denied any plans for a concert.
“A simple prayer ceremony was being held there but we served a notice to the resort owners informing them that as per High Court orders, noise pollution and light pollution was banned in the area falling under the silence zone,” he said.
Reliable sources informed that though prominent politicians were also slated to attend the inauguration of the resort on Monday night, they changed their plans after the issue of legal incongruity was raised prominently by activists.
The area in question is considered sensitive because of the constant movement of wildlife towards the Kosi river, especially in this dry season. Though officials aver that no concert was planned, activists aver that had this been the case, posters announcing the concert would not have been put up by the resort owners.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Issue clear orders in favour of pensioners: HRC to Govt 19 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akhilesh revokes expulsion of leaders, sacked by Shivpal Yadav 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘WiIl contest elections’ says Shivpal Yadav 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Sangeet Som booked for violation of election model code 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Allahabad HC asks EC to decide on BSP deposit of Rs140cr in bank in December 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CEC to visit Lucknow to review poll preparations for UP Polls 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP played drama to hide tainted state Govt: Maurya 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 9 nominations filed on second day of first phase of UP polls 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation: Congress workers detained for trying to gherao RBI office 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Congress protest on demonetisation a flop show: BJP 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
The US has an extraordinarily complicated relationship, particularly when it comes to national security with Pakistan.
I don't have any interest in going to the US and working there. I am totally interested in working for Indian films.
Sunil Grover is pretty sober. He has overdone (prankster bit) so much that people might find his normal self different.