- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Must improve 'important' relationship with China: Trump
- Vote puts S Korea impeachment ball in Constitutional Court
- Toll from Hyderabad building collapse rises to 11
- Thane man allegedly joins ISIS: ATS
- Deeply pained by allegations against army: Parrikar to Mamata
- Two killed, 10 feared trapped in Hyderabad building collapse
- Vijay Mallya's twitter account hacked
Honey Singh's concert cancelled
A planned concert by singer Honey Singh to mark the inauguration of a resort adjoining Corbett tiger reserve was cancelled on Monday night following opposition from activists due to which the team formed to enforce the silence zone around Corbett took action and served a notice to the resort owners.
Local activists raised concern on seeing posters of the planned concert and as the news reached MP and People for Animals chairperson Maneka Gandhi, she got in touch with Kumaon Commissioner RK Sudhanshu, Almora district magistrate Akshat Gupta and the head of the Delhi based company which owns the resort inaugurated on Monday night.
Holding a concert at the resort near the Durga Devi gate of Corbett would be a violation of the silence zone declared within 500 metres of Corbett following an order of the Nainital High Court. Corbett warden SC Upadhyay informed the Pioneer that he along with Ramnagar sub divisional magistrate had visited the resort where the owners denied any plans for a concert.
“A simple prayer ceremony was being held there but we served a notice to the resort owners informing them that as per High Court orders, noise pollution and light pollution was banned in the area falling under the silence zone,” he said.
Reliable sources informed that though prominent politicians were also slated to attend the inauguration of the resort on Monday night, they changed their plans after the issue of legal incongruity was raised prominently by activists.
The area in question is considered sensitive because of the constant movement of wildlife towards the Kosi river, especially in this dry season. Though officials aver that no concert was planned, activists aver that had this been the case, posters announcing the concert would not have been put up by the resort owners.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh appoints Abdi as advisor of irrigation department 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Governor wants police to gear up for assembly polls 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Board examinationS to began on december 13 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Survey suggest victory for BJP in Vidhan Sabha polls, despite demonetisation 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 7 killed in road accidents due to fog, CM directs officials to take steps 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- An undertrial attempts sucide in Rae Bareli court 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Honest people are happy with demonetisation while corrupt are looking for cover: Rajnath Singh 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Badal describes Capt as ‘epicurean monarch’ 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Amarinder flays Modi Govt’s ‘petty sops’ in exchange of lives lost to demonetisation 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- CRPF troops withdrawn from Hisar’s Mirchpur village after 6 yrs 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.