- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Honey Singh's concert cancelled
A planned concert by singer Honey Singh to mark the inauguration of a resort adjoining Corbett tiger reserve was cancelled on Monday night following opposition from activists due to which the team formed to enforce the silence zone around Corbett took action and served a notice to the resort owners.
Local activists raised concern on seeing posters of the planned concert and as the news reached MP and People for Animals chairperson Maneka Gandhi, she got in touch with Kumaon Commissioner RK Sudhanshu, Almora district magistrate Akshat Gupta and the head of the Delhi based company which owns the resort inaugurated on Monday night.
Holding a concert at the resort near the Durga Devi gate of Corbett would be a violation of the silence zone declared within 500 metres of Corbett following an order of the Nainital High Court. Corbett warden SC Upadhyay informed the Pioneer that he along with Ramnagar sub divisional magistrate had visited the resort where the owners denied any plans for a concert.
“A simple prayer ceremony was being held there but we served a notice to the resort owners informing them that as per High Court orders, noise pollution and light pollution was banned in the area falling under the silence zone,” he said.
Reliable sources informed that though prominent politicians were also slated to attend the inauguration of the resort on Monday night, they changed their plans after the issue of legal incongruity was raised prominently by activists.
The area in question is considered sensitive because of the constant movement of wildlife towards the Kosi river, especially in this dry season. Though officials aver that no concert was planned, activists aver that had this been the case, posters announcing the concert would not have been put up by the resort owners.
- CM makes surprise inspection of Hazratganj police station 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State BJP ministers not using hooters while travelling 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PWD minister to probe road projects taken up during last 14 years 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Departments asked to make presentation at Lok Bhavan 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Minister picks up broom to clean office 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State govt to do away with ‘108 Ambulance Service’ 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Commissioner Usman issued notices to oficials 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 10-month-old child died due to doctors and staff negligence in Bahraich, enquiry reveals 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DGP asks police officials to set their houses in order 24 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 3 women, 2 kids trafficked every 5 days 24 Mar 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar