- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Nokia 3310 makes a comeback, co lines up 3, 5, 6 next quarter
- Two quakes hit Nepal
- Delhi HC stops Mukhtar Ansari from going on parole
- Slain Indian techie's body to reach Hyderabad
- Om Puri, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher honoured at Oscars
- "Moonlight" wins best picture Oscar, goof-up at announcement.
- 12-13 pc turnout till 10 AM in phase-V of UP polls
Honey Singh's concert cancelled
A planned concert by singer Honey Singh to mark the inauguration of a resort adjoining Corbett tiger reserve was cancelled on Monday night following opposition from activists due to which the team formed to enforce the silence zone around Corbett took action and served a notice to the resort owners.
Local activists raised concern on seeing posters of the planned concert and as the news reached MP and People for Animals chairperson Maneka Gandhi, she got in touch with Kumaon Commissioner RK Sudhanshu, Almora district magistrate Akshat Gupta and the head of the Delhi based company which owns the resort inaugurated on Monday night.
Holding a concert at the resort near the Durga Devi gate of Corbett would be a violation of the silence zone declared within 500 metres of Corbett following an order of the Nainital High Court. Corbett warden SC Upadhyay informed the Pioneer that he along with Ramnagar sub divisional magistrate had visited the resort where the owners denied any plans for a concert.
“A simple prayer ceremony was being held there but we served a notice to the resort owners informing them that as per High Court orders, noise pollution and light pollution was banned in the area falling under the silence zone,” he said.
Reliable sources informed that though prominent politicians were also slated to attend the inauguration of the resort on Monday night, they changed their plans after the issue of legal incongruity was raised prominently by activists.
The area in question is considered sensitive because of the constant movement of wildlife towards the Kosi river, especially in this dry season. Though officials aver that no concert was planned, activists aver that had this been the case, posters announcing the concert would not have been put up by the resort owners.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- High time Block Grant replaced with GIA 27 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Road mishap fatality on the rise in Odisha now 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NKS to expose Rs 5K-crore ‘loot’ tomorrow 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weeklyroundups 27 Feb 2017 | Baidyanath Mishra | in Bhubaneswar
- Minister Rajen Gohain to visit ECoR today 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig arrests Khariar DFO in graft case 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State gets Rs 43.29-cr rev from two ports 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Omfed plant closure to hit 2.70L farmers 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man thrashes mother to death in city 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man falls victim of own plan to kill another 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
She (Mayawati) can enter into an understanding with the BJP anytime. Actually she is helping the BJP. One must be careful.
Look at the vast range of roles portrayed by Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep or Halley Berry. Their works are my inspiration.
You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what happened in Sweden. They took in large numbers (immigrants).