- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Honey Singh's concert cancelled
A planned concert by singer Honey Singh to mark the inauguration of a resort adjoining Corbett tiger reserve was cancelled on Monday night following opposition from activists due to which the team formed to enforce the silence zone around Corbett took action and served a notice to the resort owners.
Local activists raised concern on seeing posters of the planned concert and as the news reached MP and People for Animals chairperson Maneka Gandhi, she got in touch with Kumaon Commissioner RK Sudhanshu, Almora district magistrate Akshat Gupta and the head of the Delhi based company which owns the resort inaugurated on Monday night.
Holding a concert at the resort near the Durga Devi gate of Corbett would be a violation of the silence zone declared within 500 metres of Corbett following an order of the Nainital High Court. Corbett warden SC Upadhyay informed the Pioneer that he along with Ramnagar sub divisional magistrate had visited the resort where the owners denied any plans for a concert.
“A simple prayer ceremony was being held there but we served a notice to the resort owners informing them that as per High Court orders, noise pollution and light pollution was banned in the area falling under the silence zone,” he said.
Reliable sources informed that though prominent politicians were also slated to attend the inauguration of the resort on Monday night, they changed their plans after the issue of legal incongruity was raised prominently by activists.
The area in question is considered sensitive because of the constant movement of wildlife towards the Kosi river, especially in this dry season. Though officials aver that no concert was planned, activists aver that had this been the case, posters announcing the concert would not have been put up by the resort owners.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM forms Committee for Angadwadi workers 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul Gandhi to begin second leg of Kisan Yatra from sitapur 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Thakur asks Naiik not to reinstate Prajapati 25 Sep 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- MSY’s azamgarh rally cancelled 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Agitating schoolteachers threaten to boycott polls 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pre-poll violence occurs at Utkal and Ramadevi 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- K’mal rape accused gets 20 yrs in jail 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mom’s FIR: Gajapati drunkard youth held 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Water tank collapses; K’mal woman, daughter killed 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Brahmapur gold depositors seek justice 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Political movements and Islamist identity of states like Iran or Pakistan or the Wahhabism of Saudi Arabia is the underbelly inspiring militant movements like IS.
The 1960 Indus Waters Treaty between India and Pakistan has survived two wars, and remains in force today.
We've already played without Lionel Messi. But for me as coach and for the team, it's a challenge if we have to play without him.