- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Honey Singh's concert cancelled
A planned concert by singer Honey Singh to mark the inauguration of a resort adjoining Corbett tiger reserve was cancelled on Monday night following opposition from activists due to which the team formed to enforce the silence zone around Corbett took action and served a notice to the resort owners.
Local activists raised concern on seeing posters of the planned concert and as the news reached MP and People for Animals chairperson Maneka Gandhi, she got in touch with Kumaon Commissioner RK Sudhanshu, Almora district magistrate Akshat Gupta and the head of the Delhi based company which owns the resort inaugurated on Monday night.
Holding a concert at the resort near the Durga Devi gate of Corbett would be a violation of the silence zone declared within 500 metres of Corbett following an order of the Nainital High Court. Corbett warden SC Upadhyay informed the Pioneer that he along with Ramnagar sub divisional magistrate had visited the resort where the owners denied any plans for a concert.
“A simple prayer ceremony was being held there but we served a notice to the resort owners informing them that as per High Court orders, noise pollution and light pollution was banned in the area falling under the silence zone,” he said.
Reliable sources informed that though prominent politicians were also slated to attend the inauguration of the resort on Monday night, they changed their plans after the issue of legal incongruity was raised prominently by activists.
The area in question is considered sensitive because of the constant movement of wildlife towards the Kosi river, especially in this dry season. Though officials aver that no concert was planned, activists aver that had this been the case, posters announcing the concert would not have been put up by the resort owners.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh Yadav to be chief minister’s face of SP 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Immature young leaders should behave and refrain from irresponsible behavior: Khan 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt to distribute plates and glasses having CM's pic 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Amit shah to hold maharally at Etawah 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Health condition deteriorates as 200 deaths reported due to dengue 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Tremor felt within congress due to strong differences among senior leaders 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Finally, 44 PWDs posted as college lecturers 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Land rights key to rural women empowerment’ 22 Oct 2016 | TARINI PRASAD PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Child marriage victim rescued in Brahmapur 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to provide assistance of 5 lakhs to family of police martyrs 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!