House decides agenda for Budget session
To decide the agenda for the forthcoming Budget session of the State Assembly, the Speaker of Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha, Prem Chand Agarwal chaired an all- party meeting and a meeting of the business advisory committee (BAC) at the Vidhan Sabha in Dehradun on Tuesday.
The Speaker said that he has sought full cooperation from all the parties, particularly the Opposition party, for a meaningful session of the Assembly.
In an informal talk with the newsmen after the meetings were over, the Speaker termed the forthcoming session of Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha at Bharadisain near Gairsain as a historic one as for the first time the Budget session and the Governor’s address would be held there.
He said that keeping in view the historic nature of the upcoming session, he has made a fervent appeal during the all-party meeting to the leaders of the political parties present to make sure that the session is successful.
The Speaker further informed that in a rupture from the tradition, the session would be held on Saturday, March 24. “On the day, discussions on the Budget and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) an agenda set up by the United Nations Organisations (UNO) would be held,” he said.
Agarwal further informed that Vidhan Sabha secretariat has so far received 980 starred questions, 50 short notice questions and 110 petitions from the members.
He added that he is confident that the members across the party spectrum would remain dignified and ensure high- standard discussions on the subjects having bearing on the people of the State. “I have no doubt that the forthcoming Budget session would run smoothly with the support of all concerned,” the Speaker said.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar