Indira Hridayesh slams BJP Govt over proposed Religion Conversion Bill
The leader of the Opposition in Uttarakhand Assembly Indira Hridayesh has dubbed the proposed bill on religious conversion unwarranted and a farce. “This is nothing but a lever to further the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Government’s religion-based agenda. This is dangerous too as it is divisive,” she said.
Talking to The Pioneer at her office in Vidhan Sabha on Tuesday Hridayesh said that Congress would raise the issue in Vidhan Sabha if any mention of it is made in the address of Governor. The State cabinet in its meeting of Monday had decided to bring in ‘The Uttarakhand Dharam Swatantra Bill- 2018’ to rein in forced conversion in the State.
Terming the proposed bill on conversion as nothing but an election gimmick, the Leader of Opposition opined that there is no need of new legislation the Indian constitution has necessary provision to deal with the issue. She also ripped through the Cabinet decision to allow the private medical colleges to fix their fees and termed it as anti poor. Hridayesh said that the students of the poor patients would be hit hard by this decision.
Launching a scathing attack on ruling BJP Hridayesh said that the incident of physical assault by its MLA Rajkumar Thukral on women reflects that how power has entered into the heads of BJP men and how in its influence they are crossing all limits of social decorum. “It is not a question whether the family belongs to the Dalit or OBC, the behaviour of the MLA is very objectionable and highly deplorable,’’ she quipped.
The leader of the opposition informed that the party would raise issues ranging from Gairsain as State capital to plight of farmers. She said that an agitation for declaration of Gairsain as permanent state capital is presently going on the state and the Government should clear its stand on Gairsain. Hridayesh said that Congress would also raise the issue of farmers in the forthcoming assembly session. She opined that when Uttar Pradesh (UP) can waive off the loans of the farmers then why the Uttarakhand government is shying away from taking a similar decision.
Terming the Trivendra Singh Rawat led BJP Government as a total failure in every field; the Congress leader said that the achievement of the government is a big ‘Zero’ in its one year.
Terming the financial management of the government as a major disaster, Hridayesh said that contractors are not getting payments for the construction works and the government has left with no money to even pay the salaries of the employees.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar