- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Inspection at Malsi Deer Park following irregularity plaints
The Central Zoo Authority has directed the State Forest Department to prepare a landscape level plan for Malsi Deer Park in a month and implement the same within six months, failing which the mini-zoo will be closed to the public.
Taking cognisance of the complaints of irregularities in the management of the park, CZA member secretary BS Bonal inspected the mini-zoo and issued guidelines for developing it in to a State-level zoo with separate sections for birds, carnivores, herbivores and orchids.
According to the Rajaji National Park, director SP Subudhi, the CZA member secretary visited the deer park after which officials attended a meeting to discuss pertinent issues. An elaborate landscape level plan will be drafted and implemented to develop Malsi into a State-level zoo as unlike many other States, Uttarakhand did not have a State-level zoo in its Capital.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi who was also present during the inspection said that the CZA has directed the department to release pigeons, guinea fowl and kites with sound wings. Mates should be facilitated from other zoos for the birds and a single black buck kept solitary or the creatures should be handed over to zoos with available mates.
A transit rescue centre should also be developed here. Wildlife Institute of India, Department of Landscape Level Planning and Management professor PC Tyagi, Dehradun divisional forest officer Sushant Patnaik and Corbett National Park deputy director Saket Badola were also present during the inspection.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Gram Sansad held in 12,464 panchayats 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 28-yr-old shot at by in-laws 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘Bidi workers, dependents treated at labourers' hospitals for free’ 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Labour Day: CPI, THMS take out procession 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Gaur: Labourers are not servants, but nation-builders 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM to lay bridge’s foundation stone 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Punjab Congress alleges increase in Dalit atrocities under SAD-BJP 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM launches Rajeev Gandhi Digital Vidyarthi Yojna 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Prepare roadmap for filling up vacancies, Virbhadra tells HPSEBL 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
Smita Patil was gentle but stronger than anything you could ever encounter in a woman. Truly a gift we lost we never should have.
The CBI raided my house the day after the FIR was filed. They have not spoken to me since in the last three years. I cannot fight the perception battle.
She (Hillary) will go down easier than any of the people we just beat. You are going to have an unbelievably good result in November.