- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Inspection at Malsi Deer Park following irregularity plaints
The Central Zoo Authority has directed the State Forest Department to prepare a landscape level plan for Malsi Deer Park in a month and implement the same within six months, failing which the mini-zoo will be closed to the public.
Taking cognisance of the complaints of irregularities in the management of the park, CZA member secretary BS Bonal inspected the mini-zoo and issued guidelines for developing it in to a State-level zoo with separate sections for birds, carnivores, herbivores and orchids.
According to the Rajaji National Park, director SP Subudhi, the CZA member secretary visited the deer park after which officials attended a meeting to discuss pertinent issues. An elaborate landscape level plan will be drafted and implemented to develop Malsi into a State-level zoo as unlike many other States, Uttarakhand did not have a State-level zoo in its Capital.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi who was also present during the inspection said that the CZA has directed the department to release pigeons, guinea fowl and kites with sound wings. Mates should be facilitated from other zoos for the birds and a single black buck kept solitary or the creatures should be handed over to zoos with available mates.
A transit rescue centre should also be developed here. Wildlife Institute of India, Department of Landscape Level Planning and Management professor PC Tyagi, Dehradun divisional forest officer Sushant Patnaik and Corbett National Park deputy director Saket Badola were also present during the inspection.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Issue clear orders in favour of pensioners: HRC to Govt 19 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akhilesh revokes expulsion of leaders, sacked by Shivpal Yadav 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘WiIl contest elections’ says Shivpal Yadav 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Sangeet Som booked for violation of election model code 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Allahabad HC asks EC to decide on BSP deposit of Rs140cr in bank in December 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CEC to visit Lucknow to review poll preparations for UP Polls 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP played drama to hide tainted state Govt: Maurya 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 9 nominations filed on second day of first phase of UP polls 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation: Congress workers detained for trying to gherao RBI office 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Congress protest on demonetisation a flop show: BJP 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
The US has an extraordinarily complicated relationship, particularly when it comes to national security with Pakistan.
I don't have any interest in going to the US and working there. I am totally interested in working for Indian films.
Sunil Grover is pretty sober. He has overdone (prankster bit) so much that people might find his normal self different.