- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Inspection at Malsi Deer Park following irregularity plaints
The Central Zoo Authority has directed the State Forest Department to prepare a landscape level plan for Malsi Deer Park in a month and implement the same within six months, failing which the mini-zoo will be closed to the public.
Taking cognisance of the complaints of irregularities in the management of the park, CZA member secretary BS Bonal inspected the mini-zoo and issued guidelines for developing it in to a State-level zoo with separate sections for birds, carnivores, herbivores and orchids.
According to the Rajaji National Park, director SP Subudhi, the CZA member secretary visited the deer park after which officials attended a meeting to discuss pertinent issues. An elaborate landscape level plan will be drafted and implemented to develop Malsi into a State-level zoo as unlike many other States, Uttarakhand did not have a State-level zoo in its Capital.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi who was also present during the inspection said that the CZA has directed the department to release pigeons, guinea fowl and kites with sound wings. Mates should be facilitated from other zoos for the birds and a single black buck kept solitary or the creatures should be handed over to zoos with available mates.
A transit rescue centre should also be developed here. Wildlife Institute of India, Department of Landscape Level Planning and Management professor PC Tyagi, Dehradun divisional forest officer Sushant Patnaik and Corbett National Park deputy director Saket Badola were also present during the inspection.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Bunds save erosion-prone hillock 07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- K’pada HIV-hit widow yet to get IAY house 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- R’gada CRPF Swachchh drive shows the way 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nurse suspended for ‘killing’ pregnant woman at Baripada 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parala MLA to stage fast on October 13 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Declassify files on Subhas, Jayaprakash, PM urged 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- B’swar NH normal as truckers call off stir 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Child theft rumour: Five beaten cruelly in J’suguda 07 Oct 2015 | RAJKUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman’s body found at JSpur rail line 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Demand for RDC branch at Jeypore mounts 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | BHUBANESWAR
A lush green hillock, where fast soil erosion was posing a threat to its very existence, was given a fresh leash of life, thanks to nearly a dozen of stone bunds raised at the vulnerable points near the foothill in Dhenkanal district. The hillock in the Dhenkanal-Keonjhar border along Garhpalasuni-Pangatira road under Mahabiroad forest range would have perished within a few years like any other of its ilk in the vicinity...
We need to rise above these kinds of incidents (Dadri lynching) because they don't give a good name to the country.
Every superstar has some insecurity. That is why a superstar is in search of new subjects. Insecurity is everywhere.
We are keeping an eye on hate-mongers. They orchestrated riots in Muzaffarnagar and are trying it in other parts of the State.