- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Inspection at Malsi Deer Park following irregularity plaints
The Central Zoo Authority has directed the State Forest Department to prepare a landscape level plan for Malsi Deer Park in a month and implement the same within six months, failing which the mini-zoo will be closed to the public.
Taking cognisance of the complaints of irregularities in the management of the park, CZA member secretary BS Bonal inspected the mini-zoo and issued guidelines for developing it in to a State-level zoo with separate sections for birds, carnivores, herbivores and orchids.
According to the Rajaji National Park, director SP Subudhi, the CZA member secretary visited the deer park after which officials attended a meeting to discuss pertinent issues. An elaborate landscape level plan will be drafted and implemented to develop Malsi into a State-level zoo as unlike many other States, Uttarakhand did not have a State-level zoo in its Capital.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi who was also present during the inspection said that the CZA has directed the department to release pigeons, guinea fowl and kites with sound wings. Mates should be facilitated from other zoos for the birds and a single black buck kept solitary or the creatures should be handed over to zoos with available mates.
A transit rescue centre should also be developed here. Wildlife Institute of India, Department of Landscape Level Planning and Management professor PC Tyagi, Dehradun divisional forest officer Sushant Patnaik and Corbett National Park deputy director Saket Badola were also present during the inspection.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP-BJD face-off over refinery hots up 06 Feb 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- 5 major city parks to get open air gyms 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State for early announcement of NINIE 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Denizens join hands with BMC, clean city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State’s support has made refinery possible: BJD 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD Government’s incentive withdrawal delayed refinery’ 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mahapatra chief dir of movie on Paika Vidroh 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Indian origin Canada national detained 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NSD to bring Bharat Rang Mahotsav to city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Seashore dir Prabhat’s bail plea rejected 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
31 Jan 2016 | Gautam Chintamani
The Indians are coming! From Kunal Nayyar to Priyanka Chopra to Aziz Ansari, Gautam Chintamani explains how the golden age of Indian or even Asian portrayal on American television may have irrevocably arrived In an episode of the television show Master of None titled ‘Indians on TV’, Aziz Ansari, the well-known American actor and comedian, who also happens to be the creator of the show, succinctly summed up the state of....
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.