- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Inspection at Malsi Deer Park following irregularity plaints
The Central Zoo Authority has directed the State Forest Department to prepare a landscape level plan for Malsi Deer Park in a month and implement the same within six months, failing which the mini-zoo will be closed to the public.
Taking cognisance of the complaints of irregularities in the management of the park, CZA member secretary BS Bonal inspected the mini-zoo and issued guidelines for developing it in to a State-level zoo with separate sections for birds, carnivores, herbivores and orchids.
According to the Rajaji National Park, director SP Subudhi, the CZA member secretary visited the deer park after which officials attended a meeting to discuss pertinent issues. An elaborate landscape level plan will be drafted and implemented to develop Malsi into a State-level zoo as unlike many other States, Uttarakhand did not have a State-level zoo in its Capital.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi who was also present during the inspection said that the CZA has directed the department to release pigeons, guinea fowl and kites with sound wings. Mates should be facilitated from other zoos for the birds and a single black buck kept solitary or the creatures should be handed over to zoos with available mates.
A transit rescue centre should also be developed here. Wildlife Institute of India, Department of Landscape Level Planning and Management professor PC Tyagi, Dehradun divisional forest officer Sushant Patnaik and Corbett National Park deputy director Saket Badola were also present during the inspection.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party further deepens 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Udayveer Singh expelled from Samajwadi Party 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP state executive held first meet under Shivpal Yadav 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Prajapati gets relief once again 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt reshuffles seven bureaucrats 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Real fight will be among BSP and BJP in coming Polls claims Satish Mishra 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- The conundrum of communalism 23 Oct 2016 | Romit Bagchi | in Dehradun
- Atanu’s ouster opens BJD’s pandora’s box 23 Oct 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- Rourkela scrap trader shot dead 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Fire: Close shave for Habisiyalis in Puri 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!