- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Inspection at Malsi Deer Park following irregularity plaints
The Central Zoo Authority has directed the State Forest Department to prepare a landscape level plan for Malsi Deer Park in a month and implement the same within six months, failing which the mini-zoo will be closed to the public.
Taking cognisance of the complaints of irregularities in the management of the park, CZA member secretary BS Bonal inspected the mini-zoo and issued guidelines for developing it in to a State-level zoo with separate sections for birds, carnivores, herbivores and orchids.
According to the Rajaji National Park, director SP Subudhi, the CZA member secretary visited the deer park after which officials attended a meeting to discuss pertinent issues. An elaborate landscape level plan will be drafted and implemented to develop Malsi into a State-level zoo as unlike many other States, Uttarakhand did not have a State-level zoo in its Capital.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi who was also present during the inspection said that the CZA has directed the department to release pigeons, guinea fowl and kites with sound wings. Mates should be facilitated from other zoos for the birds and a single black buck kept solitary or the creatures should be handed over to zoos with available mates.
A transit rescue centre should also be developed here. Wildlife Institute of India, Department of Landscape Level Planning and Management professor PC Tyagi, Dehradun divisional forest officer Sushant Patnaik and Corbett National Park deputy director Saket Badola were also present during the inspection.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- C’garh Govt to monitor projects using advanced software 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Addl 14,140 MW of power gen in C’garh by March’22: CEA 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- GSECL to start mining work in Gare Pelma-I block soon 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC to set up mega ‘Steel Loading Platform’ at Nagarnar 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Police informer’ shot at by Maoists in Sukma district 27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Srabani too books Rio berth; State rejoices 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State urges Centre to allocate more IPS 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Madhubabu’s daughter country’s first woman lawyer’ 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 10-year-old Meghali makes it to India Book of Records 27 Jun 2016 | PNN | in Bhubaneswar
- Child rights body suggests Govt for ‘serious introspection’ 27 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Earlier, chhatrapati (king) appointed peshwas (prime minister). In Rajya Sabha nomination of Sambhaji Raje (a Maratha royal), peshwas have appointed a chhatrapati.
There's no bigger enemy of an artist than his fans. If you fall for the expectations of your fans, you’ll never grow. I don't give a damn about fans.
I've done all I can. I've been in four finals and it hurts not to be a champion. It's a hard moment for me and the team, and it's difficult to say, but it's over with the Argentina team.