- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Leopard declared man-eater, finally
The leopard that killed a woman in Barsu village of Ekeshwar block in Pauri district was declared a man-eater after four days of the incidents on Thursday. On Thursday evening, the leopard killed an 11-year old girl of Binjoli village in Ekeshwar block, taking the human toll to two in four days. Locals point out that it is after a gap of 22 years that a leopard has killed humans in this block.
Garhwal divisional forest officer Raj Mani Pandey told The Pioneer that hunter Joy Hukel has been deployed in the Barsu village area while a second hunter from Chamoli will reach the area soon.
The leopard killed the girl in Binjoli when she was playing with her friends. The leopard lifted the girl and ran away. On hearing the screams of her friends, villagers went after the leopard and found the girl’s partially eaten body.
The villagers believe that had the leopard been declared a man-eater earlier, the girl might not have been killed in Binjoli which is 15 kms away from Barsu.
- Adiyanath asks party workers not to opt contractual work 27 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM holds janta darbar program inside Gorakhpur temple premises 27 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Dara Singh Chauhan seeks report from officials on lion safari project 27 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Nationwide outcry against CM over slaughter house crackdown 27 Mar 2017 | pns | in Lucknow
- Naveen has a busy day, disproves he is unwell 27 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- D’nal Station Master hit by train, dies 27 Mar 2017 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Rudy hails BJP show in rural polls 27 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Weeklyroundups 27 Mar 2017 | Baidyanath Mishra | in Bhubaneswar
- CM lays stone for slew of OUAT projects 27 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Bharat Ratna for KC Gajapati demanded 27 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar