- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Leopard declared man-eater, finally
The leopard that killed a woman in Barsu village of Ekeshwar block in Pauri district was declared a man-eater after four days of the incidents on Thursday. On Thursday evening, the leopard killed an 11-year old girl of Binjoli village in Ekeshwar block, taking the human toll to two in four days. Locals point out that it is after a gap of 22 years that a leopard has killed humans in this block.
Garhwal divisional forest officer Raj Mani Pandey told The Pioneer that hunter Joy Hukel has been deployed in the Barsu village area while a second hunter from Chamoli will reach the area soon.
The leopard killed the girl in Binjoli when she was playing with her friends. The leopard lifted the girl and ran away. On hearing the screams of her friends, villagers went after the leopard and found the girl’s partially eaten body.
The villagers believe that had the leopard been declared a man-eater earlier, the girl might not have been killed in Binjoli which is 15 kms away from Barsu.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- EC makes elaborate security arrangements for forth phase of UP Polls 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Party belongs to MSY says Azamgarh SP chief 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Will not campaign for Congress: Shivpal 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Elect BJP to wave off loan of farmers: Uma Bharti 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM Modi likely to address rally in Amethi 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP slams BJP, SP and Congress 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- People Supporting SP-Cong alliance in big way: Lalu Yadav 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DPR soon for broad guage rly track 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- DMC to treat, reuse waste water in Durg 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- DPSR holds model ‘Youth Parliament’ 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
It is shocking to know that anti-national and anti-social elements are preferred over the martyrs by the (State) Government.
When I was flying to New York recently I was wearing a headscarf. I was racially profiled at the airport for the first time.
President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Modi together are the worst enemies of terrorists. The two are committed nationalists.