Leopard declared man-eater, finally
The leopard that killed a woman in Barsu village of Ekeshwar block in Pauri district was declared a man-eater after four days of the incidents on Thursday. On Thursday evening, the leopard killed an 11-year old girl of Binjoli village in Ekeshwar block, taking the human toll to two in four days. Locals point out that it is after a gap of 22 years that a leopard has killed humans in this block.
Garhwal divisional forest officer Raj Mani Pandey told The Pioneer that hunter Joy Hukel has been deployed in the Barsu village area while a second hunter from Chamoli will reach the area soon.
The leopard killed the girl in Binjoli when she was playing with her friends. The leopard lifted the girl and ran away. On hearing the screams of her friends, villagers went after the leopard and found the girl’s partially eaten body.
The villagers believe that had the leopard been declared a man-eater earlier, the girl might not have been killed in Binjoli which is 15 kms away from Barsu.
- DGP lauds Seema on retirement 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM asks works dept to set goals of quality work 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rehab is on, Govt gives facts and figures 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- MIT, MP Police ink MoU at CM house 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 2 lakh families displaced on PM‚Äôs cue: Ajay 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 34 protesting Congress legislators detained 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Dipatoli Cantonment celebrates 18th Kargil Vijay Diwas 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Heavy rain leaves trail of destruction in Bokaro 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Post rain power pangs irk residents 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi