- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Leopard declared man-eater, finally
The leopard that killed a woman in Barsu village of Ekeshwar block in Pauri district was declared a man-eater after four days of the incidents on Thursday. On Thursday evening, the leopard killed an 11-year old girl of Binjoli village in Ekeshwar block, taking the human toll to two in four days. Locals point out that it is after a gap of 22 years that a leopard has killed humans in this block.
Garhwal divisional forest officer Raj Mani Pandey told The Pioneer that hunter Joy Hukel has been deployed in the Barsu village area while a second hunter from Chamoli will reach the area soon.
The leopard killed the girl in Binjoli when she was playing with her friends. The leopard lifted the girl and ran away. On hearing the screams of her friends, villagers went after the leopard and found the girl’s partially eaten body.
The villagers believe that had the leopard been declared a man-eater earlier, the girl might not have been killed in Binjoli which is 15 kms away from Barsu.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Smart classrooms for 25 Govt schools 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Community policing programme held for youth 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Raipur
- 28 Raipur villages to get clean, safe drinking water 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NTPC to seek insurance cover for transformer package 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- PCC chief assures victory of party in Panchayat polls 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PhD holders for guest postings like Delhi, Haryana 30 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Dehradun
- Theft on Srinagar-Bughani road; jewellery worth about `3L seized 30 Nov 2015 | GP Semwal | in Dehradun
- Pauri dist SP orders to solve pending crime cases soon 30 Nov 2015 | GP Semwal | in Dehradun
- Various competitions held on second day of Utsav-15 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt to preserve ancient manuscripts, scriptures 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
I don't know why there is so much hype about the pitch. People sitting in other countries are talking of Indian pitches.
Smita Patil was a chameleon. She could be a part of the story without your thinking about it.
Europe cannot accept all the refugees coming from Syria. That's why we need a diplomatic, military and political solution.