Leopard declared man-eater, finally
The leopard that killed a woman in Barsu village of Ekeshwar block in Pauri district was declared a man-eater after four days of the incidents on Thursday. On Thursday evening, the leopard killed an 11-year old girl of Binjoli village in Ekeshwar block, taking the human toll to two in four days. Locals point out that it is after a gap of 22 years that a leopard has killed humans in this block.
Garhwal divisional forest officer Raj Mani Pandey told The Pioneer that hunter Joy Hukel has been deployed in the Barsu village area while a second hunter from Chamoli will reach the area soon.
The leopard killed the girl in Binjoli when she was playing with her friends. The leopard lifted the girl and ran away. On hearing the screams of her friends, villagers went after the leopard and found the girl’s partially eaten body.
The villagers believe that had the leopard been declared a man-eater earlier, the girl might not have been killed in Binjoli which is 15 kms away from Barsu.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun