- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Leopard declared man-eater, finally
The leopard that killed a woman in Barsu village of Ekeshwar block in Pauri district was declared a man-eater after four days of the incidents on Thursday. On Thursday evening, the leopard killed an 11-year old girl of Binjoli village in Ekeshwar block, taking the human toll to two in four days. Locals point out that it is after a gap of 22 years that a leopard has killed humans in this block.
Garhwal divisional forest officer Raj Mani Pandey told The Pioneer that hunter Joy Hukel has been deployed in the Barsu village area while a second hunter from Chamoli will reach the area soon.
The leopard killed the girl in Binjoli when she was playing with her friends. The leopard lifted the girl and ran away. On hearing the screams of her friends, villagers went after the leopard and found the girl’s partially eaten body.
The villagers believe that had the leopard been declared a man-eater earlier, the girl might not have been killed in Binjoli which is 15 kms away from Barsu.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM to keep RLD away from SP-Cong loop 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Party feud still persists : Shivpal Singh Yadav 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 12 killed, 35 injured after school bus collided with truck 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Atiq Ahmed quits SP; decides not to contest assembly polls 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC likely replace DGP and other officials 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC to give special passes to PC voters 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Second phase of polling in 67 Assembly segments to be issued on Friday 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati asks Smriti to make her education qualification public 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Priyanka decides not to campaign for Party in upcoming Assembly polls 20 Jan 2017 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- Puri murder: Police take accused on remand 20 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
We will take steps with the backing of the Centre (on Jallikattu). You will soon see (the steps). Wait, good will happen.
I think it is in America's interest and the world's interest that we have a constructive relationship with Russia.
JLF's popularity has spread like wildfire and has resulted in the birth of other copycat festivals, which is also a good thing.