- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
‘Lists for teachers’ transfer to be released soon’
Demanding rectification in categorisation of schools located in the most accessible, accessible, inaccessible and most inaccessible areas drafted by the education department, dozens of teachers led by Uttarakhand Government Teacher Union Dehradun district president Narendra Singh Bisht protested at education directorate and submitted a memorandum to school education director Anil Kumar Negi on Wednesday.
However, Negi said that the education officers have already been directed to rectify teachers’ complaints regarding their teaching experience mentioned in the education department website www.edu.hiesys.com.
“The list of 15 per cent of the total teachers who are eligible for transfer from accessible area to inaccessible area and 10 per cent from inaccessible area to accessible area under Uttarakhand Teacher Transfer Policy will be released between June 6 and June 10 at Garhwal and Kumaon division and district level in the State,” Negi said.
Dozens of teachers led by Bisht reached the directorate and shouted slogans against State Government. According to Bisht, there are major errors in categorisation of schools based on 70 features like school’s distance from roads, altitude, transport facility, medical facility, bank and post office facility, commercial centre, local market, telephone facility, water supply, electricity and hostel facility among other features.
He demanded that the department officers should depute officers for the rectification of categorisation of schools and in the mean time, those teachers who worked in the schools located in the most inaccessible areas for more than 20 years should be transferred without delay and vacant posts in those schools should be filled with new appointments.
“We will intensify protest across the state, if education department fails to address their demands," he warned.
Negi said that office bearers of the association met him and pointed out errors in the categorisation of these schools like Government Inter College, Raipur, GIC Hamirawala, High School Ramnagar-I (Udham Singh Nagar) and others whereas these schools were correctly categorised.
In the meeting, their doubts regarding categorisation of schools were cleared. “The department will be able to release its first list of teachers transfer under Uttarakhand Teacher Transfer Policy by June 20 this year, Negi reiterated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Issue clear orders in favour of pensioners: HRC to Govt 19 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akhilesh revokes expulsion of leaders, sacked by Shivpal Yadav 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘WiIl contest elections’ says Shivpal Yadav 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Sangeet Som booked for violation of election model code 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Allahabad HC asks EC to decide on BSP deposit of Rs140cr in bank in December 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CEC to visit Lucknow to review poll preparations for UP Polls 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP played drama to hide tainted state Govt: Maurya 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 9 nominations filed on second day of first phase of UP polls 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation: Congress workers detained for trying to gherao RBI office 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Congress protest on demonetisation a flop show: BJP 19 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
The US has an extraordinarily complicated relationship, particularly when it comes to national security with Pakistan.
I don't have any interest in going to the US and working there. I am totally interested in working for Indian films.
Sunil Grover is pretty sober. He has overdone (prankster bit) so much that people might find his normal self different.