- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
‘Lists for teachers’ transfer to be released soon’
Demanding rectification in categorisation of schools located in the most accessible, accessible, inaccessible and most inaccessible areas drafted by the education department, dozens of teachers led by Uttarakhand Government Teacher Union Dehradun district president Narendra Singh Bisht protested at education directorate and submitted a memorandum to school education director Anil Kumar Negi on Wednesday.
However, Negi said that the education officers have already been directed to rectify teachers’ complaints regarding their teaching experience mentioned in the education department website www.edu.hiesys.com.
“The list of 15 per cent of the total teachers who are eligible for transfer from accessible area to inaccessible area and 10 per cent from inaccessible area to accessible area under Uttarakhand Teacher Transfer Policy will be released between June 6 and June 10 at Garhwal and Kumaon division and district level in the State,” Negi said.
Dozens of teachers led by Bisht reached the directorate and shouted slogans against State Government. According to Bisht, there are major errors in categorisation of schools based on 70 features like school’s distance from roads, altitude, transport facility, medical facility, bank and post office facility, commercial centre, local market, telephone facility, water supply, electricity and hostel facility among other features.
He demanded that the department officers should depute officers for the rectification of categorisation of schools and in the mean time, those teachers who worked in the schools located in the most inaccessible areas for more than 20 years should be transferred without delay and vacant posts in those schools should be filled with new appointments.
“We will intensify protest across the state, if education department fails to address their demands," he warned.
Negi said that office bearers of the association met him and pointed out errors in the categorisation of these schools like Government Inter College, Raipur, GIC Hamirawala, High School Ramnagar-I (Udham Singh Nagar) and others whereas these schools were correctly categorised.
In the meeting, their doubts regarding categorisation of schools were cleared. “The department will be able to release its first list of teachers transfer under Uttarakhand Teacher Transfer Policy by June 20 this year, Negi reiterated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- No need for extra funds this fiscal 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- No intention to hurt people of UP & Bihar: Naik 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP fails to improve state’s conditon: Bajpai 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mehrotra files case agst singh 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Social activists writes to usaman seeking imp info 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fresh bout of unrest in B'pur Varsity 26 Nov 2015 | KRUSHNA CHANDRA PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal sand lifting rampant in Birupa 26 Nov 2015 | JYOTIRANJAN RAJARAM PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Paradip Port to handle 100 MTPA in 3 years 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parts of M'giri hit by Maoist bandh 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19 rare turtles in illegal confinement rescued 26 Nov 2015 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Hugging Lalu Prasad is not okay. It's good that I left Arvind's company, or else I would also be facing a similar predicament.
Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Anil Kapoor are doing television. It shows the medium is not small.
Some people are raking up the intolerance issue to thwart our chances of getting permanent membership of UNSC.