- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Literary extravaganza all set to begin in Doon
A literature and arts festival on a grand scale is being held in the Doon valley for the first time and has been long awaited by the people of Dehradun and its surrounding cities.
To be inaugurated by Uttarakhand Governor Krishan Kant Paul on November 17, the festival will feature around seventy sessions which will cover many genres of literature -fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, poetry (English, Hindi and Urdu), environment related works and others.
This festival will bring together the best writers ,critics and listeners from the world of poetry and also writing for young adults, storytellers ,bloggers, puppeteers ,painters and photographers from across the world to Dehradun. Academicians, bureaucrats, corporate leaders, grassroots activists, judges, military strategists, doctors (who are also authors), students and teachers will gather for three days in the valley at "Valley of Words"(VOW).
VOW organisers believe that literature and art have the potential of engaging people of all ages, especially students and youth, to look beyond the immediate, to place facts in perspective and engage in lateral thinking.
Sessions include those titled "Remembering Shivani", "Indira Gandhi: A Life in nature", "With malice Towards None:Remembering Khushwant", "Husn-e-Ghazal", " Hindi ka Vartman aur Bhavishya", "Yuva Lekhan", "Uttarakhand ka Sahityik Paridrishya", "Green Ink-New Authors", " Medical Encounters: A conversation with doctor/author Dr.S.K.Jindal", "Law and Literature ", " India through the Eyes of History, Mystery and Mythology" , "Revolutionary Poetry in Urdu" and "the Civil Servant as a Writer".
A Philately Exhibition, a photography exhibition and crafts expo will be an important part of this three-day vibrant event.Participants of the photography exhibition include Ashok Dilwali, Anup Sah, Threesh Kapoor, DD.Mishra, Bhumesh Bharti and Deepankar Aron.
The Philately exhibition will portray Uttarakhand through philatelic material. It is divided into pre-independence and post-independence sections.The chief guest at the valedictory ceremony of VOW on November 19 will be Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat.
This colourful and intellectually stimulating event will surely set the trend for more such festivals in various parts of the hill state and bring it on the national and international literary event maps .VOW is being organised by The Shivalik Hills Foundation Trust.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal