Lokayukta bill is property of Assembly: Kaushik
The Lokayukta bill is the property of the Assembly as it is with its select committee and necessary action would be taken after a study on it. The Cabinet Minister and Government spokesperson Madan Kaushik said this while responding to a question on Government’s plan on Lokayukta at a press conference on Friday.
When the Minister was reminded that the Supreme Court (SC) has directed the State Government to introduce Lokayukta within three months, the Minister said that he has not read the exact court order. On the compensation fiasco involving the family of the transporter Prakash Pandey, the minister refrained from giving any reply.
He merely said that the unfortunate suicide of transporter is very sensitive issue and everyone including the opposition Congress party should not incite sentiments.
He said that the office of Chief Minister has received six to seven such calls recently where the callers have threatened to end their lives.
The Minister added that wrong precedents should not be set. In what is being termed as an embarrassment for the government a compensation of Rs 12 lakh was declared by the District Administration while the state government did not acknowledge any such permission.
When the minister was informed that no action was not taken against the doctor whose negligence resulted in birth of a ‘Down Syndrome’ child in Dehradun despite repeated complaints of the parents, he said that the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Dehradun had conducted an inquiry on the issue and indicted the doctor.
It is worth mentioning here that the harassed parents have brought their pleas before many Minsters at Janata Milan programmes at State BJP office. Kaushik assured that he will take cognisance of the issue.
- Uplift the tribals, protecting their customs: Das 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Renowned Mussoorie-born Author Anita Desai turns 81 25 Jun 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Two hours of rain disrupts routine life in Nainital 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Anomalies fuel traffic jams in Nainital 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One injured as clash erupts among youth at Kaliasot dam 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kumaoni Ramleela enthralls Almora at Crankfest'18 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Valuables of Rs 75,000 burgled at Krishna Dham Colony 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Dalit beaten by Sarpanch in Tikamgarh 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BJP not ready to discuss no-trust motion: Nath 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP honoured as best State for agriculture production 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal