- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
MAD activists reach Rispana bridge to raise public awareness
A large number of youngsters rallied uner the banner of local student activist group Making a Difference by Being the Difference (MAD) on Rispana bridge here on Sunday evening as a part of the Rispana Returns programme. The pocket money funded student activist group has been at the forefront of the campaign to rejuvenate Rispana river since 2011. This activity was planned to connect youngsters to the ongoing efforts to rejuvenate the river.
The youngsters reached Rispana bridge around 4 pm and soon started performing a flash mob on one lane of the bridge. Traffic was diverted for one of the lanes for fifteen minutes- as MAD members had taken prior permission for the event from the local police and city magistrate. Students danced on folk songs and pro-environmental songs. Then an appeal was made to all passers by and those who had come for the event to join the youngsters below the Rispana bridge as some members conducted a clean up-drive, some staged a street play and some others joined the team for a short walk on Rispana river.
Residents of Rispana Nagar gave an enthusiastic response to this first of its kind event to attract attention and encourage public participation to clean and rejuvenate the river. Many people who were going to travel to other cities also joined in and appreciated the efforts- that usually are restricted to malls and posh areas.
On the occasion, the group also announced that it will conduct Dehradun's largest youth mobilisation for a social cause on June 3 during the Madathon- to generate more participants in actual efforts to revive Doon's dying streams. The group’s founding president Abhijay Negi, Karan Kapoor, Shardul Aswal, Shreya Singh Rohilla, Jahanvi, Subhavi, Vijay Pratap Singh and other members were present on the occasion.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar