- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Mercury drops further, cold spell continues
The level of mercury keeps plummeting across Uttarakhand with many parts of the mountainous regions shivering under sub-zero cold at higher altitudes. In Dehradun, the minimum temperature dipped down to 2.9 degree Celsius on Tuesday. Another spell of snow and rain approaching, the weather might become colder in the coming days, say the meteorological centre officials, adding that rain/snow is likely after January 14. In the provisional state capital Dehradun, the elderly are choosing to keep indoors particularly after the evening descends. Traffic is thinning on the roads especially during the night hours. People are being found flocking around fire to beat the biting cold. The department officials said that the minimum temperature would dip further on Wednesday to settle at 2 degree Celsius. The lowest minimum temperature of the state -2.2 °C was recorded at Mukteshwar in Nainital district on Tuesday.
In Dehradun, while the maximum17 degree was 2 degree below the normal the minimum 2.9 degree was 3 degree below the normal on Wednesday. The weather condition showed a trend which was more of less similar in all the districts of the state. The maximum and minimum temperatures were recorded at 4.2ºC (eight degrees below the normal) and -2.2ºC (four degrees below the normal) at Mukteshwar and 18.4ºC (one degree above the normal) and 1.2ºC (four degrees below the normal) in Pantnagar. In Tehri district, maximum temperature was reported to be 8.0 ºC while minimum was -1.2ºC,” said the meteorological centre director Bikram Singh.
Singh further said that ground frost is likely to occur at a few places in Uttarakhand during the next two days in the morning/night hours. “It snowed and rained at the high altitude places, including Mussoorie and Dhanaulti, on Tuesday. This weather condition is due to western disturbances. Another spell of rain/snow is likely to be experienced in the state on January 15 due to the same western disturbances,” he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Left draw mega campaign strategy for UP poll 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP release first list of 191 candidates for Assembly poll 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC issues notification for second phase polling 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD to fight alone: declare list of 8 candidates 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Both SP-Cong flexing muscles to capture more seats 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ramdas Athawale announce to contest for 200 seats 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP identifies 40 leaders as star campaigner for Assembly poll 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Haryana to empower Panchayati Raj institutions 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cold conditions continues in most parts of Punjab, Haryana 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana issue guidelines on bogus institutions 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
I want to personally thank Obama (and Michelle) for changing my life. His courage and compassion created equality for everyone.
My father has care and concern for others. You can’t control the world; you can only control your reaction.
Virat (Kohli) has showed a lot of trust in me and it was very important for me that people in the dressing room trust me.