- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Mercury drops further, cold spell continues
The level of mercury keeps plummeting across Uttarakhand with many parts of the mountainous regions shivering under sub-zero cold at higher altitudes. In Dehradun, the minimum temperature dipped down to 2.9 degree Celsius on Tuesday. Another spell of snow and rain approaching, the weather might become colder in the coming days, say the meteorological centre officials, adding that rain/snow is likely after January 14. In the provisional state capital Dehradun, the elderly are choosing to keep indoors particularly after the evening descends. Traffic is thinning on the roads especially during the night hours. People are being found flocking around fire to beat the biting cold. The department officials said that the minimum temperature would dip further on Wednesday to settle at 2 degree Celsius. The lowest minimum temperature of the state -2.2 °C was recorded at Mukteshwar in Nainital district on Tuesday.
In Dehradun, while the maximum17 degree was 2 degree below the normal the minimum 2.9 degree was 3 degree below the normal on Wednesday. The weather condition showed a trend which was more of less similar in all the districts of the state. The maximum and minimum temperatures were recorded at 4.2ºC (eight degrees below the normal) and -2.2ºC (four degrees below the normal) at Mukteshwar and 18.4ºC (one degree above the normal) and 1.2ºC (four degrees below the normal) in Pantnagar. In Tehri district, maximum temperature was reported to be 8.0 ºC while minimum was -1.2ºC,” said the meteorological centre director Bikram Singh.
Singh further said that ground frost is likely to occur at a few places in Uttarakhand during the next two days in the morning/night hours. “It snowed and rained at the high altitude places, including Mussoorie and Dhanaulti, on Tuesday. This weather condition is due to western disturbances. Another spell of rain/snow is likely to be experienced in the state on January 15 due to the same western disturbances,” he added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- High time Block Grant replaced with GIA 27 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Road mishap fatality on the rise in Odisha now 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NKS to expose Rs 5K-crore ‘loot’ tomorrow 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weeklyroundups 27 Feb 2017 | Baidyanath Mishra | in Bhubaneswar
- Minister Rajen Gohain to visit ECoR today 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig arrests Khariar DFO in graft case 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State gets Rs 43.29-cr rev from two ports 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Omfed plant closure to hit 2.70L farmers 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man thrashes mother to death in city 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man falls victim of own plan to kill another 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
She (Mayawati) can enter into an understanding with the BJP anytime. Actually she is helping the BJP. One must be careful.
Look at the vast range of roles portrayed by Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep or Halley Berry. Their works are my inspiration.
You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what happened in Sweden. They took in large numbers (immigrants).