- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Mussoorie Winterline carnival from Dec 27
The Mussoorie Winterline carnival will be held from December 27 to 30. Various committees were formed to facilitate the smooth organisation of this fest at a meeting chaired by the Dehradun District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam on Thursday.
The DM informed that the Mussoorie Winter Line festival is slated to be inaugurated by the Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna at the Survey Ground in Mussoorie on December 27. Hoping that tourists from various parts of India and abroad would visit Mussoorie during this festival, the DM also requested the Mussoorie municipality chairman Manmohan Mall to also hold meetings at his level to ensure that tourists arrive in the queen of hills in large numbers during this fest so that other tourist spots of the State could also receive much needed boost to tourism.
The Indian Military Academy band will perform during the inauguration of the festival while cultural troupes from parts of Uttarakhand and other States will also perform. Various other cultural programmes will also be held on the occasion. On December 28, Mussoorie heritage walk circuit, mountain biking and cycling, run for Mussoorie, rock climbing and a cultural evening will be organised.
On December 29 various programmes will be held from 10 AM to 10 PM including photography competition and a cultural evening while the events planned on December 30 will include a vintage car rally from Mussoorie to Rishikesh via Chamba, painting competition, magic show and other programmes, said Purushottam.
He also directed officials to ensure adequate parking space for the convenience of visiting tourists. Various committees formed at the meeting include the fund raising committee comprising the DM, chief development officer, ADM (Finance/Revenue),Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board member, the finance committee comprising Mussoorie municipality chairman, Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority secretary, Dehradun chief treasury officer, regional tourism officer, SDM Mussoorie and Mussoorie municipality executive officer.
Other committees were also formed to ensure proper organisation of the Mussoorie winter line festival.
- Max Hospital initiates regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Medical education dept gears up for admissions under State quota 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Bagasse made plates, bowls better option for plastic and themocol’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon hospital’s dept suffers due to lack of radiologists 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- EC disqualifies Narottam Mishra 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- PCC chief slams Rawat Govt on 100-day eve 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rawat Govt’s 100 days in office with key achievements 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sports 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Youth dies in lightning in Keonjhar 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 33 DAV CSpur students get top NEET ranks 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar