- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Mussoorie Winterline carnival from Dec 27
The Mussoorie Winterline carnival will be held from December 27 to 30. Various committees were formed to facilitate the smooth organisation of this fest at a meeting chaired by the Dehradun District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam on Thursday.
The DM informed that the Mussoorie Winter Line festival is slated to be inaugurated by the Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna at the Survey Ground in Mussoorie on December 27. Hoping that tourists from various parts of India and abroad would visit Mussoorie during this festival, the DM also requested the Mussoorie municipality chairman Manmohan Mall to also hold meetings at his level to ensure that tourists arrive in the queen of hills in large numbers during this fest so that other tourist spots of the State could also receive much needed boost to tourism.
The Indian Military Academy band will perform during the inauguration of the festival while cultural troupes from parts of Uttarakhand and other States will also perform. Various other cultural programmes will also be held on the occasion. On December 28, Mussoorie heritage walk circuit, mountain biking and cycling, run for Mussoorie, rock climbing and a cultural evening will be organised.
On December 29 various programmes will be held from 10 AM to 10 PM including photography competition and a cultural evening while the events planned on December 30 will include a vintage car rally from Mussoorie to Rishikesh via Chamba, painting competition, magic show and other programmes, said Purushottam.
He also directed officials to ensure adequate parking space for the convenience of visiting tourists. Various committees formed at the meeting include the fund raising committee comprising the DM, chief development officer, ADM (Finance/Revenue),Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board member, the finance committee comprising Mussoorie municipality chairman, Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority secretary, Dehradun chief treasury officer, regional tourism officer, SDM Mussoorie and Mussoorie municipality executive officer.
Other committees were also formed to ensure proper organisation of the Mussoorie winter line festival.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ramesh Jena’s aide Jitu injured in encounter 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pvt school defies Govt closure notice 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mashal Yatra evokes huge response across State 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Young singers enthral audience despite congenital disorders 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rotavirus claims 40% diarrhoea deaths of Indian kids 30 Apr 2016 | ARABINDA MOHANTY | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal structures near rly workshop razed 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 40% posts in 3 Govt med colleges vacant 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 924 die of kidney failure; 1,484 in AIDS 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subroto Bagchi to head Skill Dev Authority 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 55 industry proposals cleared via SLSWCA 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
While customs and rituals should change in accordance with time, those having faith in the religion should be the ones who decide the matter.
Working with Salman was surreal. I learnt so much by just observing him. He has no starry attitude, he lets his guard down and is playful.
While Islamabad has repeatedly urged Delhi to resume the comprehensive peace process, India has instead signalled it is only interested in talking about terrorism.