- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Mussoorie Winterline carnival from Dec 27
The Mussoorie Winterline carnival will be held from December 27 to 30. Various committees were formed to facilitate the smooth organisation of this fest at a meeting chaired by the Dehradun District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam on Thursday.
The DM informed that the Mussoorie Winter Line festival is slated to be inaugurated by the Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna at the Survey Ground in Mussoorie on December 27. Hoping that tourists from various parts of India and abroad would visit Mussoorie during this festival, the DM also requested the Mussoorie municipality chairman Manmohan Mall to also hold meetings at his level to ensure that tourists arrive in the queen of hills in large numbers during this fest so that other tourist spots of the State could also receive much needed boost to tourism.
The Indian Military Academy band will perform during the inauguration of the festival while cultural troupes from parts of Uttarakhand and other States will also perform. Various other cultural programmes will also be held on the occasion. On December 28, Mussoorie heritage walk circuit, mountain biking and cycling, run for Mussoorie, rock climbing and a cultural evening will be organised.
On December 29 various programmes will be held from 10 AM to 10 PM including photography competition and a cultural evening while the events planned on December 30 will include a vintage car rally from Mussoorie to Rishikesh via Chamba, painting competition, magic show and other programmes, said Purushottam.
He also directed officials to ensure adequate parking space for the convenience of visiting tourists. Various committees formed at the meeting include the fund raising committee comprising the DM, chief development officer, ADM (Finance/Revenue),Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board member, the finance committee comprising Mussoorie municipality chairman, Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority secretary, Dehradun chief treasury officer, regional tourism officer, SDM Mussoorie and Mussoorie municipality executive officer.
Other committees were also formed to ensure proper organisation of the Mussoorie winter line festival.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Raman launches ‘Hamar Chhattisgarh’ project amid much fanfare 02 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Dandakaranya Battalion’ for C’garh: CM 02 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Ranchi
- National Conclave on ‘Mines and Minerals’ in city from July 4 02 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Sulakshan Kulkarni is Head Coach of C’garh cricket team : CSCS 02 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CRPF trooper allegedly commits suicide 02 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Odisha’s gross irrigated area dips 02 Jul 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- Ex-M’bhanj DCC chief held for ransacking DM office 02 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pradip Majhi, supporter granted bail 02 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odia Swabhiman meet in Kolkata on July 31 02 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Religious place defiled in Jajpur district 02 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Indigenously developed Tejas fighter jet inducted into Air Force. Tejas will take our air strength to new heights.
If our (women-centric) films are watched more then things will change. It has started happening the more it happens the better.
Brexit has created uncertainty. We believe this is likely to dampen growth in the near term, particularly in the UK, but with repercussions also for Europe and the global economy.