- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Mussoorie Winterline carnival from Dec 27
The Mussoorie Winterline carnival will be held from December 27 to 30. Various committees were formed to facilitate the smooth organisation of this fest at a meeting chaired by the Dehradun District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam on Thursday.
The DM informed that the Mussoorie Winter Line festival is slated to be inaugurated by the Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna at the Survey Ground in Mussoorie on December 27. Hoping that tourists from various parts of India and abroad would visit Mussoorie during this festival, the DM also requested the Mussoorie municipality chairman Manmohan Mall to also hold meetings at his level to ensure that tourists arrive in the queen of hills in large numbers during this fest so that other tourist spots of the State could also receive much needed boost to tourism.
The Indian Military Academy band will perform during the inauguration of the festival while cultural troupes from parts of Uttarakhand and other States will also perform. Various other cultural programmes will also be held on the occasion. On December 28, Mussoorie heritage walk circuit, mountain biking and cycling, run for Mussoorie, rock climbing and a cultural evening will be organised.
On December 29 various programmes will be held from 10 AM to 10 PM including photography competition and a cultural evening while the events planned on December 30 will include a vintage car rally from Mussoorie to Rishikesh via Chamba, painting competition, magic show and other programmes, said Purushottam.
He also directed officials to ensure adequate parking space for the convenience of visiting tourists. Various committees formed at the meeting include the fund raising committee comprising the DM, chief development officer, ADM (Finance/Revenue),Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board member, the finance committee comprising Mussoorie municipality chairman, Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority secretary, Dehradun chief treasury officer, regional tourism officer, SDM Mussoorie and Mussoorie municipality executive officer.
Other committees were also formed to ensure proper organisation of the Mussoorie winter line festival.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- ‘Crorepati’ BJD candidates file papers for Rajya Sabha 31 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Doctors not happy with retirement age hike to 65 yrs 31 May 2016 | NIMAI CHARAN SAHU | in Bhubaneswar
- Abolish high-value currency and existing taxes 31 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Briefs 31 May 2016 | Pioneer | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt to buy medicines worth Rs 239 cr 31 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Defence agrees for air show in Cuttack for Biju centenary 31 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- +2 Arts, Com, Vocational results tomorrow 31 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Villagers trek 25 km to collect NFSA rations 31 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Roadwork in U’kote hit for encroachments 31 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP all set to make PM visit a grand success 31 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
If authorities do not act against the comedian who has disrespected our national icons, the MNS will deal with him.
I like Salman Khan's company; I hope he likes mine too. If Sultan had somebody else, I wouldn't have done it.
Samajwadi Party's attempt to form an alliance with the RLD shows that it is not confident of coming to power again in Uttar Pradesh.