- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Mussoorie Winterline carnival from Dec 27
The Mussoorie Winterline carnival will be held from December 27 to 30. Various committees were formed to facilitate the smooth organisation of this fest at a meeting chaired by the Dehradun District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam on Thursday.
The DM informed that the Mussoorie Winter Line festival is slated to be inaugurated by the Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna at the Survey Ground in Mussoorie on December 27. Hoping that tourists from various parts of India and abroad would visit Mussoorie during this festival, the DM also requested the Mussoorie municipality chairman Manmohan Mall to also hold meetings at his level to ensure that tourists arrive in the queen of hills in large numbers during this fest so that other tourist spots of the State could also receive much needed boost to tourism.
The Indian Military Academy band will perform during the inauguration of the festival while cultural troupes from parts of Uttarakhand and other States will also perform. Various other cultural programmes will also be held on the occasion. On December 28, Mussoorie heritage walk circuit, mountain biking and cycling, run for Mussoorie, rock climbing and a cultural evening will be organised.
On December 29 various programmes will be held from 10 AM to 10 PM including photography competition and a cultural evening while the events planned on December 30 will include a vintage car rally from Mussoorie to Rishikesh via Chamba, painting competition, magic show and other programmes, said Purushottam.
He also directed officials to ensure adequate parking space for the convenience of visiting tourists. Various committees formed at the meeting include the fund raising committee comprising the DM, chief development officer, ADM (Finance/Revenue),Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board member, the finance committee comprising Mussoorie municipality chairman, Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority secretary, Dehradun chief treasury officer, regional tourism officer, SDM Mussoorie and Mussoorie municipality executive officer.
Other committees were also formed to ensure proper organisation of the Mussoorie winter line festival.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM sacks Shivpal Yadav from state cabinet 24 Oct 2016 | VN Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Mulayam expelled Ramgopal for six years 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP asks Akihilesh to prove majority 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Will be with CM in ‘Dharamyudh’ against political dalals: Ramgopal 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Naresh Agarwal regrets expulsion of Ramgopal 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Govt to present Yash Bharti awards on October 27 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘Inferno’ haze hitting Brand Odisha, forces CM’s hand 24 Oct 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP to gherao B’swar DM office tomorrow 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 youths held for molesting college girl in Jajpur 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Gurubari: Penury was versatile dancer’s permanent ally 24 Oct 2016 | NIMAI CHARAN SAHU | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.