- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Mussoorie Winterline carnival from Dec 27
The Mussoorie Winterline carnival will be held from December 27 to 30. Various committees were formed to facilitate the smooth organisation of this fest at a meeting chaired by the Dehradun District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam on Thursday.
The DM informed that the Mussoorie Winter Line festival is slated to be inaugurated by the Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna at the Survey Ground in Mussoorie on December 27. Hoping that tourists from various parts of India and abroad would visit Mussoorie during this festival, the DM also requested the Mussoorie municipality chairman Manmohan Mall to also hold meetings at his level to ensure that tourists arrive in the queen of hills in large numbers during this fest so that other tourist spots of the State could also receive much needed boost to tourism.
The Indian Military Academy band will perform during the inauguration of the festival while cultural troupes from parts of Uttarakhand and other States will also perform. Various other cultural programmes will also be held on the occasion. On December 28, Mussoorie heritage walk circuit, mountain biking and cycling, run for Mussoorie, rock climbing and a cultural evening will be organised.
On December 29 various programmes will be held from 10 AM to 10 PM including photography competition and a cultural evening while the events planned on December 30 will include a vintage car rally from Mussoorie to Rishikesh via Chamba, painting competition, magic show and other programmes, said Purushottam.
He also directed officials to ensure adequate parking space for the convenience of visiting tourists. Various committees formed at the meeting include the fund raising committee comprising the DM, chief development officer, ADM (Finance/Revenue),Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board member, the finance committee comprising Mussoorie municipality chairman, Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority secretary, Dehradun chief treasury officer, regional tourism officer, SDM Mussoorie and Mussoorie municipality executive officer.
Other committees were also formed to ensure proper organisation of the Mussoorie winter line festival.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- JMM leader’s murder sparks protest in city 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Satanpur readies to welcome Das 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City’s oldest public library to get facelift 14 Feb 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Mudra scheme a boon for Hazaribagh 14 Feb 2016 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- CM gifts auto-rikshaw to women driver 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maya terms budget as ‘a total failure’ 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Captain reappears after a week in Faizabad 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Gunmen gun down journalist at Gosaiganj 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Dalit organizations hails NDA’s govt announcement 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maharaj demands punishment for student over their ant-national slogans 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
14 Feb 2016 | Ananya Borgohain
Be it ancient legends or modern paranormal accounts, the mystical aura beyond the realm of rationality never fails to draw one’s undivided attention. ANANYA BORGOHAIN explores such ‘ghostly’ encounters that send shivers down the spine, and attempts to understand what about them fascinates everyone It is difficult to describe Mumbai’s Marine Drive in words that could highlight any of its newer, unexplored nuances...
If anyone tries to raise questions on the country’s unity and integrity, they will not be spared. Stringent action will be taken.
I don’t have a type; I think older would be good for me. They are more chilled and you don’t get the games.
Songs today have a very short shelf-life. When music becomes mechanical, that doesn’t work. It has to be a creative process.